News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

does anyone actually see WiiU being successful?

Started by The Riddler, January 07, 2012, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephilicious

at this point more smash bros is just more characters, its time for a new crossover series
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Michio Kaku on March 14, 2012, 09:56:05 PM
I still need to know how they plan to appeal to core gamers this time around.

Smash Bros using a tablet is going to suck dick
I'm sure you'll at least be able to use a Classic Controller Pro in the worst case. The controller will probably be altered next time we see it as well.

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on March 14, 2012, 03:01:09 PM
I've heard multiple devs praising the WiiU like mad. I don't have any specific quotes, but so far it's been very well-liked.
Thing is, the same was said of the Wii. :/ Still good to hear, though.

I also heard a rumor that UE4 will run on Wii U (which is important for obvious reasons), but I personally doubt it, especially since Mark Rein seems to be trying to push UE3 on it so hard.

EDIT: It turns out that Microsoft doesn't have a console planned this year, so Nintendo t least has a year head-start going for it

Kayo

I could probably get used to Smash on a CC Pro real quick, so I don't see that being a problem.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 15, 2012, 02:42:14 PM
EDIT: It turns out that Microsoft doesn't have a console planned this year, so Nintendo t least has a year head-start going for it

assuming we count the later sega consoles, the NES was the last console to both launch first and sell best in its generation.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 16, 2012, 01:48:12 PM
assuming we count the later sega consoles, the NES was the last console to both launch first and sell best in its generation.
So? I don't care about first place. A lead over the lasting competition has helped most of the time, however. Genesis stole quite a bit of market share from Nintendo if you compare NES and SNES sales; I don't even need to mention PS1 (which would have been the first of the generation is Sega didn't panic) and PS2 (and keep in mind that the Dreamcast was doomed before it even hit the market due to Sega's financial situation); 360's lead helped it to triple the sales of its predecessor and made XBox the new face of "hardcore" gaming; and let's be honest, Vita is never going to catch up with 3DS. Really, it seems more like Sega is the one to blame there. Wii seems to be the exception here, and that wasn't even competing with the other two consoles.

Hero_of_Darkness

Well, forget I said anything. If the latest rumor about Wii U on NeoGAF is true, this thing is screwed. :/ (More than one controller is technically impossible without the console effectively becoming significantly weaker than current-gen consoles.)

zephilicious

I thought this was already known. the controllers would cost well over $100 each anyway
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 18, 2012, 04:32:50 PM
I thought this was already known. the controllers would cost well over $100 each anyway
Not exactly. Nintendo said it at E3, but they didn't say that it was a technical limitation and there was a rumor later that that it was brought up to 2.

Also, the only reason the controller would cost more than $100 would be if Nintendo got greedy. $70-80 should be easily possible. It least, it better be, since this console will be the flop of century if it costs more than $300, and even at $300 it likely won't even reach GameCube sales.

... Granted, I predicted GameCube-level sales for 3DS, and I still can't get the taste of crow out of my mouth.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 18, 2012, 05:24:05 PM
Not exactly. Nintendo said it at E3, but they didn't say that it was a technical limitation and there was a rumor later that that it was brought up to 2.

Also, the only reason the controller would cost more than $100 would be if Nintendo got greedy. $70-80 should be easily possible. It least, it better be, since this console will be the flop of century if it costs more than $300, and even at $300 it likely won't even reach GameCube sales.

... Granted, I predicted GameCube-level sales for 3DS, and I still can't get the taste of crow out of my mouth.
$70-80 is still quite a load for just a controller, unless the console itself is only $130 to begin with. PFFFT AHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 18, 2012, 05:24:05 PM
Also, the only reason the controller would cost more than $100 would be if Nintendo got greedy. $70-80 should be easily possible.

we're talking all of the technology in the existing wiimote ($40), plus most of the technology in a small tablet ($200)
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 19, 2012, 12:31:58 PM
we're talking all of the technology in the existing wiimote ($40), plus most of the technology in a small tablet ($200)
The only thing it shares with a tablet is a screen, and even then it's low-res and resistive. It's nowhere near as advanced as the Kindle Fire. Besides that, there are $100 tablets, and the Wii Remote costs less than $10 to produce. It's more like Wii Remote Plus + 360 controller + a screen + whatever streaming tech they use. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you forgot that the controller can't stand on its own, since you'd have to be insane to think that Nintendo would bother with a controller that costs almost as much as a 3DS.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 19, 2012, 12:47:31 PM
The only thing it shares with a tablet is a screen, and even then it's low-res and resistive. It's nowhere near as advanced as the Kindle Fire. Besides that, there are $100 tablets, and the Wii Remote costs less than $10 to produce. It's more like Wii Remote Plus + 360 controller + a screen + whatever streaming tech they use. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you forgot that the controller can't stand on its own, since you'd have to be insane to think that Nintendo would bother with a controller that costs almost as much as a 3DS.
Funny how it "can't stand on its own", though it just may as well.  From what's been shown, the Wii U doesn't even need to use the TV screen if it has the controllers.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 19, 2012, 12:56:16 PM
Funny how it "can't stand on its own", though it just may as well.  From what's been shown, the Wii U doesn't even need to use the TV screen if it has the controllers.
I don't get your point here.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 19, 2012, 12:58:19 PM
I don't get your point here.
It's becoming less like a controller and more like the entire focus of your gameplay.
[move][/move]