News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

3DS Discussion

Started by The Riddler, June 15, 2010, 09:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

First thing I noticed was the logo is the DS logo with a 3 added.

So much for "a new line of handhelds." I knew it was a new DS.

Neerb

It plays movies, it has 3D, it has an analogue control, it has motion sensing; it's a new console, dude.

But it's SO FREAKING SHINY... OMYGOSH IT'S KID FREAKING ICARUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotos

This better not be the only color.  If I had my way, it'd be like the GBA launch.  Three colors with a fourth one coming out soon after.

SkyMyl

Oh look, they just showed a red 3DS.

I'm kind of disappointed with the slide pad.

Magnum

That commercial they made was pretty awesome.

Also, Mario, Zelda, DK, and... Star Fox? Hm... Nintendo, are you hinting at something?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Magnum on June 15, 2010, 10:17:44 AM
That commercial they made was pretty awesome.

Also, Mario, Zelda, DK, and... Star Fox? Hm... Nintendo, are you hinting at something?
there was a maximum tomato there as well

Neerb

Quote from: SkyMyl on June 15, 2010, 10:06:53 AM
Oh look, they just showed a red 3DS.

I'm kind of disappointed with the slide pad.

I think it's a clever idea; I mean, they can't really fold a 3DS over a stick sticking out of the bottom half.

Tupin

It also has motion sensitive controls and a gyroscope. I think the analog stick is called a touch pad. Does that mean it's like a laptop's touch pad, no tactile feedback?

But yeah, hopefully they have other colors. Oh, and the games are the size of CompactFlash cards, it's a new system.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Graphics look like a PS1 basically, so much for Cube/PS2 that were rumored. Nintendo still doesn't care about graphics.
Kid Icarus still looks good though.

I was so freaking relieved when Iwata showed the slider. You never HAVE to have 3D, so it's not CRAMMED down our throats like everything else is. THANK YOU IWATA. (hot glues the slider at zero 3D)

Screw the motion controls, I hate motion controls. It's not gonna work on a handheld.

Also, thank god for an analog stick.

My only complaint is that we really didn't see anything besides Kid Icarus. You mean to tell me you got a Batman game, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, and an Assassin's Creed game being made, but don't SHOW anything? Ugh.

Relichris

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2010, 10:26:19 AM
My only complaint is that we really didn't see anything besides Kid Icarus. You mean to tell me you got a Batman game, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, and an Assassin's Creed game being made, but don't SHOW anything? Ugh.

I know.  I really want a Batman game.  And MGS?  Hell yeah.

X-3

Quote from: Detective Conan on June 15, 2010, 09:59:23 AM
First thing I noticed was the logo is the DS logo with a 3 added.

So much for "a new line of handhelds." I knew it was a new DS.

Gameboy Advance.

Colors seem to be bluish, reddish and black/bluish.

Graphics looked pretty nice in Kid Icarus, so I want to see how other games look.

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2010, 10:26:19 AM
Graphics look like a PS1 basically, so much for Cube/PS2 that were rumored. Nintendo still doesn't care about graphics.

Are you blind? That Kid Icarus game looks better than a intercourse ing Dreamcast game.

Nayrman

Quote from: Zero on June 15, 2010, 10:43:41 AM
Are you blind? That Kid Icarus game looks better than a intercourse ing Dreamcast game.
Did you not see the pixelation in the environments? Character models are nice, but it's not the Dreamcast quite yet.

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2010, 10:46:08 AM
Did you not see the pixelation in the environments? Character models are nice, but it's not the Dreamcast quite yet.

PSP games had pixelization too. You're going to get that on a handheld no matter what. Obviously seeing as the character models kick ass we see at least what its capable of.

Neerb

Throwing it on a higher def, giant TV might have added to the pixelation as well; it probably looks better in standard compressed form on the console itself.

As for the analogue, I'm fairly sure he called it a "slide pad" or something like that. What I imagine is a little square sticking up that can be slid around, allowing for analogue control but not actually being a stick.