News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Introducing our new staff...sort of.

Started by Silverhawk79, November 11, 2010, 07:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

Let's face it, demoting people sucks. However, sometimes it's necessary. We simply just have too much staff for our current activity level, and many are inactive as is. Therefore, it has been decided that a staff shuffle is necessary. Many staff members will actually be earning a new position that applies to more than just NSFCD.
We spoke with each staff member involved in the shuffle in order to decide what to do with them, and they all agree with their new positions.

Dawei and Star are being returned to normal user status, with Star having the option to regain his rank when he returns.
Syntax_Error and bluaki are both losing their "tech mod" status and being returned to normal users as well.
Totla resigned as mod, and will be returned to a normal user.
Super will become a "tech mod", specializing in themes.
PsychoYoshi will become our official IRC Mod of sorts, focusing on our chat.
We'd also like to congratulate BOREDFANBOY on becoming "Staff Team Leader", which essentially puts him in charge of mods. He's also "in charge" of NSFCD while neither me or Mack are around. This isn't an admin position, just a mod position.
Additional congrats are in order for KJ, our newest moderator.

So after all this carnage, the current staff list looks like this:
Admin:
Silverhawk79
Mackormoses

Mod:
Light
MYL
KJ
BFB (Staff Team Leader)

Tech Mod:
Super

IRC Mod:
PsychoYoshi

Quick and painless, we hope.

Dog Food

Holy crap. I was on the "Who's Online" page and then left to go read something... When I came back and refreshed the page and saw all of the IP addresses... I got freaked out for a second. This is kind of embarrassing. And a little nerve racking. Actually, probably more of the latter. But I hope I can do this right.

Also, I agree that a staff shuffle was necessary. And I think they were all good choices in terms of where to put everyone, etc.

And definitely can't forget... Congrats to BFB! Out of all the carnage, you came out with a nice promotion. So you should feel special.

Oh cool, I'm the only girl on staff.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

SkyMyl

Wait...two topics for the exact same announcement? If we're going to do it like that, shouldn't this be the announcement, and the topic in Power On being the topic to discuss the announcement in?

Magnum

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Dog Food

Quote from: SkyMyl on November 11, 2010, 09:47:16 PM
Wait...two topics for the exact same announcement? If we're going to do it like that, shouldn't this be the announcement, and the topic in Power On being the topic to discuss the announcement in?
Yeah, probably. I didn't even notice the Power On one. My bad.

Macawmoses

Eh, it doesn't matter one way or another. We're just making sure this gets noticed, as it's kind of a big deal.

Silverhawk79

Well, Mack said "post in BB and PO" so I was like CTRL-V CTRL-V DONE

Super

This staff realignment was just a plot to overthrow my reign, which began in '09.

Macawmoses

I remember proudly adding that bit to the news:

"Under Super's Control Since 09"

Allegretto

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Allegretto

Quote from: Kianglo on November 18, 2010, 05:03:58 PM
Maybe you should... be here more then?
I'm here every day. I just never noticed that, because it's not that big of a deal really.

Lotos

Wow, it seems like a new NSFCD.  Maybe I should be coming here more often?  (^^;

Dog Food

Quote from: Lotos on November 21, 2010, 08:12:02 PM
Wow, it seems like a new NSFCD.  Maybe I should be coming here more often?  (^^;
Yes, yes you should.