News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

NO Fire bird starter, we already had that.
NO reptiles or amphibians of any kind; I'm freaking sick of having those in every single generation (heck, the very first gen was ALL reptiles).

My [final evo] suggestions:
Grass/Flying Peacock
Fire/Dark Tiger
Water/Poison Platypus

Kayo

Fire/Dark I'd be okay with, since I liked Houndoom a lot because of its typing and amount of badass. I also wouldn't mind a Grass/Psychic.

I do suggest that we stick to the whole single-type-until-evolution thing, since every Pokemon so far has done that except Bulbasaur, if I remember right.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Gee, we've also certainly have had a lot of mammal starters as well. Maybe not as much as reptile, but I don't see how that's a valid argument. And at least my idea was one mammal, one bird, and one reptile.

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on April 09, 2011, 07:40:06 PM
Gee, we've also certainly have had a lot of mammal starters as well. Maybe not as much as reptile, but I don't see how that's a valid argument. And at least my idea was one mammal, one bird, and one reptile.

Mammal starters: Typhlosion, Infernape, Emboar, Samurott
Reptile: Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Meganium, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Torterra, Serperior
Amphibians: Swampert
Birds: Blaziken, Empoleon

It's no comparison and a completely reasonable complaint; more than HALF of the 15 starters have been reptile, so I hardly think we need another one right now. It's just like how more than half of the Fire starters are part Fighting; it's time to move on to something else.

The Riddler

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Aside from what creatures they actually are, we should think about the balance between the three, no? Maybe I'm thinking too much.

Water/Poison seems to be general consensus. I really like this combination personally.
Nothing really seems balanced against this, though.

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 09, 2011, 09:02:41 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Aside from what creatures they actually are, we should think about the balance between the three, no? Maybe I'm thinking too much.

Water/Poison seems to be general consensus. I really like this combination personally.
Nothing really seems balanced against this, though.
Water/Poison means Grass doesn't beat it, and it in turn beats both other starters.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Chandelure on April 09, 2011, 10:32:49 PM
Water/Poison means Grass doesn't beat it, and it in turn beats both other starters.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Maybe we should work with the Dark/Psychic/Fighting idea.
Fire > Grass > Water > Fire
Dark > Psychic > Fighting > Dark

Fire/Dark
Grass/Psychic
Water/Fighting

But the Water/Poison Platypus still sounds awesome.

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 09, 2011, 10:49:09 PM
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Maybe we should work with the Dark/Psychic/Fighting idea.
Fire > Grass > Water > Fire
Dark > Psychic > Fighting > Dark

Fire/Dark
Grass/Psychic
Water/Fighting

But the Water/Poison Platypus still sounds awesome.
This could work even
[move][/move]

The Riddler

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Wanna try to figure out which would be the best balance from this chart?
Grass/Psychic is extraordinarily weak compared to the others.

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 09, 2011, 11:33:19 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Wanna try to figure out which would be the best balance from this chart?
Grass/Psychic is extraordinarily weak compared to the others.
Fire/Psychic
Grass/Fighting
Water/Dark
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Grass/Ghost (Bug and Poison damage gets reduced, and also provides immunity to Normal and Fighting)
Fire/Dark (Or visa versa with Water)
Water/Psychic (Or visa versa with Fire)

I want to be as unique as possible.
No starter has ever had Dual Ghost, Dark or Psychic before, and Grass is pretty much the only typing of the 3 that has never had Ghost at all.
But feel free to disagree. This was just an idea.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

If we get a poisonous frog, I want it to be redish in it's evos, even if it's a starter. I mean, for some reason, when I think of a poisonous frog, I think of those red frogs.

Also, WHO CARES what the weaknesses are? (Probably a lot of you). I just want cool looking Pokés and good ideas.

Another thing, Poison removes Water's weakness to Grass, but wouldn't Ice remove Fire's weakness to water? And Rock remove Grass' weakness to Fire?
I could be wrong (I don't 100% remember type advantages and disadvantages).
If I'm right, then we could go with that idea and use it for the starter's final evos.
[move][/move]
Dude .

JrDude

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 10, 2011, 01:27:26 AM
Grass/Ghost (Bug and Poison damage gets reduced, and also provides immunity to Normal and Fighting)
Fire/Dark (Or visa versa with Water)
Water/Psychic (Or visa versa with Fire)

I want to be as unique as possible.
No starter has ever had Dual Ghost, Dark or Psychic before, and Grass is pretty much the only typing of the 3 that has never had Ghost at all.
But feel free to disagree. This was just an idea.
They're starters, we don't need to be ultra unique and awesome. They CAN be, but we shouldn't be trying to make them the most epic, most resistant, most equal Pokémon of all time.
If they have x4 weakness to 5 things while another only has x2 weakness to 1 thing, Who cares?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

I have no idea what you're trying to say Jr but Ice is only resistant to itself. Ice takes neutral damage from Water.

Also, no Ghost type starters please. You'd automatically win every battle for a while because EVERYTHING has only Normal-type moves. If it only becomes Ghost in the final stage MAYBE, but not in the first or second.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Ok, since no one can come up with agreeable water/fire/grass starters, perhaps we should go with Psychic, Dark, and Fighting starters?