News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

DS Problem!? Anyone know?

Started by Chris8492, October 31, 2011, 04:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris8492

Ok, so you guys know the Northeastern storm that just recently occured? It hit where i am pretty hard and apparently there was lightning during the storm, far too bright and soundless to be a transformer blowing out. Not any ordinary lightning, but Saint Elmo's Fire, which is potentially the most powerful and rarest type of lightning.

My DSi was plugged into the wall and the first time it happened, the power flickered. I went to check it, it was fine. Second time it happens with the lightning, im outside getting the power generator to work just incase if we lost power, it happens again, except the power goes out as soon as it lights up the sky with a greenish blue color. a split second before it disappears, the power flares back on brightly, the lights flashed brightly in the house and then the power went back to normal when the lightning disappeared. I go back into check it, the DSi screens are brighter, barely enough to see the game screen. Does this have to do with the GUI?? idk what could have gotten harmed.

Doodle

I'd imagine it's some sort of result from the lightning. I would've unplugged it the first time it happened. :U
YEAH

Chris8492

But the first time it just looked like a transformer giving off light. Sometimes they do that during storms, there happens to be one right outside my house across the street. Second time i knew it was lightning in the snow storm, cuz i had a complete view of the transformer when i was outside and that didnt light up the second time, it was lightning. I know its from the lightning, no doubt about that, but idk what is wrong with it.

Kayo

Probably surged. Why on earth would you leave it plugged in in an electrical storm if it's as bad as you say? Sounds like a lack of common sense to me.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Chris8492

Dude, Snow storm with Lightning = VERY VERY VERY RARE.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Chris93 on October 31, 2011, 06:57:15 PM
Dude, even if that is very rare, you just know you have to unplug stuff ASAP.

Kayo

Quote from: Chris93 on October 31, 2011, 06:57:15 PM
You're not getting it. You SAW that it happened and checked your DSi and LUCKILY it was still working fine.

Now this is the moment where you SHOULD have unplugged it, just to be safe.
Instead, you left it plugged in.

Now, do you see your fatal error?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Super

This is where you stop relentlessly pointing out his mistake.

Zero

Chris8492

The GUI was overloaded now that i look at it

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Kayghost on October 31, 2011, 09:18:05 PM
You're not getting it. You SAW that it happened and checked your DSi and LUCKILY it was still working fine.

Now this is the moment where you SHOULD have unplugged it, just to be safe.
Instead, you left it plugged in.

Now, do you see your fatal error?
ITT: Kayo talks down to people again

Kayo

Quote from: Super on November 01, 2011, 07:21:50 AM
This is where you stop relentlessly pointing out his mistake.
No, that happens after he stops whining about a mistake he made on his own fault.

If that's the case, then /thread.
[move][/move]

Chris8492

Kayo: Bitching Bitching Bitching nag nag nag (talking down upon people)

Enough said.

Kayo

Quote from: Wyvern on November 01, 2011, 12:23:34 PM
Kayo: Bitching Bitching Bitching nag nag nag (talking down upon people)

Enough said.
Funny you mention that, when half the purpose of this forum these days is for people to talk down upon me.

Get used to it. Now you can lock this thread instead of whining even more.
[move][/move]

Chris8492

Then again. NO ONE likes it when you're talking down.