News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Official Timeline for the Legend of Zelda

Started by Neerb, December 23, 2011, 06:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

What about all the kids who first picked up OoT and got to the final boss and could never win? What about those people?
Probably won't happen, but I think the next game should be a prequel to Link to the past, sequel to OoT where Link loses, and it goes into the history of Link losing (Like in Wind Waker's beginning cutscene, except loser)
[move][/move]
Dude .

zephilicious

Quote from: The Riddler on December 25, 2011, 01:05:28 AM
nintendo made it official that LoZ, ALttP, both Oracle Games, and Links Awakening "never happened"

:|
technically links awakening was always a dream and never happened
~~ <3

Neerb

Plenty of people have had a Game Over screen at Ocarina's final boss. Plus, even if it didn't happen in-game, plenty of stuff happens off-screen in this series, most notably Ganon being revived between games.

Also, since the ORIGINAL games are in that "Downfall" timeline, that technically means that the 3D games "never happened." And again, if you think about it in terms of universes, it ALL happened, just in different universes, with the one where Link loses being "Prime" since that's where the first game is.

Zero

uh wait a second

I remember during the wait for Twilight Princess the previews kept saying that it took place after the flood in Wind Waker, after Hyrule was restored. I remember people in-game mentioning the great flood.

I could be wrong about the last one, but I definitely remember the previews stating this.

I'm with Riddler and Zeph on this. Seems like it was really just thrown together without any real thought.

Neerb

Quote from: Michio Kaku on December 25, 2011, 06:43:26 PM
uh wait a second

I remember during the wait for Twilight Princess the previews kept saying that it took place after the flood in Wind Waker, after Hyrule was restored. I remember people in-game mentioning the great flood.

I could be wrong about the last one, but I definitely remember the previews stating this.

I'm with Riddler and Zeph on this. Seems like it was really just thrown together without any real thought.

That was just an idea tossed around during development. It's been confirmed as a MM sequel for YEARS.

zephilicious

Quote from: Delibird on December 25, 2011, 07:38:57 PM
That was just an idea tossed around during development. It's been confirmed as a MM sequel for YEARS.
this only further supports my claim. the timeline is irrelevant until the fans ask about it.
~~ <3

The Riddler

Quote from: zephilicious on December 25, 2011, 03:23:32 AM
technically links awakening was always a dream and never happened
Fair.

Quote from: Delibird on December 25, 2011, 07:55:24 AM
Plenty of people have had a Game Over screen at Ocarina's final boss.
Terrible terrible  terrible  terrible  terrible  terrible  terrible  excuse to justify a "failure" timeline. And you know that darn well. If you honestly  believe that's a good justification you're retarded.

There is non canonical failure for Link. The logic you're using here means that any time the player fails, a new universe begins.

Fuck that.

Bearissoslow

Quote from: The Riddler on December 25, 2011, 01:05:28 AM
nintendo made it official that LoZ, ALttP, both Oracle Games, and Links Awakening "never happened"

:|

yeah there is no god etc. etc.

Super

Sometimes I wish Wind Waker never happened.

Flying Chickens

Anyways, while you're all arguing about the order they came in, I'll be over here playing... not caring...

Neerb

Quote from: The Riddler on December 26, 2011, 12:39:10 AM
Fair.
Terrible terrible  terrible  terrible  terrible  terrible  terrible  excuse to justify a "failure" timeline. And you know that darn well. If you honestly  believe that's a good justification you're retarded.

There is non canonical failure for Link. The logic you're using here means that any time the player fails, a new universe begins.

Fuck that.

Well, it's canonical now, I guess. Also, who says it has to be in a game to be canon? It's just an off-screen event between Four Swords and A Link to the Past as far as I'm concerned.

Quote from: zephilicious on December 25, 2011, 11:16:26 PM
this only further supports my claim. the timeline is irrelevant until the fans ask about it.

Fans didn't ask, it was announced, because it was decided while the game was still in development. It's placement after Majora's Mask is entirely relevant, too; the whole reason Ganondorf is "executed" in TP's backstory is because he invaded Hyrule but was stopped before reaching the Sacred Realm, which is exactly what would happen on the Child Timeline since, at the end of Ocarina of Time, Link was sent there with all the knowledge of the Adult Timeline before Ganondorf's invasion had begun. It's in-game canonization ala Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword.

Mona

Here's the timeline with a bit more detail. Maybe it'll clear some things up.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Zero

Quote from: Snowflake Mona on December 27, 2011, 05:05:40 PM
Here's the timeline with a bit more detail. Maybe it'll clear some things up.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hero is defeated, but Ganon still gets revived in ALttP? what? I hope that "Sealing War" is what explains that.

Neerb

Quote from: Michio Kaku on December 27, 2011, 06:21:36 PM
Hero is defeated, but Ganon still gets revived in ALttP? what? I hope that "Sealing War" is what explains that.

Yes; the "Sealing War" is the backstory to ALttP, where Ganon had the Triforce, but there was no hero to wield the Master Sword, so the six sages sealed him away with the help of the Knights of Hyrule.

Zero

Quote from: Delibird on December 27, 2011, 10:57:45 PM
Yes; the "Sealing War" is the backstory to ALttP, where Ganon had the Triforce, but there was no hero to wield the Master Sword, so the six sages sealed him away with the help of the Knights of Hyrule.

right