News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Resident Evil 6 Official Trailer (Gameplay Included)

Started by Qsmash, January 19, 2012, 07:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Michio Kaku on January 21, 2012, 10:47:51 AM
RE5 wasn't even bad to begin with

It wasn't, but being the sequel to one of the best games of all time, it was disappointing.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Michio Kaku on January 21, 2012, 10:47:51 AM
RE5 wasn't even bad to begin with
Only RE I've ever played, and considering that I loved that game, I can't wait to play one of the actually good ones.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Ho Ho Hover Poultry on January 21, 2012, 11:14:41 AM
Only RE I've ever played, and considering that I loved that game, I can't wait to play one of the actually good ones.

The reason a lot of RE fans don't like it is because it's a lot different than other RE games. It's a full-on mission-based co-op third-person shooter without any hint of survival horror. If you like RE5, it doesn't mean you'll like anything else in the series.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on January 21, 2012, 12:02:07 PM
The reason a lot of RE fans don't like it is because it's a lot different than other RE games. It's a full-on mission-based co-op third-person shooter without any hint of survival horror. If you like RE5, it doesn't mean you'll like anything else in the series.
Ah. Well then, I still look forward to playing a legitimate survival-horror RE game.

Neerb

So, after seeing the amazing trailer for 6, hearing my friend so excited about Raccoon City, and playing the beautiful demo for Revelations, I'm thinking about getting into Resident Evil... which I've never played before. Any suggestions? My friend raves about 5, and 4 gets tons of praise, but I know the series follows a story with characters; should I play them all in the proper order? Are the non-numbered ones important?

Qsmash

Quote from: Delibird on January 21, 2012, 04:39:04 PM
So, after seeing the amazing trailer for 6, hearing my friend so excited about Raccoon City, and playing the beautiful demo for Revelations, I'm thinking about getting into Resident Evil... which I've never played before. Any suggestions? My friend raves about 5, and 4 gets tons of praise, but I know the series follows a story with characters; should I play them all in the proper order? Are the non-numbered ones important?
Resident Evil Remake for the Gamecube. RE 2, 3, and Code Veronica if you can.

Doodle

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on January 20, 2012, 10:17:44 PM
Kids today expect that.
then they shouldn't play a rated M game?
what are you even sdfdsgddfh
YEAH

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on January 21, 2012, 11:11:25 AM
It wasn't, but being the sequel to one of the best games of all time, it was disappointing.

Just curious. Why do you feel that it was disappointing? What were you expecting from RE5? Everything that made RE4 good was present in RE5.

RE4 was the beginning of "neo" Resident Evil and set the precedent for the games to come(in addition to being a gamecube exclusive for a bit, which fueled the OMG FINALLY AN AMAZING MATURE GAME ON GC reactions).

We hadn't ever played an action game like RE4 before. When looking at both games objectively, its hard to say one is better than the other. The gameplay is basically the same in both except your partner is armed and 5 had more puzzles and poop(from what I recall anyway). Graphics are obviously better in 5 and who cares about RE music? The boss fights and QTE's in 5 are just as inventive as 4's, and the story is the same convoluted japanese mess as always.

Want to know why I liked RE5 more? Co-op. Yep. Shit was fun.

RE5 was just more of the same, but it looks like RE6 is trying some new stuff out. Hopefully the formula isn't ruined.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on January 21, 2012, 06:01:25 AM
Speaking of which, I hope that there's a Wii U version with either Wii Remote/Nunchuck support or the HUD and item management on the second screen. I'm holding out for that E3 announcement.

But I'll buy it either way. It looks much better than RE5, and ZOMBIES!
Right, that second screen could be put to good use. I hope they bring back the Mercenaries game-type too. I played the piss out of that. They just need more stages and should bring back the old ones--at least the castle one.

On a side note, I just saw a trailer for a new RE movie. While I've never seen any of the movies (they're supposedly not that great--critically speaking), I did actually recognize a character from the video games, one that I actually knew, no less. I believe it was Ada Wong--the Chinese woman in the red dress, anyway.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Michio Kaku on January 27, 2012, 02:48:37 PM
Just curious. Why do you feel that it was disappointing? What were you expecting from RE5? Everything that made RE4 good was present in RE5.

RE4 was the beginning of "neo" Resident Evil and set the precedent for the games to come(in addition to being a gamecube exclusive for a bit, which fueled the OMG FINALLY AN AMAZING MATURE GAME ON GC reactions).

We hadn't ever played an action game like RE4 before. When looking at both games objectively, its hard to say one is better than the other. The gameplay is basically the same in both except your partner is armed and 5 had more puzzles and poop(from what I recall anyway). Graphics are obviously better in 5 and who cares about RE music? The boss fights and QTE's in 5 are just as inventive as 4's, and the story is the same convoluted japanese mess as always.

Want to know why I liked RE5 more? Co-op. Yep. Shit was fun.

RE5 was just more of the same, but it looks like RE6 is trying some new stuff out. Hopefully the formula isn't ruined.

It was too much of an action game, with no horror element at all. The forced Co-op was just annoying if you wanted to play single-player. And...

I mean what the intercourse  was that?

Plus Capcpom just pisses me off these days.

Zero

woah i'm late

anyway I see what you mean

RE4 was eerie when compared to RE5. The setting was better. It's sort of hard to convey a horror game feeling when the sun is shining. Not to mention when beginning RE4 there is so much uncertainty as to why the villagers are zombified. By RE5 we already know its the parasites.

Hopefully RE6 recaptures the RE feel while still making action gamers happy.

Hero_of_Darkness

Based on the fact that Capcom said that RE needs to be less survival horror and more action to sell to the CoD audience, I'll bet that this game will be about as scary as a Hello Kitty doll.

Zero

It's times like this when I realize that gaming was better when it wasn't as mainstream. Not to sound like a hipster fag, but when every publisher starts focusing on what sells like crack, the variety in the industry goes to poop. Though, there is a tradeoff. Companies like Nintendo and Atlus really begin to shine in times like these.

Capcom really needs to realize that they are never going to be as successful as Activision has been. It's getting old.

zephilicious

this happens to every industry given enough time and popularity.

independent game development has not yet reached the point where it's a viable alternative like it is in music or film, but given time it will.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 25, 2012, 11:51:01 PM
this happens to every industry given enough time and popularity.

independent game development has not yet reached the point where it's a viable alternative like it is in music or film, but given time it will.
Unfortunately, if the rumors about EA and Activision pushing Microsoft to go bleeding-edge so that smaller publishers can't keep up are true, that'll only happen after consoles die.