News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephilicious

Quote from: Kayo on May 23, 2012, 07:18:11 PM
"Oh, I didn't need to play this game. I've already played Pokemon."
This has never been my point either. I play and intercourse ing love the hell of of every new pokemon generation. because they bring something new to the table. something other than plot.

and yes every point i've made applies to the extra games every generation. that was the entire point of the argument. b/w2 are the extra third game this generation.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

The term "agree to disagree" comes to mind.

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on May 23, 2012, 06:46:41 PM
No, it's still your opinion. I don't think IV had any more plot than III. If anything, they were about even.

That may be my opinion too. Big whoop. But seriously, how do you think it had more plot?

Well, the villains in IV appear more often, their plan is both more complex and deeper in purpose, the professor is far more active in the plot, the rival is more heavily involved in the story rather than just showing up to see how you're doing, Platinum features the recurring character of Looker while Emerald's story lacks any unique (non-villain/league/rival/professor) really recurring characters, Barry goes through real character development while Wally just stops being sickly and learns to fight, etc.

All III has that IV doesn't plot-wise is meeting your father and having two teams instead of one, but that doesn't make the story any deeper than what IV has too offer.

Kayo

Quote from: Trevelyan on May 23, 2012, 07:42:17 PM
Well, the villains in IV appear more often, their plan is both more complex and deeper in purpose, the professor is far more active in the plot, the rival is more heavily involved in the story rather than just showing up to see how you're doing, Platinum features the recurring character of Looker while Emerald's story lacks any unique (non-villain/league/rival/professor) really recurring characters, Barry goes through real character development while Wally just stops being sickly and learns to fight, etc.

All III has that IV doesn't plot-wise is meeting your father and having two teams instead of one, but that doesn't make the story any deeper than what IV has too offer.
I disagree, I think the villians in III appear often enough, making appearances in Rustboro City, Rusturf Tunnel, Slateport City, Mt. Chimney, Meteor Falls, Weather Institute, Route 121, Lilycove City, Hideout, Mt. Pyre, and Seafloor Cavern. They were all over the place. Also, I didn't find Barry's character development to be any more "real" than Wally's.

Maybe they're evenly matched. Also, I'd like to point out that the plot in R/S wasn't identical in both games. I mean, they weren't way different, but D/P were LITERALLY identical, like I said, except for the name of the Pokemon you battle at Spear Pillar.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

Quote from: Kayo on May 23, 2012, 09:26:52 PM
Also, I'd like to point out that the plot in R/S wasn't identical in both games. I mean, they weren't way different, but D/P were LITERALLY identical, like I said, except for the name of the Pokemon you battle at Spear Pillar.

you're not supposed to play both games this is irrelevant
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on May 23, 2012, 10:06:57 PM
you're not supposed to play both games this is irrelevant
No, but there should at least be a greater difference between the two, I think.

Also
[spoiler=Landorus's alt form][/spoiler]

....It's so cute. D:
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Serebii has TONS of HUGE spoilers, including:

Who that new professor-looking guy is:
[spoiler]Achroma, who apparently has something to to with Plasma as you must fight him late in the game.[/spoiler]

The Champion:
[spoiler]Iris, White Version's old Dragon leader and the girl from the current anime[/spoiler]

The World Tournament:
[spoiler]It's where the Freezer Containers used to be, it's possibly part of the story, has the move relearner/deleter, grants Battle Points like the Subway[/spoiler]

Returning Plasma characters:
[spoiler]Ghetsis and the Shadow Triad can be fought, N may give you his Zorua and Siglyph[/spoiler]

Your Rival's default name:
[spoiler]Hugh[/spoiler]

and more!

Also... after you beat the game, you can replay it on Normal, Assist (easy), or Challenge (hard). DIFFICULTY SETTINGS, GUYS.

Kayo

Difficulty settings? In MY Pokemon? Well, completing it on Hard mode will certainly be fun.

Also, definitely changing my rival's name.

EDIT: Serebii says Move Tutors exist in B2W2, as I figured. Whoo!
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

This is a first for a Pokemon game to have difficulty settings. I think that seals the deal of my already sealed deal to buy the game.

Neerb

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on June 21, 2012, 10:34:38 AM
This is a first for a Pokemon game to have difficulty settings. I think that seals the deal of my already sealed deal to buy the game.

Congratulations, your seal has evolved into a dealgong.

Kayo

[move][/move]

zephilicious

stealth rock returns to prominence as a move tutor move

god darn gamefreak
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on June 21, 2012, 08:16:22 PM

god darn gamefreak
Who cares? There's a HARD MODE

[spoiler]Yes, I know "hard" will mean "almost not piss-easy.[/spoiler]

zephilicious

and in standard nintendo fashion its not unlocked until you beat the game.

what a wonderful way to milk extra playtime out of a series with no replay value whatsoever
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on June 21, 2012, 08:16:22 PM

god darn gamefreak

its like they're autistic

oh wait