News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

I feel really depressed right now

Started by The Seventh, January 13, 2010, 04:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Seventh

Okay, NSFCD, some of you remember the stories about my grandmother's strokes.

Well, I think that, combined with her Alzheimers, has finally taken their toll...

Recently, as a certian someone may know *coughsilvercough* that my grandmother is currently in the hospital due to some... complications.  It turns out it has nothing to do with a bladder infection.  She has difficulty eating, because the strokes, combined with the alzheimers, has impacted her ability to eat or drink.

Here's where it gets really depressing...

Because she has, in the past, said she wouldn't like life support, and that her body is in good PHYSICAL (not mental) condition for how little she has intaken lately, she will not remain in the hospital.  Instead... she's being put in a... Hospice.  The last place you go... and once she goes there, she's not leaving... alive...she will slowly pass on... in the care of someone who'll be there for her 24/7... (good god this is difficult for me to write...)

So, yeah, I'm not as chipper as I usually am at the moment...  the fact that I have lived with my grandmother for most of my life and the good memories I have from living with her makes this VERY difficult for me...
meh

Kayo

Quote from: James Hetfield on January 13, 2010, 04:12:04 PM
Okay, NSFCD, some of you remember the stories about my grandmother's strokes.

Well, I think that, combined with her Alzheimers, has finally taken their toll...

Recently, as a certian someone may know *coughsilvercough* that my grandmother is currently in the hospital due to some... complications.  It turns out it has nothing to do with a bladder infection.  She has difficulty eating, because the strokes, combined with the alzheimers, has impacted her ability to eat or drink.

Here's where it gets really depressing...

Because she has, in the past, said she wouldn't like life support, and that her body is in good PHYSICAL (not mental) condition for how little she has intaken lately, she will not remain in the hospital.  Instead... she's being put in a... Hospice.  The last place you go... and once she goes there, she's not leaving... alive...she will slowly pass on... in the care of someone who'll be there for her 24/7... (good god this is difficult for me to write...)

So, yeah, I'm not as chipper as I usually am at the moment...  the fact that I have lived with my grandmother for most of my life and the good memories I have from living with her makes this VERY difficult for me...
Aww, that sounds quite depressing. :(

I can feel exactly where you are right now, and I even remember the first time you told us about your grandmother's stroke. That really sucks that this is the end... I am very close to my grandmother, actually I spent the first like 8 years of my life with her there 24/7, and if this happened to her, I don't know what I'd do...

I just hope this gets easier for you. :(
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]