News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on May 21, 2012, 05:45:06 PM
what is or is not plot is not an opinion

But what you value in it is. You don't value anything in Pokemon's plot, so they're all the same, while Kayo values things like the characters and the evil team's plot.

But either way, you're a very intelligent person. Too intelligent, in fact. Like all smart people, you have an enormous ego that blinds you to faults in your reasoning. You can't help it and you'll never admit it, but it's true.

zephilicious

that has not been his argument for the last couple of pages
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on May 21, 2012, 06:37:25 PM
that has not been his argument for the last couple of pages
What I've been saying is that Pokemon's Gens II-V have not been completely devoid of any plot whatsoever.

That's an observable fact; no matter how thickheaded you are, that's still a fact, not opinion. It fits even YOUR definition of "plot". Which, might I add, contradicted your entire point anyway.

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on May 21, 2012, 06:05:19 PM
But what you value in it is. You don't value anything in Pokemon's plot, so they're all the same, while Kayo values things like the characters and the evil team's plot.
Call me a fanboy if you want, but that's exactly what I do. And you know what? Having those values just makes the entire series so much more fun to play. You guys who are arguing about it not having a plot or some other bullpoop like that just suck the fun out of it. They're video games, people. They're supposed to be entertaining. Just shut up and enjoy them; Pokemon games have always been fun, and no matter how many new Pokemon, regions, or villainous teams they add, that's not gonna change.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Gen 1 had almost no plot, but the remakes did extend it a bit.

Gen 2 used some tools in the previous gen to extend the lack of plot, and now its plot is much better.

Gen 3 falls between the previous two gens, but the third version helped a little more.

Gen 4 started to pick things up, which were then developed further in its third version.

Gen 5 has more plot, and thus it will have even more in the sequels.

Kayo

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on May 22, 2012, 03:20:44 PM
Gen 1 had almost no plot, but the remakes did extend it a bit.
Besides the "Get badges/catchemall", that's about it.

QuoteGen 2 used some tools in the previous gen to extend the lack of plot, and now its plot is much better.
Kind of; I didn't feel a plot really caught on until Gen III.

QuoteGen 3 falls between the previous two gens, but the third version helped a little more.
Emerald had a better plot, but R/S were fine. It just makes so much more sense in Emerald, since you have both villainous teams going at each other and you, instead of one being on your side and NOT really seeking anything.

QuoteGen 4 started to pick things up, which were then developed further in its third version.
I think Gen IV was a step backward from Gen III in terms of plot.

QuoteGen 5 has more plot, and thus it will have even more in the sequels.
I disagree, it didn't really have much more plot than any of its predecessors. I do strongly feel that the sequel will add a whole lot.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on May 22, 2012, 04:46:49 PM
I think Gen IV was a step backward from Gen III in terms of plot.

I disagree, [Gen V] didn't really have much more plot than any of its predecessors. I do strongly feel that the sequel will add a whole lot.

lol wut

IV definitely had more of a plot than III; you're just too nostalgia'd over III.

And you have to be kidding if you think V didn't have more story than the previous games. The others didn't even come close.

zephilicious

Quote from: Kayo on May 22, 2012, 12:29:48 PM
What I've been saying is that Pokemon's Gens II-V have not been completely devoid of any plot whatsoever.

That's an observable fact; no matter how thickheaded you are, that's still a fact, not opinion. It fits even YOUR definition of "plot". Which, might I add, contradicted your entire point anyway.
nope thats never been my point. way to prove you're an idiot again.

but i'll reiterate again since helping idiots out makes me feel better about myself.

I've made exactly one point: PLOT IS NOT THE REASON TO PLAY POKEMON
I have supported said point with several claims:
1. every darn game has the same intercourse ing plot. therefore only the first one is worth playing for the plot.
2. the plot was never good in the first place
3. the are a intercourse ton of legitimate fun reasons to play new pokemon games that are not plot. (none of these things will change in b/w2, therefore games not worth playing etc)
~~ <3

JrDude

There is no more reason to play B2/W2 as there was a reason to play G/S.
Everything is the same as every other game, except the Pokémon you catch, the gym leaders, trainers, E4, and plot. But it is basically the same game.
If that's what you like, which is 99% of Pokémon playing people, then this game is fine, but if you don't like that, then you'll go back to playing your Red version as you have never gotten another since then since there's no point in your opinion.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: JrDude 益 on May 22, 2012, 10:21:35 PM
There is no more reason to play B2/W2 as there was a reason to play G/S.

uh no everyone wanted G/S because we were getting new Pokemon

its all any of us cared about as kids. G/S sold less than the originals anyway.

zephilicious

Gen 2 added 100 new pokemon, 2 new types, tons of new moves, breeding, hold items, special defense, etc.

all of the plot and exploration is a bonus. A reson to start playing perhaps, but not a reason to keep playing. That is what b/w2 lack.
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: Trevelyan on May 22, 2012, 05:37:56 PM
lol wut

IV definitely had more of a plot than III; you're just too nostalgia'd over III.

And you have to be kidding if you think V didn't have more story than the previous games. The others didn't even come close.
That's your opinion. I didn't think D/P was as good as it could have been in terms of plot, especially because the plots are absolutely IDENTICAL regardless of which game you're playing. Diamond and Pearl were identical except for the name of the Pokemon you caught at Spear Pillar.

