News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

WHAT ARE YOUR GOTY GAMES

Started by Custom, December 27, 2012, 07:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

i'm trying not to include re-releases and ports but intercourse  pretty much nothing but HD COLLECTIONS, ____ HD, and ____ 3D came out this year

1. Rock Band Blitz
2. Persona 4: Golden (i played persona 4 on ps2 intercourse  off)
3. Crashmo
4. Xenoblade Chronicles (didn't finish it though)
5. Nintendoland I guess

this year was so lame for gaming

i wanted to play XCom, Hotline Miami, Skullgirls, Fez (except bleh phil fish), and Far Cry 3 but didn't get around to it
i liked Persona 4 Arena but didn't really get far in it

i played big games like Halo 4, Cod:BO2, and Borderlands 2 but thought they were meh at best and pretty poorly done for such big games (well, halo was alright but i'm pretty burnt out on halo at this point)

i spent most of the year playing old games i had never played like Earthbound which was pretty rad
i also revisited Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask which are both fantastic as well as Cave Story which is always fun

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Pokemon B2W2

Haters gonna hate.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

I haven't played several of the big games this year (like Xenoblade), so I can't think of too much to choose from, but I suppose out of what I did play...

Kid Icarus: Uprising. Insanely unappreciated, mind-blowing in scope, hilarious, thoroughly original, epic, tons of fun. It's the only game I've played this year to completely blow me away. It's a shame so many popular game sites are completely ignoring it on their GOTY lists; everyone completely forgot about it.

Flying Chickens

Fuck you there's HD Collection of Ratchet and Clank. That's better than anything else.
But I am also rather impressed with idk. I like Lego LotR.

Custom

Quote from: Delibird on December 27, 2012, 09:17:06 PM
I haven't played several of the big games this year (like Xenoblade), so I can't think of too much to choose from, but I suppose out of what I did play...

Kid Icarus: Uprising. Insanely unappreciated, mind-blowing in scope, hilarious, thoroughly original, epic, tons of fun. It's the only game I've played this year to completely blow me away. It's a shame so many popular game sites are completely ignoring it on their GOTY lists; everyone completely forgot about it.

i remember it i just remember how terrible the controls were and how poor a job nintendo did catering to left handed people on the release of the game because they wanted to stick to their bullpoop one analog stick scheme

Zero

Journey
Tales of Graces F
uhhh

yeah you're right i've mostly played HD collections and re-releases this year. 100%'d Ratchet and Clank 1-3 HD and am working on the Jak HD collection

Dishonored.

I actually haven't played many new games this year though.
...̅̅̅

DededeCloneChris

Kid Icarus: Uprising is a masterpiece among my collection.

Kayo

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on December 28, 2012, 08:20:45 AM
Kid Icarus: Uprising is a masterpiece among my collection.
It's definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Too many people didn't give it a chance because left-handed people couldn't stop whining about the controls. Honestly I don't see how it could be so difficult compared to basically every other game on the market for left-handed people.

But whatever. It had amazing story, amazing characters, great plot twists, great voice-acting, and all that. I don't get why it just passes under the radar of a bunch of big gaming sites.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on December 28, 2012, 05:14:06 PM
It's definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Too many people didn't give it a chance because left-handed people couldn't stop whining about the controls. Honestly I don't see how it could be so difficult compared to basically every other game on the market for left-handed people.

But whatever. It had amazing story, amazing characters, great plot twists, great voice-acting, and all that. I don't get why it just passes under the radar of a bunch of big gaming sites.

ground controls were poop and unforgivable no matter what preference
also there is only a analog stick on one side
it was fine on the ds because there wasn't a big difference between the dpad and buttons
this was the first 3ds title to do this because they stuck to a poopty control scheme

everything else was really well done though it's a shame they had to ruin it but not allowing complete customization of allt he controls WHAT A BUMMER

Tupin

They really should have made Uprising a Wii or Wii U game. Heck, they could have delayed it a month or two so it could have used that Circle Pad Pro thing and it would have been perfect.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

jnfs2014

Borderlands 2 was one of the better games this year, but it tried to hard with its "OLOL SEX" jokes for it to be a great game. 8/10

