News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Z on June 27, 2012, 03:17:52 PM
Crobat is fine

Raticate is not
This exactly.

I honestly can't believe they still left out Pikachu, even when A MAN IN CASTELIA CITY HAS ONE.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on June 27, 2012, 01:30:31 PM
At this point I'd like to say that the new Unova regional Pokedex is the most horribly ordered Regional Dex in the entire franchise.

Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus are #198-200, and the first three Muskateers are #225-228. In between and following are tons of regular Pokemon. (Like Jigglypuff)

Pseudo-Legendaries have traditionally appeared directly before the legendaries (Except for Gen IV). That's still the case, but it's not Hydreigon.
[spoiler]It's Tyranitar.[/spoiler]

If you take out all the Gen I-IV Pokemon, even the Unova pokemon are all out of order. Larvesta is near the beginning of the dex, and Throh and Sawk are near the end.

I understand that it MAY reflect the new path you take through Unova, and this isn't normally something to get mad about... but it's just a giant mess.

This is also the first Regional Dex that includes Pokemon from earlier gens... but not Geodude or even Pikachu. R.I.P childhood
To be fair, previous regions had different places for their native Pokemon on the Dex if there were old ones mixed up with the rest.

Kayo

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on June 27, 2012, 05:53:22 PM
To be fair, previous regions had different places for their native Pokemon on the Dex if there were old ones mixed up with the rest.
I think that only happened in Gen II.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on June 27, 2012, 06:32:31 PM
I think that only happened in Gen II.
Gen III and Gen IV received that treatment as well.

But who cares, really? Whatever number they get in the regional dex, it'll be fixed with the National Dex, anyway.

Kayo

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on June 27, 2012, 06:48:40 PM
Gen III and Gen IV received that treatment as well.

But who cares, really? Whatever number they get in the regional dex, it'll be fixed with the National Dex, anyway.
Gen III didn't at all, every single Pokemon was in the exact same order. The only difference in Gen IV is that (in Platinum), Uxie, Dialga and co. were moved in front of the new evos. Other than that, same order.
[move][/move]

Neerb

OFFICIAL NORTH AMERICAN RELEASE DATE:

Sunday, October 7th, 2012.

Also, "Dream Radar," the downloadable 3DS game similar to Face Raiders, will be available on the eShop the same day. The Dream Radar lets you catch several Pokemon with their Dream World abilities and send them straight to your B/W 2 game, including the Sacred Beast forms of the genie trio and all five 4th gen cover legendaries, based on which is currently inserted into the 3DS (put Diamond in to catch DW Dialga, put HeartGold in to catch DW Ho-oh, etc.).

Edit: Just a random cool thing: in B/W 2, there are certain places you can find certain Pokemon with their DW abilities. One particularly nice-sounding one is in Professor Fennel's new lab in Castelia, where an employee will give you a DW Eevee.

Kayo

Quote from: Trevelyan on June 28, 2012, 10:49:03 AM
OFFICIAL NORTH AMERICAN RELEASE DATE:

Sunday, October 7th, 2012.

Also, "Dream Radar," the downloadable 3DS game similar to Face Raiders, will be available on the eShop the same day. The Dream Radar lets you catch several Pokemon with their Dream World abilities and send them straight to your B/W 2 game, including the Sacred Beast forms of the genie trio and all five 4th gen cover legendaries, based on which is currently inserted into the 3DS (put Diamond in to catch DW Dialga, put HeartGold in to catch DW Ho-oh, etc.).

Edit: Just a random cool thing: in B/W 2, there are certain places you can find certain Pokemon with their DW abilities. One particularly nice-sounding one is in Professor Fennel's new lab in Castelia, where an employee will give you a DW Eevee.
Awesome date, I was hoping it would be before the holiday season.

Also, on that last note. I heard you can catch a DW Minccino somwehere.
Cinccino's DW ability is Skill Link. It learns all the good (25 BP) multi-hit moves like Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, and Sweep Slap. Which will all do 125 damage. And then you take into account Cinccino's base 115 Speed.

Cinccino just became good.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Oh, and there's a rumor that you can get a Ditto with its Imposter ability in-game as well.

Well, how lucky we got a free Arceus!

Kayo

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on June 28, 2012, 02:46:22 PM
Oh, and there's a rumor that you can get a Ditto with its Imposter ability in-game as well.

Well, how lucky we got a free Arceus!
On that last part: wait what
[move][/move]

The Riddler

i'm not sure where but i remember reading

you can now change Black City/White Forest in your own game. you have access to both.

The Riddler

"A new feature added within Black 2 & White 2 is the ability to switch between the different areas. To do this, you need to gain the special keys from a friend with the other game. Earning these keys are relatively simple. Once you have beaten Area 5 of the Black Skyscraper or White Tree Hollow, you will be congratulated and given the key to Black City or White Forest. There, you can send it over to other games using the Unova Link feature"

The Riddler

Castelia City - Royal Unova

In Castelia City, after you have defeated the Elite Four, you will now have access to the special ferry; the Royal Unova on the Cruise Dock. Each evening, you can go on the Royal Unova and battle the various trainers on the boat. After defeating the trainers, you will receive an item based upon your success

Castelia City - GameFreak Battles

After defeating the game, you will be able to battle various people within GameFreak. These trainers have got solid, strong teams that can cause some serious damage and are among the highest levelled in the game. They can rebattled daily

The Riddler

For anyone excited about hard mode

Features:
Challenge Mode is essentially the "Hard" setting of the game. Within the Challenge Mode, the levels of Trainer's Pokémon will be higher, starting at one level higher and reaching 5 levels higher at the end. In addition to that, the AI of the opponents will be higher.

In addition to this, the Gym Leaders and Elite Four will have an extra Pokémon within their squads, and their other Pokémon shall have different movesets and hold items.

It's only harder by 1-5 levels.

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on June 28, 2012, 05:58:32 PM
For anyone excited about hard mode

Features:
Challenge Mode is essentially the "Hard" setting of the game. Within the Challenge Mode, the levels of Trainer's Pokémon will be higher, starting at one level higher and reaching 5 levels higher at the end. In addition to that, the AI of the opponents will be higher.

In addition to this, the Gym Leaders and Elite Four will have an extra Pokémon within their squads, and their other Pokémon shall have different movesets and hold items.

It's only harder by 1-5 levels.
And you have to what, start a new file after beating the game to do that? Not worth it, I don't think.

But I like the Black City/White Forest thing.
[move][/move]

Neerb

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/02/special-prize-announced-for-pokemon-world-championship

So, the World Tournament isn't just the best trainers from the Pokemon world... it's the best trainers from the REAL world too. At the Pokemon World Championship this year, several of the top competitors will be chosen to have trainer sprites based on them and exact copies of their teams available on Nintendo Wi-fi so that you can face them in B/W 2's World Tournament.