I stand corrected about Gen V; my current opinion of it is different because it seems to have much less replay value than any of the past games (and for that reason I honestly haven't picked it up in months), but I do remember absolutely loving it as I played through it. It definitely felt a lot better pre-e4 than past games in terms of plot. So yeah, sorry about that.

Quote from: zephilicious on May 22, 2012, 08:09:43 PM
nope thats never been my point. way to prove you're an idiot again.

but i'll reiterate again since helping idiots out makes me feel better about myself.

I've made exactly one point: PLOT IS NOT THE REASON TO PLAY POKEMON
I have supported said point with several claims:
1. every darn game has the same intercourse ing plot. therefore only the first one is worth playing for the plot.
2. the plot was never good in the first place
3. the are a intercourse ton of legitimate fun reasons to play new pokemon games that are not plot. (none of these things will change in b/w2, therefore games not worth playing etc)
I'm disregarding everything you say that is just your opinion presented as fact. But let's take a look at your three "claims" here.
I agree with you on your "point", so I honestly don't see why you're attacking me for that, lol.
1. That's not even true, since Gens III-V (and somewhat II) added a new layer to the GET BADGES "plot". If all the games have "the same intercourse ing plot" than just playing any given one of the Gens would be worth it. Not just Gen I, even though you're riding its cock a whole lot.
2. I'm just laughing at your opinion here. That's right, I said opinion.
3. If you honestly believe that, that just proves to me and everyone else that you have not been paying attention to anything at all in the Pokemon world since 1998.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on May 23, 2012, 05:44:24 PM
That's your opinion. I didn't think D/P was as good as it could have been in terms of plot, especially because the plots are absolutely IDENTICAL regardless of which game you're playing. Diamond and Pearl were identical except for the name of the Pokemon you caught at Spear Pillar.

What? I'm not saying it had more plots, as in multiple stories, nor am I saying it had a better plot, which is where that "opinion" nonsense would come in; I'm saying plain and simple that if you compared Diamond to Ruby, Pearl to Sapphire, or Platinum to Emerald, there is more plot, a much greater sense of story, of characters and actions that devlop in a setting, in IV than there is in III. V>IV>III>II>I; they make the plot thicker every time. If IV isn't your favorite plot, good for you, but from a pure technical standpoint on fiction there is a closer semblance of a real modern video game story in IV than in III.

Kayo

Quote from: Trevelyan on May 23, 2012, 06:19:34 PM
What? I'm not saying it had more plots, as in multiple stories, nor am I saying it had a better plot, which is where that "opinion" nonsense would come in; I'm saying plain and simple that if you compared Diamond to Ruby, Pearl to Sapphire, or Platinum to Emerald, there is more plot, a much greater sense of story, of characters and actions that devlop in a setting, in IV than there is in III. V>IV>III>II>I; they make the plot thicker every time. If IV isn't your favorite plot, good for you, but from a pure technical standpoint on fiction there is a closer semblance of a real modern video game story in IV than in III.
No, it's still your opinion. I don't think IV had any more plot than III. If anything, they were about even.

That may be my opinion too. Big whoop. But seriously, how do you think it had more plot?
[move][/move]

zephilicious

Quote from: Kayo on May 23, 2012, 05:44:24 PM
I agree with you on your "point", so I honestly don't see why you're attacking me for that, lol.
1. That's not even true, since Gens III-V (and somewhat II) added a new layer to the GET BADGES "plot". If all the games have "the same intercourse ing plot" than just playing any given one of the Gens would be worth it. Not just Gen I, even though you're riding its cock a whole lot.
2. I'm just laughing at your opinion here. That's right, I said opinion.
3. If you honestly believe that, that just proves to me and everyone else that you have not been paying attention to anything at all in the Pokemon world since 1998.

you obviously dont agree because you havent come up with anything other than plot to justify your impending purchase

i am assuming we're all over 12 (a dangerous assumption to be sure) and played gen 1 first, obviously the same point can be made of any game, i should not have to spell that out.

and once again please tell me something that is not plot that is changing in b/w2. no one has been able to do so yet.
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on May 23, 2012, 07:00:26 PM
you obviously dont agree because you havent come up with anything other than plot to justify your impending purchase

i am assuming we're all over 12 (a dangerous assumption to be sure) and played gen 1 first, obviously the same point can be made of any game, i should not have to spell that out.
Red version was the first one I played, but the first game I finished was Crystal, and the first one I finished by myself was Sapphire. I then proceeded to play them all, well before Gen IV came out. I enjoyed every single one of them. None of them made me feel like "Oh, I didn't need to play this game. I've already played Pokemon."

Quoteand once again please tell me something that is not plot that is changing in b/w2. no one has been able to do so yet.
The starting town.

In all seriousness, I could go into all the stuff they've added when they made new games in the same generation that reused the newest region (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, etc.), but I don't feel like doing all that typing. The thing is, we usually don't start getting that info to closer to the japanese release. At this stage they give us new character designs and new Pokemon formes, and stuff of that nature. That's what we've gotten so far, too. But yeah, I did answer your "question."
[move][/move]