News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

What would you add/change in Pokemon Battle Revolution?

Started by bluaki, June 06, 2009, 10:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

Eh, I think plenty of people will agree that the game feels like it's missing something. And the new issue I've just encountered, having to make a new save file and lose access to all my previous unlockables just because of buying a second Pokemon DS game (Platinum), really is a big annoyance.

I'll just list some changes I would prefer for the game to have:
  • Free DLC, so that it can actually be updated for new games like Platinum.
  • Add Pokemon storage, like in the GCN game Pokemon Box: R&S. And actually organize it in normal boxes and allow any game (if it has a National Dex, or something) to withdraw any Pokemon.
  • In addition to that storage box, make a copy box so that some Pokemon can continue to be used in the DS game.
  • Instead of Syncing only one game to each Colosseum file, use the boxes above. Just remove the colosseum mode file selection itself; share all unlockables on the same Wii and use those trainer passes as the closest thing to a different save file.
  • Add more base trainer models. I'd rather not have to select between young kids, a muscle man, a really young girl, and 'cooltrainers'. Like, Lucas and Dawn, along with some older protagonists like Red or Gold, could be good additions as customizeable trainers.
  • An adventure mode would be nice. It'd bring too many changes to list here, though. It should at least actually have wild Pokemon.
  • At some point, unlock a rental Pokemon selection like that of both Stadium games. Perhaps after collecting three or so Rental Passes. Or maybe each rental Pokemon on the list is unlocked when you encounter it in battle.
  • When a game is Synced, also copy its item bag. And allow the game to manage Pokemon hold items.
  • If the DS games would support it, add a mode to show certain DS battles on the TV in 3D while playing the DS game normally.

Neerb

I'd rather pay $50 for Pokemon Stadium on VC than pay $10 for PBR.

Seriously, if they made an exact 4th gen replica of Stadium (aka make a freaking stadium 3), I would be more than happy.

jnfs2014

Better damage: One time, my Deoxys-A only did 60% damage with Psychic on a Bibarel.

NEW COSUMES: I can't say enough.

Tournament Adventure Mode: Kind of like Colosseum, but with no Shadow Pokemon but instead tournaments.

And many more!

Neerb

Quote from: JNFS2014 on June 06, 2009, 08:01:44 PM
Better damage: One time, my Deoxys-A only did 60% damage with Psychic on a Bibarel.

NEW COSUMES: I can't say enough.

Tournament Adventure Mode: Kind of like Colosseum, but with no Shadow Pokemon but instead tournaments.

And many more!

That would mean changing all games in general, not PBR.  There's a set equation for damage dealt that is used in all mainstream games and games that relate to them such as PBR.  There are any number of reasons as to why you got that much damage, such as your poor EV training, nature, or IVs, or the opponent's good EV training, nature, or IVs.

jnfs2014

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: JNFS2014 on June 06, 2009, 08:34:38 PM
I still think the damage in PBR is a bit off.
If you had been fighting and raising ranks in the stadiums, then the Bibarel you fought was one of those Pokémon who were well trained. That happens

HTA!

Doesn't the last one already exists?
Anyway, the reason you can't have the box system and copy system described above is because you could essentially clone your entire PC over and over.

bluaki

Quote from: HTA on June 07, 2009, 07:15:28 AM
Doesn't the last one already exists?
Anyway, the reason you can't have the box system and copy system described above is because you could essentially clone your entire PC over and over.
Nope, that's not the reason.

Without homebrew tools, the PBR save, among other Wii saves, can't be copied to the SD card.
Same goes for copying the Pokemon Box:R&S save from one GCN memory card to another.

Or, if you just misunderstood what I said, I said that it's two seperate boxes; one box can store Pokemon like Pokemon Box, while the other only copies them like PBR already does and cannot copy them back to the DS game. Except that, unlike PBR currently does, the latter lets you specifically select which Pokemon you want to copy and allows you to copy from more than one different game.