News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance

Started by Neerb, January 18, 2011, 03:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

The next game in the Kingdom Hearts series will be for the 3DS, complete with a title that is both Square Enix-level nonsense and early generation punny (note it has 3 D's, like how early DS titles had a D__ S___ and how early N64 games had a 64). The game takes place after Kingdom Hearts Coded and has you playing alternately as Sora and Riku as they try to earn their Mark of Mastery (official Keyblade Wielder status) by training under Yen Sid. Some old original worlds return, such as Traverse Town, but every single Disney world will be new, with the only currently known one being The Hunchback of Notre Dame (I question how they'll fit French Catholicism in a Disney/Square game...). The gameplay is the same command system from Birth By Sleep and Re:coded (although with awesome new features) and the game will be on the same level as 1, 2, and BBS in terms of story/scale. Also, the ending will lead directly into Kingdom Hearts III, which means this may be our very last game before III finally arrives.

Also, DO NOT PANIC ABOUT SORA AND RIKU LOOKING YOUNG IN THE TRAILER. Nomura (creator) has stated that this is just a concept trailer, and that Sora and Riku will actually be getting whole new outfits which are still in the development stage.

Magnum

Quote from: Sora on January 18, 2011, 03:30:49 PM
The next game in the Kingdom Hearts series will be for the 3DS, complete with a title that is both Square Enix-level nonsense and early generation punny (note it has 3 D's, like how early DS titles had a D__ S___ and how early N64 games had a 64). The game takes place after Kingdom Hearts Coded and has you playing alternately as Sora and Riku as they try to earn their Mark of Mastery (official Keyblade Wielder status) by training under Yen Sid. Some old original worlds return, such as Traverse Town, but every single Disney world will be new, with the only currently known one being The Hunchback of Notre Dame (I question how they'll fit French Catholicism in a Disney/Square game...). The gameplay is the same command system from Birth By Sleep and Re:coded (although with awesome new features) and the game will be on the same level as 1, 2, and BBS in terms of story/scale. Also, the ending will lead directly into Kingdom Hearts III, which means this may be our very last game before III finally arrives.

Also, DO NOT PANIC ABOUT SORA AND RIKU LOOKING YOUNG IN THE TRAILER. Nomura (creator) has stated that this is just a concept trailer, and that Sora and Riku will actually be getting whole new outfits which are still in the development stage.
Once again, I remember why I love Kingdom Hearts so much.

I'm pretty hyped and curious as to what the new Disney worlds will be. I'm REALLY hoping for a Black Cauldron world. That'd be badass.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Neerb

Quote from: Sin Jecht on January 18, 2011, 04:42:15 PM
Once again, I remember why I love Kingdom Hearts so much.

I'm pretty hyped and curious as to what the new Disney worlds will be. I'm REALLY hoping for a Black Cauldron world. That'd be badass.

That'd be AMAZING.

I feel like making wish lists... how about: Black Cauldron, Jungle Book (it almost made it into BBS, but they had to cut it out), Princess and the Frog (just because The Shadow Man would be an awesome fight), Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove (they can make it work... i hope), and Robin Hood.

Magnum

Quote from: Sora on January 18, 2011, 04:56:27 PM
That'd be AMAZING.

I feel like making wish lists... how about: Black Cauldron, Jungle Book (it almost made it into BBS, but they had to cut it out), Princess and the Frog (just because The Shadow Man would be an awesome fight), Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove (they can make it work... i hope), and Robin Hood.
I 100% agree with this.
Quick question though. Pixar, yes or no?

Neerb

Pixar is yes, but I'm not sure what chance it would have... I'd like Incredibles, Toy Story, and Monster's Inc. to show up at some point in the future, either Dream Drop Distance or III.

Magnum

Well if it's all new worlds, I don't see why not add them now.

dawnwolfNxhoj

Quote from: Sora on January 18, 2011, 04:56:27 PM
That'd be AMAZING.

i definetly agree with some of the worlds in this selection(still need to watch the full Princess and the Frog though^-^')
it's awsome that Hunchback is going to be in this game, but if Sora's going to have a new outfit in KKIII, does that mean the possibility of no more Drive Forms?
Quote from: Sin Jecht on January 18, 2011, 05:34:07 PM
I 100% agree with this.
Quick question though. Pixar, yes or no?
i'd  honestly say no, considering that most of all the disney worlds used up to this point have been animated movies, i think that bringing in a 3d world would be.... can't find the right word for it.

The Riddler

Quote from: dawnwolfnxhoj on January 18, 2011, 08:34:36 PM
i definetly agree with some of the worlds in this selection(still need to watch the full Princess and the Frog though^-^')
it's awsome that Hunchback is going to be in this game, but if Sora's going to have a new outfit in KKIII, does that mean the possibility of no more Drive Forms? i'd  honestly say no, considering that most of all the disney worlds used up to this point have been animated movies, i think that bringing in a 3d world would be.... can't find the right word for it.
...You do realize that even though they were all animated worlds originally, they were recreated in 3D for Kingdom Hearts... so basically your entire point makes no sense? Furthermore, Chicken Little may not have had a world, but he was a 3D character in KH. Not to mention Pirates of the Caribbean or Nightmare Before Christmas.

dawnwolfNxhoj

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on January 18, 2011, 08:46:21 PM
...You do realize that even though they were all animated worlds originally, they were recreated in 3D for Kingdom Hearts... so basically your entire point makes no sense? Furthermore, Chicken Little may not have had a world, but he was a 3D character in KH. Not to mention Pirates of the Caribbean or Nightmare Before Christmas.
whoops, i did forget about chicken little. Still, I said MOST of the worlds were animated originally.

Neerb

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on January 18, 2011, 08:46:21 PM

Don't forget Tron.

The Riddler

Quote from: Sora on January 18, 2011, 09:05:39 PM
Don't forget Tron.
And Tron.
Quote from: dawnwolfnxhoj on January 18, 2011, 08:58:37 PM
whoops, i did forget about chicken little. Still, I said MOST of the worlds were animated originally.
Basically the game wouldn't feel any different. The characters just would look how they usually do.

Magnum

I haven't been as happy about a video game since I found out Kingdom Hearts II had Tron in it. Seriously, I doubt they'll be able to reach that height unless they add The Black Cauldron.

Custom

you guys are fags and should have grown out of kingdom hearts by now
that's all i have to say

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

Quote from: Black Mage on January 19, 2011, 12:09:10 AM
you guys are fags and should have grown out of kingdom hearts by now
that's all i have to say

Did this series beat your daughter or something?

Custom

Quote from: Sora on January 19, 2011, 05:07:08 PM
Did this series beat your daughter or something?

no
it's just that it went downhill after kh1 and only morons continue to play it for a lame story
don't even tell me you like the repetitive gameplay or you like playing the same exact levels over and over 5000 times

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!