News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The E3 2012 Info and Discussion Thread

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, May 23, 2012, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on May 29, 2012, 10:14:47 PM
Anything Kinect does benefits humanity more than it will ever hope to benefit video games.

I guess Microsoft should totally stick to computers without the games.
Windows 8 would make you think otherwise

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on June 02, 2012, 07:12:40 PM
Nintendo is holding a Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 3:00 PM PDT/6:00 PM EDT. The focus will be the Wii U concept/hardware. Click the link to their E3 site in the OP and go to Nintendo's Twitter page for more info.

I get the feeling this will be a big load of nothing, only detailing some basic information so they don't have to go over it on Tuesday.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on June 02, 2012, 11:06:03 PM
I get the feeling this will be a big load of nothing, only detailing some basic information so they don't have to go over it on Tuesday.
Okay, but you also think the conference itself will suck. :P You really need to work on that extreme pessimism of yours.

The main reason they would bother doing this is to show off the final hardware so that EA and Ubisoft can show trailers and onstage demos of Wii U games at their conferences with the updated controller.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on June 03, 2012, 07:37:48 AM
Okay, but you also think the conference itself will suck. :P You really need to work on that extreme pessimism of yours.

The main reason they would bother doing this is to show off the final hardware so that EA and Ubisoft can show trailers and onstage demos of Wii U games at their conferences with the updated controller.
Excellent Reasoning.

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on June 03, 2012, 07:37:48 AM

The post about everything sucking was mostly me joking. I'm sure Nintendo will do just fine, I just don't see the point of a Pre-E3 presentation when, at best, we'll just see the WiiU hardware a bit, when in all likelihood we've already seen good chunks of it with the slightly altered controller and all that.

The Riddler

Wii U Pro Controller confirmed - basically an xbox controller for the Wii U but the right joystick is in a terrible position.

The Riddler

Also NFC scanner, basically Skylanders interface built into the touchscreen pad.

Also video chat. And message boards. Wii U = Social Networking.

DededeCloneChris

Nayrman

Pro controller = intercourse ing finally Nintendo. Just give us the option to use a decent controller and we'll be happy. yeesh.

The rest I couldnt' care less about. What's that? You have a social network? Don't care, all my friends are on facebook and the like. What's that? sucky hipster players can ask for help on the network? It's called Gamefaqs, where have you been the last 15 years? Oh, a browser you say? Yeah, if the WiiU is online, then you no doubt have a computer that's all kinds of better for browsing.

So yeah, that happened I guess.... just waiting on the games now.

Tupin

Pro Controller has the right stick in a weird place, but I don't care. It's going to be so awesome.

I'm surprised they're going to do something with mobile phones. Didn't expect that.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DededeCloneChris

BTW, it's important to notice how the button placement in both controllers is the same (except for the screen, obviously). I'm guessing both have the same placement to avoid confusion if the people happened to change between the two frequently.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on June 03, 2012, 12:46:20 PM
The post about everything sucking was mostly me joking. I'm sure Nintendo will do just fine, I just don't see the point of a Pre-E3 presentation when, at best, we'll just see the WiiU hardware a bit, when in all likelihood we've already seen good chunks of it with the slightly altered controller and all that.
Did you even read the second half of my post?

Also, you missed a HUGE part of the picture, guys. This social stuff confirms a real account system. Now all we need to hear is that there won't be friend codes and Nintendo has modern online!

Nayrman

Yes, but we pretty much already knew they'd go to an account system. They'd be dead before even setting off if they tried to do Friend Codes again. That's not all that surprising. It'd be shocking if they DIDN'T do it.

So yeah, it's important, but it was expected so I'm not exactly bouncing off the walls.

Tupin

I was about to say something similar to that. HD graphics, social accounts and unrestricted analog sticks? Welcome to everyone else's 2006, Nintendo.

I do wonder what they have in store for Tuesday.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Tupin on June 03, 2012, 04:45:26 PM
I was about to say something similar to that. HD graphics, social accounts and unrestricted analog sticks? Welcome to everyone else's 2006, Nintendo.

I do wonder what they have in store for Tuesday.
Games. Lots of games. And since that's the only thing you care about it seems, that should make you happy.

Speaking of which, you forgot to complain about the NSMB art style, Nayr. :P