News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

X-3

...huh. That's actually kind of a fun ability. I'm not sure how useful it'll be in the long run, but it still sounds nice.

Maybe a player's Zoroark would only transform into a (alive) member of the party?

JrDude

.....Zoroark is almost exactly like Lucario... By that I mean, he's going to be everyone's favorite, and in everyone's party, then people either change their opinion, or don't want to stick with the crowd, or don't want an obvious Pokémon choice to be in the party. HE'S GROWING MORE ON ME!

Also, maybe it'll just transform into a member of the party, regardless of it being alive or not, otherwise it wouldn't have an ability with a fully dead party, and some HM slaves would kinda make it obvious it's Zoroark (not that a lot of this even matters, the second it uses an attack, unless it's disguised as a Pokémon with similar moves, it will be obvious it's Zoroark).
[move][/move]
Dude .

So_So_Man

It would really screw with the metagame if there  are pokemon with other types that have transform

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 14, 2010, 06:49:35 PM
Also, maybe it'll just transform into a member of the party, regardless of it being alive or not, otherwise it wouldn't have an ability with a fully dead party, and some HM slaves would kinda make it obvious it's Zoroark (not that a lot of this even matters, the second it uses an attack, unless it's disguised as a Pokémon with similar moves, it will be obvious it's Zoroark).
Maybe, like how Assist picks a random move from the party, Zoroark transforms into a random party pokemon. Say you battle against someone and they switch their Alakazam out. You see it come back out a few turns later and use a dark-type move on it. Whoops, that's their Zoroark. Could work like that, and would make a bit more sense.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Sweet improvement.

*Sees Lucario disguise*

And it seems he remains very popular. :)

Gwen Khan

Neerb

But wait, there's more!

Starters in action and that new city. AI seems to be a lot cooler, this time around; NPCs walk around the city, walk around you if you get in their way, talk in text bubbles on their own (as in, you don't stop and press A at them)... very nice.

The Riddler

The whole moving thing looks like it'd get annoying.
They're just rocking back and forth. If they were 3D it'd be more tolerable.

Zero

Eh, I don't think I'd find it annoying. If anything, it'd help me feel like the games are advancing.

Though to be honest, it sure as hell is taking them forever. We've had the same gameplay and the same everything for 15 years almost.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on May 16, 2010, 06:12:31 PM
Eh, I don't think I'd find it annoying. If anything, it'd help me feel like the games are advancing.

Though to be honest, it sure as hell is taking them forever. We've had the same gameplay and the same everything for 15 years almost.
Think about putting 500 or more moving sprites, status distribution, cities, key-characters, and the new moves they're coming up with. It's sure as hell a whole lot of work.

Same gameplay and same everything? Dude, this is Pokemon. Of course you'd expect the same formula. We have spin-offs, though.

Zero

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on May 16, 2010, 06:31:59 PM
Think about putting 500 or more moving sprites, status distribution, cities, key-characters, and the new moves they're coming up with. It's sure as hell a whole lot of work.

Same gameplay and same everything? Dude, this is Pokemon. Of course you'd expect the same formula. We have spin-offs, though.

My bad, too vague.

The gameplay at its core is not what I have a problem with. I love the gameplay, always will, but we've had the SAME intercourse ing plot for far too long. It's way past getting old. Also, while moving entry sprites are nice, they've only just recently made them a basic part of the games. Sure they had them in the expansion games but still, non-moving characters during battle should be a thing of the past, and I'm glad Game Freak realizes this.

Of course its a lot of work. Developers constantly say how difficult it is to work with moving 2D sprites(Fighting game devs in particular). Regardless of how difficult it is, it needs to be done and if it proves to be too much work, then there is always the option of switching to 3D animation, not that Game Freak has much experience with 3D animation.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on May 16, 2010, 07:00:25 PM
My bad, too vague.

The gameplay at its core is not what I have a problem with. I love the gameplay, always will, but we've had the SAME intercourse ing plot for far too long. It's way past getting old. Also, while moving entry sprites are nice, they've only just recently made them a basic part of the games. Sure they had them in the expansion games but still, non-moving characters during battle should be a thing of the past, and I'm glad Game Freak realizes this.

Of course its a lot of work. Developers constantly say how difficult it is to work with moving 2D sprites(Fighting game devs in particular). Regardless of how difficult it is, it needs to be done and if it proves to be too much work, then there is always the option of switching to 3D animation, not that Game Freak has much experience with 3D animation.
3D animation in a DS? I don't think it'd handle 500 or more creatures moving, even if they're all blocky and stuff.

Zero

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on May 16, 2010, 07:17:23 PM
3D animation in a DS? I don't think it'd handle 500 or more creatures moving, even if they're all blocky and stuff.

Given the specs of the DS, it definitely could handle it. All at once? Of course not, but then again, you wouldn't be suggesting that.

Neerb

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on May 16, 2010, 07:17:23 PM

The 3DS probably could...  >:(  :|  :(

I don't get it; EVERY new gen of Pokemon has premiered on a different generation of console, and here we have the chance to do it yet again with the 3DS and Black/White coming out within months of eachother... and B/W is on the DS instead?! I mean, sure, making the game for the console everyone already owns/the backwards-compatible console everyone will own is probably better marketing, but this just seems so strange and is in my opinion a missed opportunity. I mean, since 3DS is the NEXT GEN, it will have better graphical power than the DS, right? So, that's practically Gamecube level, right? So here we are, with the potential to have the next Pokemon gen premiere as Colosseum/XD level graphics, and we get... the same graphics we had 4 years ago?