News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on April 04, 2012, 07:48:20 AM
The existing pokemon formula is not even close to something that can work as an MMO.

It'd be a complete disaster.

The current online fan mmos are terrible despite not being a decent representation of what Nintendo could put out.

Kayo

Quote from: Flying Chickens on April 03, 2012, 08:36:54 PM
What? I was talking about Black and White. Ruby and Sapphire were never in question.
I'm comparing B/W to R/S, which had a lot of crossing paths and town revisits. R/S has B/W beat in terms of stuff like that.

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 03, 2012, 07:39:31 PM
Zeph has already made it more than clear that his ideal Pokemon game would be a sandbox with no story at all. Or maybe an MMO.

Yeah, B/W had nothing left after beating Cynthia and the league a second time really.
I was kind of disappointed. I circled around the two or three extra routes and stuff, but after I've caught everything and battled everyone, there's nothing. In HGSS I could entertain myself with Voltorb Flip, or play in the Battle Frontier. The Battle Subway in B/W doesn't even keep records. Pointless.

Quote from: zephilicious on April 03, 2012, 09:47:56 PM
not entirely,

the point is that complaining that the game only forces you to go through each location once is only relevant if you only play through what the game forces on you (i.e. a tiny percentage of what pokemon offers)
And what else is there to do? Walk around in circles battling the same Wild Pokemon you already caught over and over again? There's really no point in going back to a route or town that never offers anything new.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

someone hasn't played an MMO before

If one were to be made, we would see quests, dungeons, professions, side-crap, mini-games, etc.

Legendaries would probably be uncatchable and would be bosses of sorts.

I won't lie, I'd check it out if it was a real thing, but I just don't see it happening and even if it ever did I have so many doubts about quality that well...ugh.

Lets move on.

zephilicious

The biggest problem is that pokemon doesn't lend itself well  to coop play and an entirely pvp mmo is a terrible idea.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Serebii was wrong again. We're might something next week, though. Serebii says that there will be a battle between Black Kyurem and White Kyurem shown next week, but I honestly don't trust him anymore. CoroCoro hits next week as well.

Zero

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Z on April 07, 2012, 07:26:18 PM
so they both exist at the same time huh

:/
It's a two-player battle.

Kayo

NEWS!

QuoteThe first images from CoroCoro have started to come. These images showcase the first screenshots of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 and provide a lot of information. First, the game is set in Unova and shows the new trainers and the rival. The game is set 2 years latr than in BW and features Unova being partially frozen. The Unova Pokédex has 300 Pokémon within it. There are various new areas in Unova including Hiougi City, where you begin your journey. There are other areas which has a gym leader who focuses upon Poison; Homika, who is also said to be in the anime this June. Another gym leader is Shizui, the Water-type leader. The trainer with the spiky hair is the rival and there is a new researcher called Akuroma who researches Pokémon Strength
Hiougi City has a Pokémon Centre and a Trainer School and areas where you can look upon the areas. There are shops, underwater tunnels with clear glass (mantines flowing overhead), building with blue and red statues all around Unova.
That's all the information these scans provide.
It has also been confirmed that Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock and that White Kyurem knows the move Ice Burn.
Within the new Unova Pokédex, which contains a combination of old and new Pokémon, Psyduck is #026, Riolu is #033 and Metagross is #254. We'll bring more should it come later

From CoroCoro, in a nutshell:

-B2/W2 will take place in Unova (NOT Hoenn)
-Unova has new areas added to it, including a new start town. I really predicted this and hoped for it, and it happened. So they're not just using Unova again, they're adding to it.
-The setting is 2 years after B/W (realistic) and Unova is partly frozen (from Kyurem, likely)
-There are at least 2 new gym leaders. Dunno if they're replacements or what. Also a new rival.
-Unova Pokedex is bumped from ~150 to 300. It features pokemon from Gens I-IV such as Riolu, Psyduck, and Metagross!

On the pokedex thing:

YES. SO MUCH YES. The three Pokemon confirmed to be in the local dex are pokemon you can catch in Unova already (albeit post-e4) so maybe the entire region will be accessible from the start, and Undella town, etc. can be reached before the E4? Anyone agree with me?

But I'm so happy about the huge local Pokedex. It's gonna be really hard to pix six Pokemon for a team, though. It kind of seems too big, almost. But then again G/S's local dex had about 250.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Finally, I can possibly have a cute little Riolu right at the start without having to go through the trouble of trading or getting one as an egg in the very last legs.

Also, two new Gym Leaders? I wonder if there are more replacements, and the unlucky two who got shafted over them.

Kayo

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 11, 2012, 09:51:39 PM
Finally, I can possibly have a cute little Riolu right at the start without having to go through the trouble of trading or getting one as an egg in the very last legs.

Also, two new Gym Leaders? I wonder if there are more replacements, and the unlucky two who got shafted over them.
Maybe not at the start, it might remain in the cave on Route 9...
...but you'll be able to enter the cave before beating the e4.

Someone needs to figure out how many older-gen Pokemon are available in Unova (without swarms). If that number's close to 150, then.... that's probably all there's gonna be. Just earlier access to the areas with older Pokemon. I'm not too confident they'll be mixed in with regular wild Pokemon everywhere... but Unova might change a lot after two years...
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Nice. I was wrong about a new region, but right that it's not "just" a third version! ^_^

Zero

No one is commenting on how intercourse ing ridiculous the Male trainer looks? Good god his head is the stupidest intercourse ing thing I've ever seen in a Pokemon game. Even stupider than Bidoof.

Hero_of_Darkness

*shrug* Looks fine to me. Just play as the girl if it bothers you that much.

Neerb

Quote from: Z on April 12, 2012, 06:54:23 AM
No one is commenting on how intercourse ing ridiculous the Male trainer looks? Good god his head is the stupidest intercourse ing thing I've ever seen in a Pokemon game. Even stupider than Bidoof.

So he has big hair, so what? The girl trainer is is the weird one; not only is that hair completely ridiculous, but the skirt looks like a trash bag she pulled half-way over her tights; the yellow color doesn't even go well with the rest of her. Hilbert and Hilda looked way better than these two; also, these two look younger for some reason.

But man, dat rival, he looks awesome. He also doesn't look friendly OR evil, he just looks like a jerk, in which case this would be the first time we've had a rival like that since Blue. Oh man, I reeally hope he's a jerk.