News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Started by Zero, June 05, 2010, 09:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

So far we have:

Ryu
Chun-Li
Morrigan
Chris Redfield
Dante
Trish
Felecia
Nathan Spencer
Arthur
Amaterasu
Viewtiful Joe
Tron Bonne
Deadpool
Captain America
Wolverine
The Hulk
Iron Man
Spider-Man
X-23
M.O.D.O.K.
Magneto
Thor
Super Skrull
Dr. Doom
and Dormammu

The characters Tyrant, Nemesis, and every member of the Fantastic Four have been confirmed to be absent from the game.

Another fact that's pretty surprising is that the game has been in development since the summer of 2008. lol fans have been clamoring for it for years and they announce it only recently.

Anyways, discuss characters, modes, etc. you want in the game, etc.

Cornwad

I hope they reveal the remaining known characters at E3. If we get that and some actual gameplay footage I'll be happy.

Nayrman

Dante and Deadpool are in it. And we get BOULDER PUNCHING ACTION CHRIS REDFIELD.

I'm already there man, already there.

SkyMyl

There are a multitude of characters I want, and while I'm definitely buying it, there's one character I would love to see in particular.

Quote from: Cornwad on June 05, 2010, 11:06:15 AM
I hope they reveal the remaining known characters at E3. If we get that and some actual gameplay footage I'll be happy.
And this. Actual gameplay footage would be nice, instead of glossing over pictures.

BOREDFOREVER

I read the spread they did on it in GameInformer.  Apparently Deadpool can beat opponents with their own life bars.  I like this.

Full character line-up would be nice.   

Zero

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on June 05, 2010, 11:28:16 AM
I read the spread they did on it in GameInformer.  Apparently Deadpool can beat opponents with their own life bars.  I like this.

Yes

Qsmash

I think I see Trish(DMC), Chun-Li, and Frank West in the silhouettes.

Java

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Fantastic Four was excluded from the game?

Turok

Quote from: Java on June 08, 2010, 07:59:48 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Fantastic Four was excluded from the game?
I think because Fox has the rights to the characters for now.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Cornwad

No, that wouldn't make sense considering Doctor Doom is in. It's because Super Skrull is in it instead. 1 character is easier than 4.

Zero

You're both prolly right.

From what I understand Fox still has the majority of the rights concerning the Fantastic Four, but not Dr. Doom or Super Skrull. The developers probably figured that Super Skrull should suffice considering he has all the powers the FF has.

It's weird though, considering Disney airs the Fantastic Four cartoon around the time it airs Iron Man and The X-Men. Character licenses are weird, dunno.

Cornwad

It also makes sense because of the way the game works. At best you could only have the Fantastic Three out at once, and it really isn't true to the characters to have them fighting solo.

Zero

Quote from: Cornwad on June 09, 2010, 04:43:09 PM
It also makes sense because of the way the game works. At best you could only have the Fantastic Three out at once, and it really isn't true to the characters to have them fighting solo.

Pretty much. So with Skrull at least we get the the FF all at once even if he is one of their major villains.

I'm not much of an FF fan so personally I couldn't care less. Gotta love Doom though.

Cornwad

The new artwork for preE3 leads me to believe that the story involves Dormammu as the main villain causing some kind of dimensional rift that brings the two words together. I hope Dr. Strange makes it in too.

Based on this picture: [spoiler][/spoiler]
We can assume that Dr.Doom and Super Skrull (left), Dormammu (center), and Chun Li and Frank West (right) will be officially revealed at E3.

Zero

I'm all for Dr. Strange.

If Spider-Man isn't in this we're definitely going to have a problem though. Everyone hasn't questioned it as to whether or not he is because we all just assume he'll be in because he's well...Spider-Man. We haven't had any confirmation though, which sort of sucks.

Also, no Mega Man character has been confirmed yet. Gay.