News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

DK Remake for GB

Started by Generalq, September 23, 2007, 11:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Generalq

I suppose I'll go ahead and break in this board...

Alright, my question is if anyone ever played the remake of the original Donkey Kong on the Game Boy, which I believe was called "Donkey Kong '93" or "Donkey Kong '95?"

It was a pretty challenging game, but was actually really fun. I've just never heard of anyone else having played it before.

If you've played it, post your biggest frustrations or fondest memories. If you haven't played it... well then post, anyway :D

Meltd0wn

I played it and it was fun, BUT It is no "remake".  The GBA just doesnt have the ability to port an "Arcade" game.

The Wii on the other hand does have the ability, but unfortunately Nintendo has only released the crappy NES version for it.  *sigh*

Donkey Kong (arcade) is my all time favorite video game, its what got Nintendo recognised outside of Japan even.  I really wish Nintendo would release a real remake on a console.

Ultra_Luigi

I haven't played it but I remember it very well when they were advertising it with the Super Gameboy. It was a SGB exclusive and the colors fit nicely. It most likely had that custom background as well.

I hope I'm talking about the right game.  :D

Mental_Block

It's Donkey Kong '94. ;)

I remember a friend of mine let me borrow it a really long time ago to help him get past a part he was stuck on, but I couldn't get past it either. Then, about 6 years later, I was in a game store looking for a GameBoy game to play with my Super GameBoy, (cause all my other GameBoy games were in a storage shed :-\) and ended up getting Donkey Kong '94. I beat it in like, a week. :D

It's really not all that hard though. I found Mario V.S. Donkey Kong to be much harder...