News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Anything interesting at Comic-Con?

Started by Tupin, July 11, 2012, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

So, I suppose this is the thread for things from Comic-Con. Anything cool announced/expected to be announced by Sunday?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

Already posted this with video and screens in it's own thread, but Injustice: Gods Among Us, the upcoming DC fighting game, revealed new characters Nightwing and Cyborg at Comic-Con this year. Hoping they show off even more characters and stages soon.

Also, I REALLY hope we get a Man of Steel trailer, and I mean like a real, decent trailer, either at this Con or at The Dark Knight Rises premiere.

Dog Food

Quote from: Trevelyan on July 12, 2012, 08:48:03 PM
Already posted this with video and screens in it's own thread, but Injustice: Gods Among Us, the upcoming DC fighting game, revealed new characters Nightwing and Cyborg at Comic-Con this year. Hoping they show off even more characters and stages soon.

Also, I REALLY hope we get a Man of Steel trailer, and I mean like a real, decent trailer, either at this Con or at The Dark Knight Rises premiere.
I'm all over Man of Steel. I'm really excited to see Henry Cavill wearing the Superman insignia. Mainly because he's incredibly attractive. I don't know how I feel about Amy Adams as Lois Lane, though. I'm looking forward to a trailer to really see how well they can pull Superman off and potentially top Christopher Reeves.

As if it wasn't enough orgasming over Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy in The Amazing Spider-Man. Or Iron Man and Black Widow in The Avengers.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Zero

Superman needs some love

Gonna see that poop day 1

JrDude

Something interesting at Comic Con? Me, only Sunday though. I was Mario. I got asked to be in so many pictures. Though a lot were with kids, I didn't mind. After a while, I asked them to take a picture as well, and now I have most of the people who asked to be in a picture with me on my phone. And people loved the fact that I was actually in character, like, my Mario voice impression is pretty awesome, not gonna lie, and I used it 90% of the time. Some people just like, whispered "hey look, it's Mario," and though they weren't trying to catch my attention, I turned around and said, "It's a me! Mario." And then they'd laugh, and I loved it. I hate to say it, but I loved the attention. Especially since I knew they wanted pictures because of my character, and not the fact that I had big boobs/cleavage (especially since I don't even have either of that).

Something interesting that happened to me, a fat guy dressed as Mega Man came up to me and said "Hey what's up Mario?" and he just had a... "video game based casual" conversation (like, we talked as if we were actually characters and all that stuff was relevant or whatever), though, he didn't really look at me, I think he was nervous. The conversation kinda didn't end, he just, left. It was funny.
"Hey, what's up Mario?"
Not'a much, just enjoying the Comic Con. How are you doing MegaMan?
"Oh I'm doing good"
Hey, why did you not come-a to my Mario party last weekend?
"Oh sorry, I had to take of Dr. Wily and *insert name of random MM Boss character I don't remember*"
Oh that Dr. Wily, always ruining fun.
*I don't remember the rest of the conversation, but it ended with him saying this*
"Well at least you're not dressed like a gay fairy boy like Link"
*I look around to see a guy dressed as Link fairly far away, I look back and the guy is just running away. Not because of Link, but more because of randomness... I think*

But yeah, funny moment, thought I'd share because it's funny to remember.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Avengers Phase 2 Movies Confirmed:

2013:
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World

2014:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy

Eventually:
Ant Man

Also, Captain America: The Winter Soldier will feature Cap's classic crime-fighting partner and eventual Avenger, Falcon, who will be played by Anthony Mackie.

RX-78-2

Quote from: JrDude 益 on July 17, 2012, 12:50:38 AM
Something interesting at Comic Con? Me, only Sunday though. I was Mario. I got asked to be in so many pictures. Though a lot were with kids, I didn't mind. After a while, I asked them to take a picture as well, and now I have most of the people who asked to be in a picture with me on my phone. And people loved the fact that I was actually in character, like, my Mario voice impression is pretty awesome, not gonna lie, and I used it 90% of the time. Some people just like, whispered "hey look, it's Mario," and though they weren't trying to catch my attention, I turned around and said, "It's a me! Mario." And then they'd laugh, and I loved it. I hate to say it, but I loved the attention. Especially since I knew they wanted pictures because of my character, and not the fact that I had big boobs/cleavage (especially since I don't even have either of that).
That feel, man, that feel. I was at NYAF/NY Comic-Con 2010 cosplaying as a Red Scout from TF2. I'd cosplayed as the Scout at a couple cons before that too and got asked to be in at least ten pictures at each (my record is about fifteen). Everyone was shouting TF2 quotes at me and I played along, of course, "taunting" many a time.

The new Avengers movies sound good though, and I'm excited for the Superman movie too; I really liked the last one from what I remember.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Tupin

Quote from: RX-78-2 on July 18, 2012, 01:31:04 AM
That feel, man, that feel. I was at NYAF/NY Comic-Con 2010 cosplaying as a Red Scout from TF2. I'd cosplayed as the Scout at a couple cons before that too and got asked to be in at least ten pictures at each (my record is about fifteen). Everyone was shouting TF2 quotes at me and I played along, of course, "taunting" many a time.

The new Avengers movies sound good though, and I'm excited for the Superman movie too; I really liked the last one from what I remember.
People watching is half the reason why I would want to go to Comic-Con in the first place. Another Superman movie? The last one was decent, but I don't remember much about it other than they replaced the whole "truth, justice, and the American way" thing.

Zero

Man of Steel will probably be better than the last Superman film

j/s

Neerb

Phineas & Ferb are getting a very special two-part episode next year...

Where they meet Spider-man, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor.

I guess Disney finally got around to exploiting Marvel like Time Warner does DC (Scooby-Doo with Batman, Duck Dodgers with Green Lantern, etc.).

zephilicious

Quote from: Z on July 19, 2012, 03:13:27 AM
Man of Steel will probably be better than the last Superman film

j/s
the last superman film was a generic cash in at the beginning of the superhero craze. it won't be hard to beat.

then again superman always feels generic.
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on July 19, 2012, 08:10:41 AM
the last superman film was a generic cash in at the beginning of the superhero craze. it won't be hard to beat.

then again superman always feels generic.

First part is my point

Second I highly disagree with

Tupin

Quote from: Z on July 19, 2012, 11:34:26 AM
First part is my point

Second I highly disagree with
I don't think you'll find anyone who will admit that Superman Returns was an exemplary example of its genre, but so much has been done with Superman that people may start getting bored with him. You can't make a Superman movie like you make a Spider-Man or Batman movie, because Superman is just so...let's say "unique."

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on July 19, 2012, 02:32:55 PM
I don't think you'll find anyone who will admit that Superman Returns was an exemplary example of its genre, but so much has been done with Superman that people may start getting bored with him. You can't make a Superman movie like you make a Spider-Man or Batman movie, because Superman is just so...let's say "unique."

Superman is overpowered as poop.

Tupin

Quote from: Z on July 19, 2012, 05:30:36 PM
Superman is overpowered as poop.
Pretty much this. I was trying to sugarcoat it, but yeah.