News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Sonic "Generations"

Started by Nayrman, April 07, 2011, 07:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-3

It's a Robotnik-Eggman team-up. I guess one contacted the other with technology and from there they began to hatch a plan to destroy Sonic by ripping apart time and space.

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_noticia.php?id=cw4dac4aa853a0d&pic=GEN
This video has a japanese interview with spanish subtitles. It also has some gameplay.

FruitFlow

Oh, well then if that's the case it sounds epic.
I always used to think Robotnik was Eggman just with a different name.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Nayrman

They are. However, he was called Robotnik more often in the older games. Once the dreamcast came out even the american continuity was forced to call him Eggman. So when a fan says "Robotnik" they usually mean old Sonic. :)

FruitFlow

Quote from: Nayrman on April 18, 2011, 02:37:54 PM
They are. However, he was called Robotnik more often in the older games. Once the dreamcast came out even the american continuity was forced to call him Eggman. So when a fan says "Robotnik" they usually mean old Sonic. :)
Ah, I see.
LOL. I remember at Oldsider there were a lot of people that said they were 2 different people.
I pretty much got confused at that point and remained neutral to the situation afterwards.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Nayrman

Eggman and Robotnik are two separate people in the Archie Comics.

Its....complicated.

Neerb

Gameplay with translated subtitles.

So, this game looks AWESOME. I'm most glad to get more Sonic-y themed stages with Daytime Unleashed gameplay (real, high-speed 3D stuff, not that mostly 2-D stuff from Colors), and of course Old Sonic gameplay looks good too. I still want other characters to show up, though; they surely won't be playable, but I'd like for them to do something, or at least be part of the story.

Also, since they're compressing 20 years of Sonic in one game, does that mean that we'll get specific stages from newer games too? I'd love to do some Adventure 1 & 2 stuff using Old and New Sonic gameplay and these beautiful graphical overhauls. Heck, maybe they'll add in something from Shadow or 06! The apocalyptic lava-filled city of 06's future could be awesome in Generations form.

Nayrman

They said we would get stages from the three eras of Sonic. Classic, Dreamcast, and Modern. So I expect some Adventure 1 and 2 madness as well as some recent stuff as well.

JrDude

I hope they have brand new original levels too. And not just 1 or 2.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

They are "original" in terms of design. It's not like classic Sonic is an exact replica of Sonic 1. That much can be seen in the footage.

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 18, 2011, 03:46:14 PM
I hope they have brand new original levels too. And not just 1 or 2.

Well, if you think about it, these are almost ALL new levels; 2D gameplay in levels made to look like 3D games, and vice versa.

Playat

So anyone think that Super Sonic will return as playable in this game? I really hope that other characters will be playable like Knuckles and Tails. I think its been quite a while since they were playable in a game that doesn't suck.

Nayrman

Sega confirmed only the two Sonic's are playable, but the other characters will appear.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on April 18, 2011, 05:20:58 PM
Sega confirmed only the two Sonic's are playable, but the other characters will appear.
"Other characters"

So now they're bringing seven-year old Amy as well.

This is just going to make everyone think the old selves will come back too. *Sonic fanfic writers go to work*

Nayrman

We don't know if other old designs will be returning, but it's likely. Classic Robotnik appears on the signpost so it's highly likely. It's not like there were many old characters. Although I would like to see a return of Mighty and Ray. :D

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on April 18, 2011, 05:29:01 PM
We don't know if other old designs will be returning, but it's likely. Classic Robotnik appears on the signpost so it's highly likely. It's not like there were many old characters. Although I would like to see a return of Mighty and Ray. :D
Sega has completely killed those off from existence. For some reason, Knuckles never seems to have nostalgia with the Three Stooges Team Chaotix.