News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

QuoteThe first images and details for Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 are coming from various Japanese boards. We're still in the process of translating so please bear with us as we add information to this update. First we have images of the box arts and details confirming that this is not a different coloured game but has a whole new story and features. For larger images, click the thumbnails below

As if there was any doubt...

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 12, 2012, 03:50:54 AM
I posted that already. It's on the official site.

dat boxart
I want to get White 2 because then I'll have one each of Black and White

But Black Zekrom and Black 2's boxart looks so much better

;_;
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Same predicament as you Pennington. Probably go with White just so I can have the opposite I guess.

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on March 12, 2012, 05:09:29 PM
Same predicament as you Pennington. Probably go with White just so I can have the opposite I guess.
For me it may depend on whether the Kyurem forms are exclusive to their respective games as much as Deoxys's forms were in Gen III (i.e. it was not possible whatsoever to obtain a form other than the one assigned to your game)

If I can obtain Black Kyurem in White 2, if even through trading, I'll definitely be getting that version. If not, I may need to rethink.

I say this, but my Giratina (Platinum), Lugia (SoulSilver), and Reshiram (Black) are all sitting in the PC at the level I caught them at with no EXP at all. I'm not sure why I care so much about something I probably won't end up ever using anyway.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

I might get both for the first time since gen 3 lol.

Ugh, fall is going to murder me. These games, Wii U, GTA V, RE6... This darn hobby! D:

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 12, 2012, 05:59:11 PM

Ugh, fall is going to murder me. These games, Wii U, GTA V, RE6... This darn hobby! D:
I'm considering getting both as well. Only other instances where I have both games is with FR/LG... and FR was the only one I bought from the store myself. (LG was acquired much later)
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Only 1 for me. Events probably for the other. WiiU and a few things this fall, but we'll see.

zephilicious

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 12, 2012, 05:59:11 PM

there are convenient upsides to believing 99% of games are poop
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

They're DSi enhanced (obviously), but play on all DS and 3DS systems. On DSi and 3DS, they might be region locked, but they definitely won't be on DS Phat and DS Lite.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 15, 2012, 02:47:20 PM

They're DSi enhanced (obviously), but play on all DS and 3DS systems. On DSi and 3DS, they might be region locked, but they definitely won't be on DS Phat and DS Lite.
Seeing it closer like this is actually doing the White 2 boxart and White Kyurem some justice. This makes my decision a bit easier.

I wonder, though, if GameFreak is nice enough to make it 3DS-enhanced, or at LEAST allow the resolution to be flexible enough to conform to the 3DS screen without zooming in and getting all blurry. But I highly doubt it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Pennington on March 15, 2012, 06:11:19 PM
Seeing it closer like this is actually doing the White 2 boxart and White Kyurem some justice. This makes my decision a bit easier.

I wonder, though, if GameFreak is nice enough to make it 3DS-enhanced, or at LEAST allow the resolution to be flexible enough to conform to the 3DS screen without zooming in and getting all blurry. But I highly doubt it.
Are you buying the game that has the best boxart or the showcased Pokemon?

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 15, 2012, 06:11:19 PM

It's not a matter of being nice. The way that the 3DS handles DS emulation makes "3DS-enhanced" games impossible. Even though DS and 3DS games look the same on the outside, the cards are significantly different on the inside and they would basically have to somehow make a special emulator for these games and only these games, which would also require some type of 3DS firmware update that I'm not even certain can be done. And from there, the sprites would end up looking either too small or even more pixelated than they look on DS.

And before you point to DSi enhancement, the big difference here is that they still use the exact same physical cards as DS games and there's no emulation involved.

Neerb

As of this moment, IF I get them at all, I'm only planning on getting the sequel to mine, regardless of the legendary on the cover; I have Black 2. Again, IF I get one at all; I'm still not quite convinced that this will be that different from the usual 3rd version (even if the "plot" is new), and I've got several other games on my plate this year as is, not to mention a Wii U to save up for.

Kayo

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on March 15, 2012, 06:27:35 PM
Are you buying the game that has the best boxart or the showcased Pokemon?
I WANT to get White 2, and I'm hoping it has enough going for it that I won't feel like I made the worse choice when I do.

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 15, 2012, 09:10:12 PM
It's not a matter of being nice. The way that the 3DS handles DS emulation makes "3DS-enhanced" games impossible. Even though DS and 3DS games look the same on the outside, the cards are significantly different on the inside and they would basically have to somehow make a special emulator for these games and only these games, which would also require some type of 3DS firmware update that I'm not even certain can be done. And from there, the sprites would end up looking either too small or even more pixelated than they look on DS.

And before you point to DSi enhancement, the big difference here is that they still use the exact same physical cards as DS games and there's no emulation involved.
What could the "DSi enhancement" mean, then? What can the DSi add to the games?
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Pennington on March 15, 2012, 10:06:25 PM
What could the "DSi enhancement" mean, then? What can the DSi add to the games?

A camera, for one. Black and White have video chat if you use a DSi or 3DS... although, as far as I know, it's in IR mode, which means you'd be in the same room as the person anyway.