News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

My school became a movie set.

Started by Kayo, November 04, 2010, 11:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

So for today and tomorrow, a bunch of movie producers, directors, and actors are in my school, "renting" out one wing to shoot high school scenes from some movie. I kid you not, this is a legitimate big screen movie production. Apparently the directors and such liked my school (it's a really poor school, but it LOOKS good due to all the money recently blown on new lockers, etc.) and decided to use it to film a movie. I don't know what it's called, what it's about, or who's starring in it, but when I find out I'll let you know.

I'm still wondering why MY school, of all schools in the country, was picked for this. But whatever.

So, have any of you guys' schools ever been used for something? Anything interesting? A set in a movie or TV show, a crime scene, or even Team Rocket Headquarters? Discuss.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Dog Food

The town next to me was used as the set for the horror film, Prom Night. I never actually went to see them in production, although I could have.

Also, that's pretty interesting. Keep me updated on the movie, and you should try and get some pictures, too.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

ThePowerOfOne

They always film movies around here. I guess 'cause it's a nice place, ocean and all.

Granted, most of them suck, but they did film Crossroads (or part of it, anyways) a few miles from my house. That movie sucked too, but, hey, Britney Spears was in it. Lindsay Lohan was also staying in a hotel my brother worked in a few years ago, don't know if she was filming a movie or not, though.

The movie Leatherheads, which I didn't really care for, was was partly filmed in my town a few years ago.
...̅̅̅

Nayrman

Zombieland was filmed about an hour away from where I live(d).

Living in Atlanta, stuff on my street get's filmed all the time. Some Martin Lawerence flick was filmed right outside a few weeks ago. Saw him walk by. Went into my apartment and didn't care.

DededeCloneChris

Uh-oh. Why did I suddenly get reminded of that planned Fairy Oddparents movie? Maybe your school is getting used for it...just maybe, I don't know. Most likely an obscure movie.

Magnum

>Lives in the middle of nowhere
>School sucks and hasn't been remodeled in years

=3

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Silverhawk79

Apparently...
Well, nope.
But I guess my city's downtown is being used in filming some Christian movie. Yawn.

Kayo

Updates.

The reason my school was chosen is because they wanted a "run-down high school." THANKS, BIG MOVIE COMPANY. I thought it was because the inside of my school looked nice after all the new lockers and rooms were put in 2-3 years ago. Not by Hollywood standards, I guess.

Also, Josh Peck (remember Drake & Josh?) was apparently in the building today (AND I MISSED IT FHG;HD) and I guess that means he'll be in the movie.

Also, a few of my friends are appearing in the movie as extras. I was going to, but I decided it wasn't worth it to sit there for 12 hours so we can film me for 3 seconds without pay.

Here's a picture of some sort of halloween scene. Notice how under all the decorations, it doesn't look run-down.

And some people filming or something

So yeah.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Are you sure it was Josh Peck and not Drake Bell? If it was Drake Bell, it could very well be the Fairly Odd Parents movie...

I used to live in New Braunfels, Texas, where at least two movies have been filmed. One was Spy Kids 3. Remember the water park at the very beginning? That's a water park in New Braunfels called "Schlitterbaun" (it's a very German-influenced city), to which I had season passes every summer. The other movie was Michael, an older movie starring John Travolta as Michael the Archangel. At one point in the movie they go to a very southern style restaurant/bar; in real life, that bar is in an older part of New Braunfels called Gruene (pronounced "green"). I can't remember what the restaurant is actually called, but I remember they had ridiculously huge burgers...

I also used to live in Columbia, South Carolina, where I once walked passed the filming of some Kevin Bacon movie that I never saw and don't remember the name of.

Java

My school was used as a set for some very low-budjet movie that never made it anywhere.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Kianglo on November 05, 2010, 12:12:53 PM
Updates.

The reason my school was chosen is because they wanted a "run-down high school." THANKS, BIG MOVIE COMPANY. I thought it was because the inside of my school looked nice after all the new lockers and rooms were put in 2-3 years ago. Not by Hollywood standards, I guess.

Also, Josh Peck (remember Drake & Josh?) was apparently in the building today (AND I MISSED IT FHG;HD) and I guess that means he'll be in the movie.

Also, a few of my friends are appearing in the movie as extras. I was going to, but I decided it wasn't worth it to sit there for 12 hours so we can film me for 3 seconds without pay.

Here's a picture of some sort of halloween scene. Notice how under all the decorations, it doesn't look run-down.

And some people filming or something

So yeah.
Nifty.

Kayo

Nah, I know for a fact it wasn't the Fairly OddParents movie. Something with Aiden Quinn aka Nat Wolff aka remember Naked brothers Band? No? Some show from 5 years ago that aired like one season but whatever.

So a sinking feeling tells me this could be just a low-budget Nickelodeon movie, but i'm not sure. It may not be.
[move][/move]

The Seventh

The Inception (think that was the film x.x) was filmed in Iowa...
meh

Shujinco2

Nah, no movies, as far as I know, in Wisconsin.

But we got quite a bit of movies based on our resident serial killers. Especially Ed Gien. (Psycho, Silence of the Lambs, Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

But nothing school related...