News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 14, 2012, 08:16:40 AM
Specifically Serperior AKA Legendaries' Punching Bag.
Seems so. Mind you, I'm going to use my Eeveelution team as soon as I can get them, but I ALWAYS pick the fire starter anyway. So yeah.

Neerb

If there's a move tutor, which I'm sure there will be, PLEASE. GIVE. SAMUROTT. SOMETHING.

I freaking love the way he looks, and I did choose him in my Black version, but he's just so... meh. Serperior and Emboar can at least do something special, even if there are other Pokemon who are better at it, but Samurott's got a whole lotta nothing. They couldn't even make him part Rock or Ice, which would have been perfect for a sea lion.

Shell Smash would be totally awesome and very fitting, but if that's too much to ask, at least give him something else worth learning.

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 13, 2012, 10:42:53 PM
lolwut
I've been through many of those as a kid, that's not futuristic.
I've even heard of a slide you can slide on that goes through a shark tank and you can see through it. I think it's in Vegas, but I'm not sure the source I heard that from is even reliable.
Regardless, this isn't more futuristic at all yet.

And, are these sprites really Kyurem? I thought it was gonna be new versions of the 2 legendaries it LOOKS like.
Regardless of what Pokémon they are, will they be having a new type in that form? Like, Fire/Ice, or Electric/Ice?
Slowpoke much?

The sprites have been stated to be Kyurem since the games were announced, and it was confirmed about three weeks ago that they're retaining their Dragon/Ice typing. They're getting new signature moves though, like Icy fire or whatever they call them, that appears to blend ice with fire or electric. Not sure what they do in battle, though.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Mona

I chose Snivy last time so I'll probably go with something else. Probably Oshawott.

Kayo

I chose Snivy last time and it proved to be terribly useless as far as the storyline goes (having a disadvantage against the first, third, fourth, sixth, seventh, and eighth gyms is just so bad it seems like GameFreak wasn't even paying attention when they chose the gym types.) and I ended up finishing the game with a Samurott, since bluaki was nice enough to supply anyone who asked with Pokemon eggs at the start of our journeys~.

So yeah I might end up choosing Tepig. My least favorite of the three, but it's the only one I still haven't actually used in the story. And statistically, it's probably the most powerful. Plus, it's always been my style to go with the hard-hitting Fire type starters, so I might as well see where that leads me in Unova.

This of course means I'll probably not have a Chandelure on my team again, since I don't think having two fire-types will be very helpful. Decisions ;_;
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Oshawott's movepool is absolutely abysmal. Snivy's isn't much better. Tepig's line has a broader selection of moves, and a massive attack stat and as such they are really good in-game pokemon imo.

I dunno. May go with Snivy just for fun.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 16, 2012, 03:53:13 AM
Oshawott's movepool is absolutely abysmal. Snivy's isn't much better. Tepig's line has a broader selection of moves, and a massive attack stat and as such they are really good in-game pokemon imo.

I dunno. May go with Snivy just for fun.

Yeah, Tepig is the only one that is actually good in competitive battling. Snivy learns only Grass moves, and Oshawott learns.... Razor Shell.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on April 16, 2012, 01:09:01 PM
Yeah, Tepig is the only one that is actually good in competitive battling. Snivy learns only Grass moves, and Oshawott learns.... Razor Shell.

Serperior is a speedy dual screener, which is better than nothing, and Samurott's saving grace is Megahorn with enough stats to MAYBE pull off a Swords Dance before hand (hence my earlier rant of how sad he is); additionally, I'm pretty sure they're all in the same useless tier, which I guess is at least "balanced" compared to 4th gen's poor Torterra taking on two of the best starters ever. That said, Emboar has the best movepool and the health and power to use it, so he is better than his 5th gen brothers by at least a little bit.

I guess if I got Black 2, I'd get Emboar; it's different, I could have some fun 2-v-2 matches once he's as high as my Samurott, and I just don't care that much for Serperior (I only picked Samurott in spite of his stats/moves because he looks awesome).

Kayo

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 16, 2012, 04:51:12 PM
Serperior is a speedy dual screener, which is better than nothing, and Samurott's saving grace is Megahorn with enough stats to MAYBE pull off a Swords Dance before hand (hence my earlier rant of how sad he is); additionally, I'm pretty sure they're all in the same useless tier, which I guess is at least "balanced" compared to 4th gen's poor Torterra taking on two of the best starters ever. That said, Emboar has the best movepool and the health and power to use it, so he is better than his 5th gen brothers by at least a little bit.

I guess if I got Black 2, I'd get Emboar; it's different, I could have some fun 2-v-2 matches once he's as high as my Samurott, and I just don't care that much for Serperior (I only picked Samurott in spite of his stats/moves because he looks awesome).
Serperior is my favorite on appearance alone, but it really can't do much at all. It's a pretty terrible dual screener, too, because of its awful defensive typing. But in fact, all three of the starters are in the NU tier (I honestly can't intercourse ing believe Emboar isn't RU at least)

They should just let us use Gen III starters. I miss my Blaziken.

Also, tiny image but

Please, PLEASE don't intercourse ing tell me that little bit of stuff in the bottom left is all we get as far as new routes. That's not enough to make up for the loss of Icirrus, Opelucid, the Pokemon league, all of post-e4 Unova, and the entire area before the Skyarrow bridge.

I'm calling it, though. We'll get a bunch of extra routes to the West, and Anville Town will stop being isolated and instead connect via routes to the other new towns. It will expand, becoming a full-size town with a Pokemon Center and everything. It won't connect directly to Unova, but you can take the subway there to end up in Nimbasa city, where you have access to the rest of the old region.

Either that or the image is all we have, and it just opens up south of Driftveil City and the Cold Storage. But that really doesn't look like enough down there.

According to Serebii, the new starting town (which is nice and big with a Pokemon Center and everything -- YES.) will have a lookout point at the north where you can see the "mountains and routes ahead". That strongly implies that it's at the very bottom of that image there, and you're looking out over the new first few routes and seeing the mountains just west of Driftveil City.

But yeah, if we're completely unavailable to return to THAT MUCH of Unova.... I'm gonna be real mad. Maybe it thaws after you beat the E4? Then you can return to all those towns, and they'll probably be just a bit different. That would make logical sense to me.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Maybe when you get to a certain part in the story, the frozen parts thaw? The ice does look kinda tacked on there, like maybe it just falls off the map eventually.

Kayo

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 16, 2012, 05:51:53 PM
Maybe when you get to a certain part in the story, the frozen parts thaw? The ice does look kinda tacked on there, like maybe it just falls off the map eventually.
I certainly hope so. It would be really silly for it not to, since it's not like GF needed to do any extra work to bring those towns back to us.

It certainly seems like the last of it would be thawed after the climax, when you defeat/catch the colored Kyurem. But I wonder what will be back in the old starting town?
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

JrDude

Am I the only one who thinks that the frozen parts are obviously gonna thaw?
Kyurem is Ice Type. It's probably the cause of the freezing. Defeating it Plotwise should make it all thaw out eventually. Maybe even some of it get thawed during the story for game logic reasons.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 16, 2012, 11:52:39 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that the frozen parts are obviously gonna thaw?
Kyurem is Ice Type. It's probably the cause of the freezing. Defeating it Plotwise should make it all thaw out eventually. Maybe even some of it get thawed during the story for game logic reasons.

Yeah, this should be obvious to everyone.