News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

New Contests

Started by Macawmoses, November 17, 2008, 07:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Ahoy,

1. I figured I'd announce that POST OF THE WEEK has been resurrected, for better or worse. We used to run a few on NSF, including the Smash Bros, Written, etc. however each flopped. Joy.

However, while chatting with Silver, about various things, we decided bringing back PotW, forum wide, could have numerous benefits.

With that, it returns. Each week, users can nominate other posts (not their own) by posting in a thread that I'll have on Power On. The judges (TBA) will then select the best of the nominated posts, and name it PotW.

Outside of the prestige, and a sig, there won't be a prize for now...or wait. Here's an idea, my beloved Dermatologist rank, which I won in LS' Mole event, can be given to the winner for the duration of PotW. There we go.

So, there is glory, sigs, and ranks to be had.

We'll start the first week on Sunday. Until then, post some suggestions, comments, etc.

2. Fan Art now has a lovely Sig of the Week contest, another one brought back from the grave. The rules are a tad different, but you should like them.

3. DS now has a contest, the goal is to mix and match current DS games to make a new, totally original contest. Box art, screenshots, descriptions, control schemes, and the like should be included. The winner will get a prize of sorts.

~MoM~

Java

I remember the one on the Smash Board, I was a judge but it never actually started. ::)

Well, I hope this one will actually succeed.
I think it's a good idea to bring it back.

Ron

Sounds interesting. I'll definitely be voting. xP

Click me ^

Zovistograt

"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Ridley

Wow, sounds fun. I bet contest will win, that is if someone makes a good contest. ;)
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

jnfs2014

Macawmoses