News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

SO ARE WE JUST NOT GONNA TALK ABOUT THE HOENN REMAKES?!

Started by Neerb, May 08, 2014, 12:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

HOLY MOLY

zephilicious

The worst generation on the poopty XY engine isn't much to talk about
~~ <3

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Custom

i hope alpha and omega is a reference to that streetlight manifesto song and ska bands end up doing the soundtrack for trumpets everywhere

Zero

Gen III was the incarnation of downgrading a game series' features while upgrading it at the same time. That and also the berry glitch. Kinda killed my post-game and multiplayer to an extent. e-reader exclusive berries was a dumb idea.

Taking away visible day and night felt like such a intercourse ing rip off to me in 2003. Back then I felt like small things such day/night were the future of video games. Even though Pokemon had never looked better, I still felt like it was a step backward to neglect that.

Has a good OST despite trumpets but overall I'd hardly consider it the best generation. I mean, RSE was cool at the time because Pokemon had never looked better and it brought some gimmicks and changes to the gameplay with abilities to freshen things up, but now that all of that is standard, why should I buy a remake?

Gamefreak has to show me something that'll win me over, because if it is just Emerald on the XY engine + new versions of Kyogre and Groudon then I don't really care about these remakes. But seeing as its gamefreak there will likely be other incentives.

It feels weird to say that 3 years from now we might see a Diamond and Pearl remake. Fuck.

Custom

there will probably be TONS of mega evolutions in this game due to how underpowered the majority of pokes from 3rd gen are

also i feel like the D&P remake is the end of pokemon for me. that's where I draw the line

Zero

Quote from: Custom on May 09, 2014, 12:56:34 PM
there will probably be TONS of mega evolutions in this game due to how underpowered the majority of pokes from 3rd gen are

also i feel like the D&P remake is the end of pokemon for me. that's where I draw the line

Yeah that is one I would probably skip unless it was heavily based on Platinum, which seeing as how HGSS turned out, would likely be the case.

As for Megas. What other Gen III pokemon do you guys want to see get megas?

Flygon for me, I guess.

Neerb

JrDude

Maybe some Megas of the latest Gen. Would make some sense too I guess, some stones or whatever can't be found there, but could be found here. Maybe Gen 2's Starters will get Megas like all of Gen 1's starters, or maybe the other 2 Gen 3 Starters.
Also, I'm neutral towards this. Not excited, not disappointed or anything. I'll probably get it. I still have yet to open my Pokémon Y game, but that's because I haven't finished White 2 (Technically, I haven't even done all of the Post Game of White 1, like fighting the ACTUAL champion of the E4). So I'll probably pick it up, play it eventually. I love Pokémon, I just don't have the time right now. I wonder what's gonna change THIS time.
Thinking about it, Gen 3 is where the remakes started. After Ruby & Sapphire, Fire Red & Leaf Green came to be. Will there be a Re-Re-make of those games next? Maybe A Yellow remake instead? (more doubtful for Yellow IMO, because they like to do that whole, "2 versions to get all the Pokémans, get both or miss out!").
Maybe something like, "Mega Red, Mega Green" with the Megas on the Cover. Or if they did an "Electric Yellow" or whatever, maybe introduce Mega Pikachu/Richu.
THAT would be lame. But I thought I'd bring up the idea and call it before it has a slight possibility of happening.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Super

Custom

Super

Quote from: Custom on May 10, 2014, 02:09:41 AM
12 years pal
Joke's on you, it just came out. It's called THE SHIT I JUST TOOK.

I kid.

zephilicious

Quote from: JrDude on May 09, 2014, 11:07:21 PM
After Ruby & Sapphire, Fire Red & Leaf Green came to be. Will there be a Re-Re-make of those games next?
I want this more than gen 3.

but either is poop if they don't fix the engine. And "Game in 2D, Some areas also playable in 3D" says they didn't.
~~ <3

JrDude

Oh, and I was looking up Mega Evolutions today. Apparantly Latias and Latios were SUPPOSED to Mega Evolve, but it just didn't happen. They will probably gain theirs.
Also, I never noticed Gen 5 ALSO didn't have any Mega Evolutions. So there will probably be one or 2 or those.
[move][/move]
Dude .