News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

The NSFCD Chatté

Started by Super, March 11, 2014, 04:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

Quote from: Kodiack on October 11, 2016, 04:54:01 AM
NSider2 is practically dead now. CrowdGather drove it into the ground and struggled to maintain even the most basic aspects of the site. The few of us remaining on staff decided to pack up and start another website. It's doing well enough, but it's still sad to see how fragmented the old community has become.
Holy poop. That's weird to think about.
YEAH

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Kodiack on October 11, 2016, 04:54:01 AM
I've never been terribly active here, but decided to swing by after Ret unknowingly threw me into a nostalgia trip.

NSider2 is practically dead now. CrowdGather drove it into the ground and struggled to maintain even the most basic aspects of the site. The few of us remaining on staff decided to pack up and start another website. It's doing well enough, but it's still sad to see how fragmented the old community has become.

Swinging by here as well as some of the other old NSider spinoff sites brings back such a rush of memories. So many memorable people, and such a crazy history. It's amusing to see just how much (or how little) some people have changed in this past near-decade.

Crazy to think that I was in middle school when I first joined NSider, and since then I've worked several jobs and I'm soon graduating with my second college/university-level degree. I attribute a large part of who I am to the NSider community and the smaller forums that spawned in its closure.

Keep on keepin' on, everyone.
I guess it's a good thing I never sold this place to any entity then, huh. LIKE A CERTAIN FORMER STAFF MEMBER

SkyMyl

Kodiack

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 17, 2016, 03:55:55 PM
I guess it's a good thing I never sold this place to any entity then, huh. LIKE A CERTAIN FORMER STAFF MEMBER

Never forget.

Super

EJRaven is the real hero here.

Kita

Wow I haven't posted here since 2008. Just got an email reminding me this place exists.

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

Matt

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 17, 2016, 03:55:55 PM

"Who is Snorkel" for 1000 please Silvertrebek79.

whatwewishfor

Quote from: Kita on October 18, 2016, 04:54:16 AM
Wow I haven't posted here since 2008. Just got an email reminding me this place exists.
yo
whatever

Super

It blows my mind this place still exists too, haha.

ArcaneArcanine

Same. Hell, I don't even remember making this username... I'm pretty darned sure I had used the one that I had for eLounge 9,000 years ago.

Kita

I used this user name very briefly on Nsider2 so it's really weird to see it again here ha

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

ArcaneArcanine

Quote from: Kita on October 19, 2016, 10:46:29 AM
I used this user name very briefly on Nsider2 so it's really weird to see it again here ha
Yeah, I get what you mean. Though if anyone saw my original NSider user name, I would probably just flat out deny it... Still, this username isn't too far off from the same level of "why".

PsychoYoshi

Someone could have written an epic poem about the fall of Nsider.

It had heroes, villains, political intrigue, everything.

And in the almost-decade since, I'm still the same bitter, cantankerous curmudgeon I was before. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Quote from: Kodiack on October 17, 2016, 10:36:03 PM
Never forget.

"

"In this moment, I am euphoric, not because of any phony Nsider's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence."

Super

You're iconic as intercourse , PY. Never change.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: IhsoyOhcysp on October 20, 2016, 04:24:54 AM
Someone could have written an epic poem about the fall of Nsider.

It had heroes, villains, political intrigue, everything.

And in the almost-decade since, I'm still the same bitter, cantankerous curmudgeon I was before. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
"

"In this moment, I am euphoric, not because of any phony Nsider's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence."
I think Mack is actually writing a book about it or something, I dunno but I think it'd be a good read.