News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on March 15, 2012, 10:28:06 PM
A camera, for one. Black and White have video chat if you use a DSi or 3DS... although, as far as I know, it's in IR mode, which means you'd be in the same room as the person anyway.
Yes, the camera is the enhancement.

I'm pretty sure it uses regular wireless. I'll check that now.

EDIT: Yeah, it's just wireless. It can also be done over WiFi using the Global Terminal in a Pokemon Center.

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 16, 2012, 04:12:42 AM
Yeah, it's just wireless. It can also be done over WiFi using the Global Terminal in a Pokemon Center.

Alright, that makes more sense. I just remember using regular wireless with my friend and the two of thinking, "Well that was stupid."

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on March 16, 2012, 08:16:25 AM
Alright, that makes more sense. I just remember using regular wireless with my friend and the two of thinking, "Well that was stupid."
You got IR mixed up with wireless? Also, the DS has a decent wireless radio, so it would work from separate rooms.

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 16, 2012, 03:05:17 PM
You got IR mixed up with wireless?

I just remembered the one we tried wasn't over Wi-fi.

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 20, 2012, 05:45:11 PM
Hero.
Uh........

This is embarrassing. I was mistaken on the first point, and the second doesn't really stand on its own. lol.

Well, the second point is that Game Freak only has two teams, and the second team is more than likely working on gen 6, rather than remakes (especially since the team working on this game is the HGSS team).

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 20, 2012, 06:02:22 PM
Uh........

This is embarrassing. I was mistaken on the first point, and the second doesn't really stand on its own. lol.

Well, the second point is that Game Freak only has two teams, and the second team is more than likely working on gen 6, rather than remakes (especially since the team working on this game is the HGSS team).
B2/W2 will be done by the end of this year. I already kind of had the idea that R/S would be pushed onto Gen 6, which--given how early it's coming--SHOULD be on the 3DS. (This goes back to the Gen-V-being-shorter discussion.)

Whichever team isn't going the leadoff games for Gen VI will probably take up R/S. It makes perfect sense; they'll probably start it as soon as they're done with B2/W2, which, as I said, will be done this year.

This means we won't get any remakes for Gen V, so the remakes thing will skip a gen and it might not be until Gen VII (holy future) when we see D/P remakes.

But holy intercourse , D/P coming out seems way too recent.

But yeah, aside from going way off my intended subject, what I'm trying to say is this:

They have two teams: One is working on Gen VI, one on B2/W2. That's your argument. However, B2/W2 won't take longer than a few more months, so when they're done, that team will get started on R/S. Which will likely be pushed onto the speculated 3DS-based Gen VI, which is what I was hoping for anyway.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

I just don't know. I really can't believe that they talked about N going to another region just for that to end up going nowhere. They usually don't say specific things like that without purpose. Then there are all of the Hoenn hints in BW. Unless you're trying to imply that their plans changed at some point, it doesn't seem right.

Zero

I don't see why breaking the mold and going to Hoenn would be a bad idea anyway.

If that's the case, I'd rather play BW2 than a remake of R/S.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 21, 2012, 04:10:41 AM
I just don't know. I really can't believe that they talked about N going to another region just for that to end up going nowhere. They usually don't say specific things like that without purpose. Then there are all of the Hoenn hints in BW. Unless you're trying to imply that their plans changed at some point, it doesn't seem right.
Who said he was going to Hoenn? I still think they're gonna add on to Unova. Remember the Sevii Islands? They were considered a separate region, though they're basically connected to and only accessible via Kanto.

This could be something like that. The Mistralton airport, if used, could be used like the Seagallop ferries were in FRLG, by taking the player to a NEW region. Possibly America-based, maybe not near New York.

I totally said this before and you all ignored me. But seriously, there's more of a chance of there being a new small region (like the Sevii Islands) than BW2 taking place in Kanto.

In other words, this boxart is REALLY starting to grow on me.

I think I like it better than Black 2's now.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Possible. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Also, this is going to be the first generation without Kanto. O_o;

Zero

This just in: Firered/Leafgreen re-remakes announced.

Kayo

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on March 21, 2012, 04:31:25 PM
This just in: Firered/Leafgreen re-remakes announced.
Really wouldn't be surprised; continuing the pattern, it's time to remake 3rd gen games to get them up to speed.

But Red/Blue aren't any father than Gen III, so they need to catch up too.

Oh god, what will happen in 15 years? remaking 3-4 games per gen?
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

From Serebii

QuoteAmazon Japan has posted images of covers of two cases coming to Japan featuring Black Kyurem & White Kyurem. These cases confirm that the types retain Kyurem's Dragon/Ice type despite the massive changes. It also confirms the height and weight. Black Kyurem stands at 3.3m and 325kg while White Kyurem stands at 3.6m and 325kg. We'll bring more as it comes
Incidentally, there are unsubstantiated reports that Famitsu is hinting about a new Pokémon being revealed next week. Japan often states new forms to be new Pokémon so this could be the reveal in Smash tomorrow. As the reports are unsubstantiated, they may be wrong
Edit @ 09:57: Pokémon Smash has also announced it will be revealing a lot of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 information during its episode due to air on April 8th

Hero_of_Darkness

Adding to the previous post, we'll see the first gameplay of it on the 15th in Japan, which means the 14th in the US. Also remember that CoroCoro comes next week.