News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 21, 2012, 01:30:06 PM
Probably, probably not about the 3D models.

Also, Nayrman, freaking add me back to your 3DS friend list already.

I keep forgetting to do so...

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on April 22, 2012, 07:50:25 PM
There would really be no excuse if they didn't. If they bumped Gen 6's graphics up to, say, the console games level (Battles like Col/XD even), I'd be happy. It would be a huge leap, and may take some time to get used to, but it would really be cool.

Most gen 1 & 2 Pokemon in the console battle games still use N64 models...

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 22, 2012, 08:05:34 PM
Except they want a game like Colosseum except having Gyms and everything.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 22, 2012, 08:05:34 PM
How is this relevant? They're making all new 3D models for the Pokedex, bro. They'd just use those.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on April 22, 2012, 09:57:02 PM
How is this relevant? They're making all new 3D models for the Pokedex, bro. They'd just use those.

Because he said the console games' level. Also, we don't know yet if they finally made new models for all of them.

zephilicious

I'm expecting something along the lines of the ds final fantasy remakes. full 3d with simple models and mostly fixed camera angles.

this is very doable and would look much better than the disgusting mess that is the console games
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on April 23, 2012, 11:06:18 AM
I'm expecting something along the lines of the ds final fantasy remakes. full 3d with simple models and mostly fixed camera angles.

this is very doable and would look much better than the disgusting mess that is the console games
The console games weren't a "disgusting mess"

Then again you don't know anything good when you see it.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

considering the opposite is true of you, that comment has no weight at all
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Zero

For the record, I enjoyed Pokemon Colosseum for what it was

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 23, 2012, 05:02:47 PM
For the record, I enjoyed Pokemon Colosseum for what it was
Same here. I really didn't find any major flaws with it. What people need to realize is that it's not a main-series game and doesn't try to be. The darker storyline is pretty awesome too, how you start the game different from any other Pokemon game, by blowing up a laboratory. And then you play through the game with possessed Pokemon who sometimes turn and attack you, the Trainer.

But I digress. Just had to let out a little squee-ing over Colosseum.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Also, let's get a larger image here.

Alright, down on the lower left we have a clearer shot of the new starting area, right? Right.

Hey, now check out the Desert route. See all the buildings lining the center of it? They're new.

Now locate the Village Bridge. Upper-rightmost bridge, it's brown. Look under the ice, above and to the right of it. It's a little bit of dark red color with blue in the middle. That's not the Pokemon League. It's something that wasn't in B/W. Just in case you didn't notice that. I didn't, at first.

So yeah, much of the region may be covered at first, but when it's revealed, there are new things. The area near Village Bridge may be just one of many new things. Also, look to the right of the Entralink, in the mountainside. I'd say that could be the Abundant Shrine, but there's a distinct cave up there that wasn't there before. It looks too far north to be anything we already have.

Discuss.
[move][/move]

Zero

As much as I like that game, there are lot of flaws with it.

Most notably is the fact that you know, you can't catch non-shadow Pokemon. It's as if the Orre region itself was designed to AVOID making a "full" 3D pokemon game. The story was bad and some of the character designs were stupid even by japanese standards. Hero was right earlier when he said a lot of the pokemon used Pokemon Stadium models, even if they WERE updated, they're the same poses and animations. Stadium had some really impressive models for its time, but they're just far too old to be using in a gamecube/wii game(Col, and Battle Revolution respectively).

The music is fantastic(some of my favorite Pokemon tunes are from that game) and the core gameplay is still same old Pokemon. It just could have been so much more.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 23, 2012, 06:14:03 PM
As much as I like that game, there are lot of flaws with it.

Most notably is the fact that you know, you can't catch non-shadow Pokemon. It's as if the Orre region itself was designed to AVOID making a "full" 3D pokemon game. The story was bad and some of the character designs were stupid even by japanese standards. Hero was right earlier when he said a lot of the pokemon used Pokemon Stadium models, even if they WERE updated, they're the same poses and animations. Stadium had some really impressive models for its time, but they're just far too old to be using in a gamecube/wii game(Col, and Battle Revolution respectively).

The music is fantastic(some of my favorite Pokemon tunes are from that game) and the core gameplay is still same old Pokemon. It just could have been so much more.

It seems like a setback at first, but I didn't really hate that idea. It strengthened the idea that you HAD to capture pokemon from other trainers and "save" them all. It stops being a problem after you purify one or two so that normal Pokemon make up the majority of your party.

And you could catch wild Pokemon in Orre, y'know. In XD. All that really wasn't in Orre in that regard is tall grass.
[move][/move]

Zero

It was severely limited in XD, and if I recall correctly, was half-assed in the sense that you weren't exploring anything. You got a beep on the Spot Monitor, left the area you were in, then clicked on the area(there were like what, three?), and the encounter was initiated. No exploration.

You can't tell me that left you satisfied.