Halo 4 had decent value, but its shallowness in multiplayer and overall suckage of Spartan Ops made me honestly wonder if it was better than Halo Reach. 7/10

Mass Effect 3 was a good ending to the trilogy. I didn't particularly enjoy the multiplayer, but the story was nice and the endings were eventually somewhat fixed. 8/10

I loved FarCry 3 when it came out on PC and later got it on 360, and it is a really good game for the first 70% of it. That being said, the last 30% of it COMPLETELY wrecked the entire story for me and made the entire game unplayable. I recommend renting this game before buying. 8.5/10 and 3.5/10

Assassin's Creed 3/Dishonored: I don't play stealth games.

Journey/The Walking Dead: Haven't played much of either.

XCom/NFS Most Wanted/Torchlight II: Same for these too.

3DS Games/Wii U Games/[INSERT NOT MENTIONED GAME HERE]: Haven't played.

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on December 29, 2012, 01:02:11 AM
ground controls were poop and unforgivable no matter what preference
also there is only a analog stick on one side
it was fine on the ds because there wasn't a big difference between the dpad and buttons
this was the first 3ds title to do this because they stuck to a poopty control scheme

everything else was really well done though it's a shame they had to ruin it but not allowing complete customization of allt he controls WHAT A BUMMER
So you've played the game? Honestly I didn't really have too much of a problem with it. I guess the ground controls could have been better until you take aiming into account, which would have been next to impossible to do otherwise on such a system. I'm honestly not sure how else they could have done it.

It probably would have functioned better on the Wii, but since I'm the kind of guy who plays handheld games way more than console games (I can't always be in front of my TV, but I can take my 3DS almost everywhere) I honestly don't mind. I'm happy to have Kid Icarus as a 3DS game because, well, there aren't a whole lot of other 3DS titles out yet and I've gotten so much play time out of it when I've been on the go. I guess the excellence of the game is enough to overlook the controls--which weren't great but at the same time not exactly horrendous--in my opinion.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on December 29, 2012, 03:28:49 PM
So you've played the game? Honestly I didn't really have too much of a problem with it. I guess the ground controls could have been better until you take aiming into account, which would have been next to impossible to do otherwise on such a system. I'm honestly not sure how else they could have done it.

It probably would have functioned better on the Wii, but since I'm the kind of guy who plays handheld games way more than console games (I can't always be in front of my TV, but I can take my 3DS almost everywhere) I honestly don't mind. I'm happy to have Kid Icarus as a 3DS game because, well, there aren't a whole lot of other 3DS titles out yet and I've gotten so much play time out of it when I've been on the go. I guess the excellence of the game is enough to overlook the controls--which weren't great but at the same time not exactly horrendous--in my opinion.

yes i played it
i just don't understnad why they didn't make it control like you know, literally every other shooter on the market.
that's a format that works, when you get on the harder difficulties, the touch controls are poop and do not work
i didn't want to play through the game with the difficulty meter on 0, that's stupid
i got up to about mission 15 and stopped playing due to how frustrating the controls were, i never got used to them, i couldn't use the stand because i need cpp to play, and it just wasn't fun to play because of how terrible the controls are

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on December 29, 2012, 05:24:58 PM
yes i played it
i just don't understnad why they didn't make it control like you know, literally every other shooter on the market.
that's a format that works, when you get on the harder difficulties, the touch controls are poop and do not work
i didn't want to play through the game with the difficulty meter on 0, that's stupid
i got up to about mission 15 and stopped playing due to how frustrating the controls were, i never got used to them, i couldn't use the stand because i need cpp to play, and it just wasn't fun to play because of how terrible the controls are
Then tell me how you'd like the controls, because honestly I think the 3DS is just limited in that regard, because I can't see any better way they could have done it. And it seems like you can, so I'd like to hear it.

Don't blame the controls if you can't play on higher difficulties. I can do it just fine. I didn't use the stand either (It's still a cute little thing, I just didn't use it once for Uprising) and it was still fun as hell. You definitely missed the majority of the plot though by quitting 60% of the way through the game. A lot of crazy poop happens after chapter 15 or 16.
[move][/move]