News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on May 13, 2012, 03:02:35 PM
We're getting basically half a new region and many parts of the old region are drastically changed on top of that, along with a mostly new set of gym leaders and a new plot with new characters, and yet you're still calling it the same game. Face it; you're hard to please.

If anything, this sort of direction is what they've been pushing for with past "expansion" iterations anyway.

It won't be the same game but it will definitely feel nearly the same. It still doesn't have enough added content to stand on its own. And that's fine, and can certainly change with more reveals.

As things stand now its still just Game Freak trying a little harder than they did with Platinum. I like this direction that they're going though, so maybe by Gen VI we'll see a "third" version that feels like an actual expansion.

The Riddler

I think you guys are forgetting something important.

This isn't an expansion, but it isn't the same game either.

It's a sequel. It's a direct sequel. We haven't gotten one of these before in Pokemon. It's the same setting with new characters, new plot, new features.

This will be incomparable to previous "third" games.

zephilicious

it's the same setting the same pokemon the same mechanics, 90% of the same plot with a handful of new features to make you think you're getting something bigger than you are.
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on May 13, 2012, 11:37:23 PM
I think you guys are forgetting something important.

This isn't an expansion, but it isn't the same game either.

It's a sequel. It's a direct sequel. We haven't gotten one of these before in Pokemon. It's the same setting with new characters, new plot, new features.

This will be incomparable to previous "third" games.

You would be 100% correct if the plot in B/W had some depth to it.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case.

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on May 14, 2012, 09:29:47 AM
it's the same setting the same pokemon the same mechanics, 90% of the same plot with a handful of new features to make you think you're getting something bigger than you are.
Same Pokemon? Uh, no. I think you missed when they said that the local dex will have what, 300 Pokemon this time? We'll see Unova Pokemon again, but what's your point? Gold and Silver had the Kanto Pokemon in them again, don't think anyone complained about that.

Because we're getting a bunch of other gen Pokemon in our local dex, we'll probably be playing through with different Pokemon. The new additions to the Unova dex will most likely be shuffled into the mix and become available from the beginning.

You can't expect the mechanics to change. The game has always played basically the same way.
Same plot? Yes and no, It's a SEQUEL. It's a continuation of the plot, which will probably be more elaborate than what we saw in B/W.

"Handful of new features", are you REALLY trying to make that argument? It's not like we've even SEEN everything the sequels have to offer.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on May 14, 2012, 09:29:47 AM

No. If you say that, then you have to say that all Pokemon games have 90% of the same plot, which kinda moots your point anyway.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on May 14, 2012, 02:28:48 PM
No. If you say that, then you have to say that all Pokemon games have 90% of the same plot, which kinda moots your point anyway.
He never had a point to begin with, bro.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

It's the truth though.

Collect Gym Badges. Become Champion. Catch them all.

zephilicious

yes i was specifically planning to say that if anyone tried to argue my point

plot has not been a reason to play pokemon since gen 1.
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on May 14, 2012, 08:36:31 PM
yes i was specifically planning to say that if anyone tried to argue my point

plot has not been a reason to play pokemon since gen 1.
Are you implying that Gen I had a plot and all the games since did not?
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on May 16, 2012, 07:11:14 PM

He didn't even remotely imply that. Now both of you stop whining and watch this:

zephilicious

Quote from: Kayo on May 16, 2012, 07:11:14 PM
do you ever think before you post
~~ <3

Zero

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Z on May 16, 2012, 07:38:47 PM
Cool video. Still hate pineapple head.
Speak for yourself. Japanese voices don't do Lucarios much good.