News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

NSF.net Welcomes NS2 Members

Started by Macawmoses, October 27, 2007, 08:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kita

Quote from: JMV290 on October 29, 2007, 01:00:15 AM
Now only if the administration there was mature enough to show us the same respect. :(

Well I do for my part :(

I yell at the others when they are not mature.  It does go in the reviews I do of the staff.  Yet I can't control everyone.  Just like how when I came and got bashed.  Mack was the one that helped me out here and made me feel welcomed.

I mean if we can't merge, which we know will NEVER happen, at least we can be civil :P

*gives everyone at NSF cookies* ^_^

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

gbwyoshi

Ive tried but for some stupid odd reason the thread is alas no more......I may advertise the truce in my sigs...but that is only if the Staff from NS2 co-operates....

Macawmoses

Nine 1 One

Nice post mack i have only been to the site once(saw the front page and left)

Shoot

Why not be nice to the nsider2 members? after all even most of the staff here are ns2 members ;)

gbwyoshi

Also don't attack WifiBA as the staff of NS2 help out there

Macawmoses

Quote from: gbwyoshi on November 25, 2007, 11:35:25 AM
Also don't attack WifiBA as the staff of NS2 help out there

That is not necessary. This thread was made during a time of mass migration...

EDIT: the rule, of course, still stands, but it was ESPECIALLY for that period of time

The Seventh

I completely agree.  I asked 2 of my friends there (Metroid board frequents) to come over here, and I don't want them flamed!

I think it's a good rule, as it'll keep hostilities down and peace among everyone, as that is what is needed.  I think if it wasn't this strict, we might end up like their forum, with curse words left and right, immaturity rampant (big reason why I came back), and so forth.  Good job, Mackormoses, and NSF.net ADMINS/MODS.
meh

Macawmoses

Nice edits, but there is a time and a place for "flaming" :P

When arguments just become unresolvable, sometimes, it is necessary. This is such a rare instance though, that I should not have mentioned it. For the most part though, it is still wrong :(

As for the "it will be handled the same way" maybe elsewhere, but not on the intro board :O It is absolutely untolerable for a flame war when someone is new and should be welcomed.

Thanks Snorkel!

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Shoot on November 25, 2007, 07:58:23 AM
Why not be nice to the nsider2 members? after all even most of the staff here are ns2 members ;)
Yes, but none of them are active.

When did we start doing this? Life has no meaning now :(

But yeah it was needed.             
...̅̅̅

LightShock

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on December 07, 2007, 12:26:42 AM
When did we start doing this? Life has no meaning now :(

But yeah it was needed.             
We started this when the mass flow of NS2 users started to come here, which was around mid-October.

yes it was needed.

Nintendude92

I read the first two pages of this discussion, forgive me.

Anyway, in reading this, I wondered, "Whats so bad about being from a different forum? Srsly, dats st00pid. /:" But, now, I sort've see it in a different way.

Back on the FIRST Nsider, the majority of the community was perfectly fine with eachother. (Except Cappy's, they don't fit in. xD) We were together as one.

It was an utter and complete outrage when the "apocalypse" occured, and I forgot how I found the board we migrated from to get here. It was great to see a bunch of my friends here, but days later, I see NS2 after we've migrated to this board. A few of my friends frequent that board instead.

The point I'm making is, we were split up. Everyone is infuriated with one another for choosing a different path because we are no longer one. And we all re-act differently. We lost members from migration, and NS2 has more. When a member who frequents that board arrives, there is a variety of reactions.

1. HAI! =D (Welcome)
2. GTFO. (Hate)
3. *No interest* (Indifferent)

If you want it to stop, don't tell us where your from. Were not interested. We are all from NSider, the original. And that is all we need to know, because it makes no difference..
I'm MarioBoy29. :o

Sig under construction, avatar to be updated. My sig is aincent.

Matt

I disagree horribly with this, would've posted earlier but didn't have anything to say. My opinion is that Ns2 is full of incompetent condescending a-holes for staff, this doesn't go for the whole staff, but just about all of them. Sorry if my opinion is harsh to anyone, but this is how i feel towards the issue of Ns2.

Macawmoses

Quote from: ChunkeyMunkey on December 23, 2007, 01:07:12 AM
I disagree horribly with this, would've posted earlier but didn't have anything to say. My opinion is that Ns2 is full of incompetent condescending a-holes for staff, this doesn't go for the whole staff, but just about all of them. Sorry if my opinion is harsh to anyone, but this is how i feel towards the issue of Ns2.
That has nothing to do with the general populace of NS2