News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

This place needs a makeover.

Started by Silverhawk79, September 30, 2018, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Quote from: JrDude on October 08, 2018, 11:07:58 PMMaybe if someone becomes a good YouTuber, they could just advertise there.
I know Nayrman does/did fairly well.
What's our adverting goal through that channel?

Quote from: Super on October 08, 2018, 11:11:02 PMYou're going to get smartass replies if you simply ignore the answer I already provided.
Except I didn't. Not everyone likes Discord, and we may very well be leaving stone unturned by ignoring IRC. There's a time and a place for poopposting, but this thread isn't it, so spare us the crap.
[move][/move]

JrDude

or we can bring back old fads, or succumb to current memes.

Quote from: Max Headroom on October 09, 2018, 12:14:04 AMWhat's our adverting goal through that channel?
I'm not sure I understand the question.
Wouldn't our advertising goal to get more people to join NSFCD?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Max Headroom

Quote from: JrDude on October 09, 2018, 02:47:15 AMor we can bring back old fads, or succumb to current memes.
Where do you think the old posters went? There's no harm in trying the meme, but how do we make it work for us?

Quote from: JrDude on October 09, 2018, 02:47:15 AMI'm not sure I understand the question.
Wouldn't our advertising goal to get more people to join NSFCD?
In general, but who's the target audience? People who used to post/lurk on NSider, or just gamers? What of those who used to be active here, and how does Youtube advertising fit into that? In other words, what would be using Youtube for?
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Max Headroom on October 09, 2018, 04:22:00 AMWhere do you think the old posters went? There's no harm in trying the meme, but how do we make it work for us?
When memes are trending, people search for it. If we're talking about it enough, our results eventually show on Google.

Quote from: Max Headroom on October 09, 2018, 04:22:00 AMIn general, but who's the target audience? People who used to post/lurk on NSider, or just gamers? What of those who used to be active here, and how does Youtube advertising fit into that? In other words, what would be using Youtube for?
I'd say gamers in general.
But it could easily be a gaming channel, like Let's Plays. Maybe a discussion/podcast.
Making Silver a Meme could be cool. How he always breaks things.
Sometimes we need to try a bunch of things, see what sticks, and stick to it.
At the end of videos, link or at least mention the forum, NSFCD.
I used to make gaming videos, though not for too long of a period of time, but if we did that, I could help.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Super

Quote from: Max Headroom on October 09, 2018, 12:14:04 AMWhat's our adverting goal through that channel?
Except I didn't. Not everyone likes Discord, and we may very well be leaving stone unturned by ignoring IRC. There's a time and a place for poopposting, but this thread isn't it, so spare us the crap.
You can still use the IRC channel if you wish (although it's 99.9% dead now). It's #flatline on Chatspike. Discord isn't the best thing ever, but it's convenient and free, and a lot of the IRC-goers were fine migrating to it. Saves us from setting up bouncers and whatnot to keep access on multiple devices hassle-free.

I apologize for being a dick.

Max Headroom

Quote from: JrDude on October 09, 2018, 05:47:41 PMWhen memes are trending, people search for it. If we're talking about it enough, our results eventually show on Google.
I see where you're coming from, but we should be careful with that. Really, the best memes come from within the community.

Quote from: JrDude on October 09, 2018, 05:47:41 PMI'd say gamers in general.
But it could easily be a gaming channel, like Let's Plays. Maybe a discussion/podcast.
We should look into what the Vinesauce people are doing. They have a forum and a Youtube channel, but it seems they only mention their forums in passing during streams.

Quote from: JrDude on October 09, 2018, 05:47:41 PMMaking Silver a Meme could be cool. How he always breaks things.
Sometimes we need to try a bunch of things, see what sticks, and stick to it.
At the end of videos, link or at least mention the forum, NSFCD.
I used to make gaming videos, though not for too long of a period of time, but if we did that, I could help.
We definitely need to spread the word if our main goal is to get new people, but we should think carefully about the things we try. Don't want to make us look too stupid (too soon).

Quote from: Super on October 10, 2018, 02:43:15 PMYou can still use the IRC channel if you wish (although it's 99.9% dead now). It's #flatline on Chatspike. Discord isn't the best thing ever, but it's convenient and free, and a lot of the IRC-goers were fine migrating to it. Saves us from setting up bouncers and whatnot to keep access on multiple devices hassle-free.
Works for me.
[move][/move]

Max Headroom

I found two NSFCD e-mails in my spam folder =/
[move][/move]