News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 23, 2012, 07:15:17 PM
It was severely limited in XD, and if I recall correctly, was half-assed in the sense that you weren't exploring anything. You got a beep on the Spot Monitor, left the area you were in, then clicked on the area(there were like what, three?), and the encounter was initiated. No exploration.

You can't tell me that left you satisfied.
I didn't play Col/XD to catch wild Pokemon. I don't give a poop.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

I cared. Mostly because I'd like to play a fully 3D Pokemon game that actually tries.

With some games I enjoy, I can look past their flaws. With both XD and Col it was as if I was getting cock-teased, so it makes it that much more difficult.

My last hope lies with Gen VI.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 23, 2012, 09:10:52 PM
I cared. Mostly because I'd like to play a fully 3D Pokemon game that actually tries.

With some games I enjoy, I can look past their flaws. With both XD and Col it was as if I was getting cock-teased, so it makes it that much more difficult.

My last hope lies with Gen VI.

I'm not so sure they'd really be willing to give the main-series games liberties like full 3D and 8-directional movement, but hey, you never know. BW came SO CLOSE to that with the semicircular outer street and central area of Castelia City, the looped ramps like on Skyarrow Bridge, and the changed camera angle on Tubeline Bridge. It seemed like they were trying to nudge more than "4 movement directions and a fixed camera" into the mix, but were too afraid (or more likely, limited by the system) to go farther than that.

But hey, Gen VI will be on the 3DS (as certainly as possible without blunt confirmation), which for the first time of all Nintendo handhelds, has an analog stick. You can't just have a system with an analog stick and stick with 4 directional movement. I think Gen VI will have 8 directions, which lends itself to being more 3D.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on April 24, 2012, 04:10:30 PM
you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about
^didn't read more than three words of my post
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on April 24, 2012, 04:51:10 PM
^didn't read more than three words of my post
"I'm not so"

So he thinks that you don't exist?

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 24, 2012, 06:01:16 PM
"I'm not so"

So he thinks that you don't exist?
Most likely, as he never has anything legitimate to say about my posts.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

or that part where you wrote a two paragraph reply without one accurate or logical statement
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on April 24, 2012, 06:49:29 PM
or that part where you wrote a two paragraph reply without one accurate or logical statement
>He thinks the 3DS isn't the first Nintendo handheld to have movement controls other than the D-pad!
[move][/move]

zephilicious

poop you font one

but the ds simulated it often enough with the touchscreen so its a technicality at best
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on April 24, 2012, 08:22:54 PM
poop you font one

but the ds simulated it often enough with the touchscreen so its a technicality at best
what the actual intercourse  are you even talking about
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

From Serebii yesterday:

QuoteJapanese variety show, Pokémon Smash, is currently airing and is showing some new footage from Black 2 & White 2 which showcases various uses of the Pokémon Keldeo within it. First it revealed that Keldeo is #298 in the Unova Pokédex, with the Pokémon summary screen having slight aesthetic changes to Black & White, and shows Sewaddle in an early route as well as Growlithe in a new route surrounded by various towers with bridges connecting between the raised platforms. A battle is shown against two Sunkern. Magby, Koffing and Magnemite were also showcased and ended with a wireless battle against a Ho-Oh. A video will be uploaded by our friends at Filb shortly. The pre-release screenshot page has been updated with these images in the meantime, click the image to go to the page

Zero

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 29, 2012, 03:49:34 AM
From Serebii yesterday:

The most surprising part for me is Keldeo actually being in the regional Pokedex. Apparently, it's NOT event-only? Will it be caught regularly in-game just like any other legendary?

Just for the record, Keldeo's home has been stated to be the Moor of Icirrus. Whether or not that's where it'll be if it's caught is unknown, there's a good chance.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Hey, remember when we got the Azure flute and got to go to the alternate dimension and catch Arceus! Oh wait...

I think we'll be getting Keldeo, Melodia or whatever, and Genesect in the same anti-climactic manner. Then again, we did get Regigigas and Shaymin properly, so I could be wrong.