News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Well, I need to get a job.

Started by Lotos, January 03, 2010, 12:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

My mom insists.  Ok, so I'm bad socially and want not a lot of human interaction.  I'm thinking to apply to these places:

CVS (very close to me, general store with a pharmacy, like Eckerd/Genovese/Rite Aid)

Waldbaums (grocery store, hoping to be in stock)

The town library (to be a person who puts the books back)

Borders (a few towns away, will be on my way to college next year)

Best Buy (hoping to be in stock)

Target (if I really must, a friend works there and it's the second closest to me on that list)

Toys R Us is also on the list, but I'm going to try to avoid them.  Even though my psych thinks I should work >_>

Oh, oh.
QuoteMy Girlfriend (2:47:31 PM): lol i can see you working there
D:

Mystic

Lotos

Quote from: Mystic on January 03, 2010, 12:53:37 PM
What's wrong with TRU?

I don't want to hear whining kids.

QuoteCustom (2:49:59 PM): If you work at Toys R Us you can get good deals on old systems they keep in the back. /v/ tells me about it.

This may make me change my mind.

Mystic

Just don't work at a Wal-Mart. It'll suck.

BOREDFOREVER

I worked at Target as a sales associate at night.  When the store closed, everything had to be zoned (perfect on the shelf).  If some retard intercourse ed up his area or didn't get every last detail we all had to stay.  I'd end up being there 'til one o'clock when I was supposed to get off at 11.  And I think they stopped it now, but we used to have to do "team huddles" were we had to get in a group in the middle of the store and stretch and poop like that.  God, I intercourse ing hated that job.

L10

I can't find any friggin' jobs, and you can' get anyone from school to help because they're trying to get a job themselves Dx

But now I can finally apply to gamestop

and as far as I know, working in the game department in Toys R Us here is the worst thing you could possibly do(hearing from a kid I I talked to in study hall last year....what an awesome study hall)
0o!f

Eizweir

Library sounds really easy, if boring.  Any idea on what any of them pay?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Titus Andronicus

recommended: dont work where you serve people directly. i worked at a grocery store and hated everyone who went through. quit and went to a shoe warehouse. i was called gay the entire time, but having to deal with the same coworkers everyday is easier than dealing with people you dont know whining at you for things you didnt do, cant fix, and get get anyone else to get ninnyed at for
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Spud

I've worked at a place like CVS before. I had to restock all food items. It's not bad if you don't mind tedious work. I got bored of doing the same thing every time I came in though...

Allegretto

Just puruse something you greatly enjoy. That's what I did and I have a fantastic well paying job.