UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

NSF.net Welcomes NS2 Members

Started by Macawmoses, October 27, 2007, 08:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

NOTICE: EVERYTHING PERTAINS TO THE INTRO BOARD, THIS WAS MOVED
EDIT: Snorkel does not matter anymore :(

I have noticed a lot of hostility on this board to members from NS2, as well as other forums. If a user comes here, it does not matter on where they were, and where they are. Please be respectful to these users, I am sure they will be respective to you.

Think about this for a minute:

Our forums are a little slow, but if NS2 members choose to come here as well, then there will be more activity. But, should we continue treating NS2 members like we have been, they will tell their friends to stay away. We don't want that, as word of mouth is the best way to get new members.

Snorkel says: I agree.

Now, this makes me feel like your mothers, but I have to say it! "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all!" This will be the model for the intro board, and if you have a problem with it you can deal with it with a higher up, or you can step up and challenge me. I want EVERYONE to enjoy this place, and a hearty welcome is the start.

Snorkel says: Yep

I want to explain a few things, as well. Many of you know that I am not fond of NS2, and in fact my main purpose there is covert advertisements. But if I manage to get a new member, and they are from NS2 you are going to drive them away! That is counterproductive, and not necessary.

Think of us as Neutral. There is a time and a place to "flame" other users, but this board and frankly, this forum is not the place!

Snorkel says: There's never a time to flame other users. :(

Actions against users will be a bit more steep for this offence. Delete and warning are step one. Step two is forwarding your case to a higher up, most notably Gamemaster1379. He will lead action from there ( as he has more abilities than I do ), but other ADMINS/KoH/Mods may be added into the mix to avoid unfair treatment.

Snorkel says: More like, disrespect toward NS2 users will be handled the same as it has been.

Questions on this? Pm me or post here.

Comments? I want to hear what you think of this new rule!

Snide remarks? Try me! Providing you don't flame users you and I will get along fine :D

Summary:
~No flaming on this board
~Be kind, show empathy
~ONE Warning and deletion, then I forward my case to a higher up
~You can post feedback etc.

~MoM~

PS. This is not the place to diss Computers, or Bob!

Transient Link

I dont like the rule too strict

~XI~

Macawmoses

Quote from: MARLUXIA on October 27, 2007, 08:47:16 PM
I dont like the rule too strict

~XI~

It is strict for a reason, I have been too lenient for too long.

Transient Link

If you call your old posts lenient I hate to see you strict

Macawmoses

Quote from: MARLUXIA on October 27, 2007, 08:57:12 PM

:D Trust me, I am more than fair on this board, but this has been discussed. I may relax this a little, but for now it isn't happening!

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Transient Link

Quote from: mackormoses on October 27, 2007, 08:58:33 PM
Quote from: MARLUXIA on October 27, 2007, 08:57:12 PM

:D Trust me, I am more than fair on this board, but this has been discussed. I may relax this a little, but for now it isn't happening!
well that is how I raised you.. :|

LightShock

This is a good thread, one change though.. when you say "If you dont think you should say something dont say anything at all" you said model, I think it's called "motto" is it not? just a small change.

on topic though, maybe this would be a good bulletin? for all users to be kind and appreciative to all new ns2 members that decide to join here. maybe talk to an admin about that. I would think it would suit perfectly :)

but all in all good thread mackeh. And keep up the good work ;)

Macawmoses

Quote from: LightShock on October 27, 2007, 09:05:58 PM
This is a good thread, one change though.. when you say "If you dont think you should say something dont say anything at all" you said model, I think it's called "motto" is it not? just a small change.

on topic though, maybe this would be a good bulletin? for all users to be kind and appreciative to all new ns2 members that decide to join here. maybe talk to an admin about that. I would think it would suit perfectly :)

Thx....actually it would be model in this case...not motto

1. It isn't a statement but rather how I plan on building this board
2. It works :P

Thanks a lot and GM and I plan on making it a bulletin ( i believe :| )

Marluxia: cosmetic change..pms ftw

Transient Link

You should be thanking me. If it wasnt for me Mack wouldnt be here today.

LightShock

Quote from: mackormoses on October 27, 2007, 09:07:39 PM

I guess I should get to know the little thing called "the dictionary" huh? :P

good, im glad your talking to gm about that. Perfect bulletin for users to see IMO :)

Kita

I thank you very much for posting this Mack.  Yet you know that was VERY bad to say what your real reason is for going there right?  I mean you know I'm the head admin :(

In any case, I would just like to say I don't think it's the members that just come from here that are the issue.  Many users from here go to other sites that tend to just have ill feelings toward Nsiders in general.  Now I'm here just to have fun ^_^

*holds up sign* I come in Peace ROFL.

But seriously, why all the hate?  I'm not here to make a peace pack or anything like that.  I just want to be at a place where I can be a "normal" member.  Now I would have registered earlier, but many have told me that when they come here all they feel is hate.  Now I'm feeling this 50/50.  Some of it is hate just of me in general and some of it is because I'm from N2.  Now the ones that don't hate are my friends and those that don't know me.

Fact of the matter is, if this is the vibe you give off then you push people away.  Now I'm not saying go around and hug everyone, that's my job ;), but I'm just asking that you at least try and be some what nice.  As Mack pointed out this place is slow and the only way it's going to get better is by either bringing in new members or at least being nice to the ones you have so they will come and be active.

Well that's my 2 cents. :P

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

Macawmoses

Quote from: LightShock on October 27, 2007, 09:08:56 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on October 27, 2007, 09:07:39 PM

I guess I should get to know the little thing called "the dictionary" huh? :P

good, im glad your talking to gm about that. Perfect bulletin for users to see IMO :)

If I am not mistaken GM and I will be spearheading this, at this board anyways!

Macawmoses

Quote from: Makoto on October 27, 2007, 09:09:47 PM
I thank you very much for posting this Mack.  Yet you know that was VERY bad to say what your real reason is for going there right?  I mean you know I'm the head admin :(

In any case, I would just like to say I don't think it's the members that just come from here that are the issue.  Many users from here go to other sites that tend to just have ill feelings toward Nsiders in general.  Now I'm here just to have fun ^_^

But seriously, why all the hate?  I'm not here to make a peace pack or anything like that.  I just want to be at a place where I can be a "normal" member.  Now I would have registered earlier, but many have told me that when they come here all they feel is hate.  Now I'm feeling this 50/50.  Some of it is hate just of me in general and some of it is because I'm from N2.  Now the ones that don't hate are my friends and those that don't know me.

Fact of the matter is, if this is the vibe you give off then you push people away.  Now I'm not saying go around and hug everyone, that's my job ;), but I'm just asking that you at least try and be some what nice.  As Mack pointed out this place is slow and the only way it's going to get better is by either bringing in new members or at least being nice to the ones you have so they will come and be active.

Your welcome AKEMI, and did I let that slip? Oops! Lawlz actually the market is another reason..I get banners for my projects here ( check out the Reviews workshop, artists index)

Let us try and listen, and be warm. Who cares about their background in this case...we aren't in the slave days!

Transient Link

Quote from: mackormoses on October 27, 2007, 09:12:16 PM
Quote from: Makoto on October 27, 2007, 09:09:47 PM

Your welcome AKEMI, and did I let that slip? Oops! Lawlz actually the market is another reason..I get banners for my projects here ( check out the Reviews workshop, artists index)

Let us try and listen, and be warm. Who cares about their background in this case...we aren't in the slave days!
Or are we?(just watched the matrix)