News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 12, 2012, 07:42:39 AM
So he has big hair, so what? The girl trainer is is the weird one; not only is that hair completely ridiculous, but the skirt looks like a trash bag she pulled half-way over her tights; the yellow color doesn't even go well with the rest of her. Hilbert and Hilda looked way better than these two; also, these two look younger for some reason.

But man, dat rival, he looks awesome. He also doesn't look friendly OR evil, he just looks like a jerk, in which case this would be the first time we've had a rival like that since Blue. Oh man, I reeally hope he's a jerk. Also, notice that girl in the bottom left? Is SHE a rival? What if this time the rivals are actually split, so the guy trainer fights the guy rival and the girl trainer fights the girl rival? That would be cool.

The girl in the corner is a new gym leader. Posion-type. There's also a new water gym leader.

Neerb

Serebii shots:

I like the way the gym leaders look; Poison being a guitarist is pretty funny, and Water looks like he's Aqualad or something.

But WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH THE PROFESSOR'S HEAD?!?!

Hero_of_Darkness

Calling it now: the professor is evil and will use you to achieve his goal.

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 12, 2012, 07:40:17 AM
*shrug* Looks fine to me. Just play as the girl if it bothers you that much.

I'm not a girl. Unless I'm Bayonetta or Peach in SSBM, I don't really enjoy playing as one.

I don't see how anyone could think that he looks fine. I'm not the only one on the internet that agrees with this sentiment.

So he has big hair, so what? The girl trainer is is the weird one; not only is that hair completely ridiculous, but the skirt looks like a trash bag she pulled half-way over her tights; the yellow color doesn't even go well with the rest of her. Hilbert and Hilda looked way better than these two; also, these two look younger for some reason.

No, she's fine. Compared to past male trainers(especially B/W's, which was a major step up from D/P's), this one is just overwhelmingly bad. Big hair(lol anime) isn't even the problem. It's how its done in the first place.

I can't forgive bad hero design. It's who I'm playing as throughout the game and part of the RPG experience. Pokemon is a game series where its becoming more and more difficult to look past its flaws to begin with, so hopefully some more features for this game get announced before I completely lose interest.

EDIT: I just realized the male hero has TIGHTS underneath his shorts. His design just got even worse.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 12, 2012, 09:25:07 AM
Calling it now: the professor is evil and will use you to achieve his goal.
So he might turn out to be a Rowan type, though.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 12, 2012, 10:24:13 AM
I'm not a girl. Unless I'm Bayonetta or Peach in SSBM, I don't really enjoy playing as one.

I don't see how anyone could think that he looks fine. I'm not the only one on the internet that agrees with this sentiment.

No, she's fine. Compared to past male trainers(especially B/W's, which was a major step up from D/P's), this one is just overwhelmingly bad. Big hair(lol anime) isn't even the problem. It's how its done in the first place.

I can't forgive bad hero design. It's who I'm playing as throughout the game and part of the RPG experience. Pokemon is a game series where its becoming more and more difficult to look past its flaws to begin with, so hopefully some more features for this game get announced before I completely lose interest.

EDIT: I just realized the male hero has TIGHTS underneath his shorts. His design just got even worse.

Stop intercourse ing complaining, it's your opinion that you don't like him and not everyone agrees with you. Deal with it.

He's no Gold, but he doesn't look that bad.

But man, dat rival, he looks awesome. He also doesn't look friendly OR evil, he just looks like a jerk, in which case this would be the first time we've had a rival like that since Blue. Oh man, I reeally hope he's a jerk.
What if he's like the Dark Pit of the Pokemon universe? Squee. Can I play as the rival please?

Can I at least name him? I might have to name him after Pittoo. .-.

But yeah, I really love the new professor and gym leaders. It makes this feel totally different from Emerald/Platinum, and I'm really enjoying it so far.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

I guess the tights are kinda weird. It doesn't seem like a big deal, though. You'll never see it in game.

The Riddler

He does look a like a girl. I'd rather play as the Rival.

Nayrman

The trainers look stupid. Plain and simple. I just think their designs are just awful. Not exactly the worst, maybe, but still, ugh.

Yes, the professor looks evil. Narrow eyes with potentially scary shiny glasses? Yeah, looks evil.

The bigger pokedex from the start is a good idea. With the lack of certain types in fifth gen, especially until towards the end of the game, expanding the roster is probably a good idea. Also, obtainable wild Eevees. I am happy. Heh heh. XP

The biggest thing will probably be the plot, as we've already been in this region a lot, so they better wow me with the new things they could put in.

Finally, a poison gym leader? Probably the single least effective type in the game aside from bugs. Unless you choose the grass starter, should be a cake walk.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on April 12, 2012, 02:29:06 PM
Finally, a poison gym leader? Probably the single least effective type in the game aside from bugs. Unless you choose the grass starter, should be a cake walk.
Suddenly, Drapion.

The Riddler

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 12, 2012, 03:29:28 PM
Suddenly, Drapion.

Suddenly, always one exception to prove the rule. Scizor is awesome, but doesn't change the fact bug types are pretty much worthless overall. *shrugs*

The Riddler

Venipede/Scolipede and Foongus/Amoongus are the only poison types from Gen 5.

You can fully expect it to be one of those poopty first-two gyms that only carries two pokemon.

Since you start in a new area I'm sure the gym leaders are in a different order. As such I'm calling it: the poison gym is early.

Nayrman

Quote from: The Riddler on April 12, 2012, 04:05:51 PM
Venipede/Scolipede and Foongus/Amoongus are the only poison types from Gen 5.

You can fully expect it to be one of those poopty first-two gyms that only carries two pokemon.

Since you start in a new area I'm sure the gym leaders are in a different order. As such I'm calling it: the poison gym is early.

Well, you're starting out with a pokedex of about 300 or so, or so the scans say. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a previous gen pokemon in there as well, but yeah, it looks like it'd be fairly early along with the water person.

Flying Chickens

You know, I miss Red/Blue trainer design. I mean really, what was it? Jeans, shirt, baseball cap. That was it.