News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

You know what they could make that would sell?

Started by The Riddler, March 06, 2012, 01:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 14, 2012, 02:37:45 PM
Since we were talking about the in-game trainers, I just saw somebody playing, and a Claydol used Skill Swap on a Slaking...
Norman used that strategy when you had rematches with him in Emerald version. He'd pair one of his two or three Slakings with one of his normal-types who could use Skill Swap (usually Chansey or Spinda), swap abilities with Slaking, and then if you didn't kill it when it loafed around on the next turn from its new ability (How could you-- you had to focus on the now incredibly dangerous Slaking), it would then pass the ability onto one of your Pokemon.

Yeah, the AI is pretty sneaky.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 14, 2012, 03:05:07 PM
Norman used that strategy when you had rematches with him in Emerald version. He'd pair one of his two or three Slakings with one of his normal-types who could use Skill Swap (usually Chansey or Spinda), swap abilities with Slaking, and then if you didn't kill it when it loafed around on the next turn from its new ability (How could you-- you had to focus on the now incredibly dangerous Slaking), it would then pass the ability onto one of your Pokemon.

Yeah, the AI is pretty sneaky.
No, I mean it used Skill Swap on the player's Slaking. I'm dead serious. It was hilarious.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 14, 2012, 03:38:06 PM
No, I mean it used Skill Swap on the player's Slaking. I'm dead serious. It was hilarious.
Claydol has eight eyes, there's no reason for it to know what it's aiming at.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]