News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

SATs

Started by Dog Food, May 02, 2010, 07:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

Took my SATs yesterday morning. I'm not used to only getting 25 minutes to write an essay. So, I didn't finish. I only got three paragraphs completed with two sentences of a conclusion I started to write when I heard there was only five minutes left. I probably failed that essay. Overall, I think I did good on the writing and reading portion (other than that darn essay). I did alright on the math. But I think I did horribly on my score. Only getting twenty minutes for each section was such a new concept that I didn't utilize my time well in the beginning. But I think I can improve when I take it again in October now that I know what it's all about.

Anyway, I don't think every school does SATs, just like not every school does CAPTs (at least I did amazing on those). So, talk about whatever test you have to take, your scores, or when you are taking them and everything else.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Java

I've taken both the SAT (twice) and the ACT (once).

My Composite ACT score was 27.
I'm taking it again in June because I'm not satisfied with that score.

My highest SAT score:
Reading: 700
Math: 640
Writing: 630
I'll be taking the SAT again in the beginning of the year.

I'll be taking the SAT IIs (Subject Tests) in June as well.
I'll probably take US History, Spanish, and possibly one more?

L10

I took the SAT yesterday too, I actually finished the essay with about 1 min left and I actually enjoyed writing my essay. Was yours on decisions too?

And I think I did pretty well on the test overall, at least on the math section. I probably answered too many of the English questions, but I managed to get through more questions this time than I did during the PSAT.

I also learned I don't know how to write a cursive "f" or any capital letters in cursive.
0o!f

Dog Food

Quote from: The Unstoppable on May 02, 2010, 04:16:07 PM
I took the SAT yesterday too, I actually finished the essay with about 1 min left and I actually enjoyed writing my essay. Was yours on decisions too?

And I think I did pretty well on the test overall, at least on the math section. I probably answered too many of the English questions, but I managed to get through more questions this time than I did during the PSAT.

I also learned I don't know how to write a cursive "f" or any capital letters in cursive.
Yeah! And I enjoyed writing it, but I drew out my points for too long. I spent too much time describing "The Pursuit of Happyness" and how it was the perfect example of small decisions affection life in big ways.

I think I skipped too many Math questions, but for Writing/Reading there were only a couple I was unsure about. I still answered them all, though. ...I don't even know what happens if you don't answer them. I figured it's counted as wrong and you lose points, like the AP tests.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

L10

You get points for correct answers and lose 1/4 point for wrong answers and nothing happens if you skip a question
0o!f

DSGamer3002

I took it for the third time yesterday and couldn't really tell how well I did. I wasn't prepared at all for the essay topic I got, and the stupid proctor didn't know how to read a clock so she gave us 20 minutes instead of 25 minutes for it. I tried to tell her but she wouldn't admit to it, so I wasted another 30 seconds to a minute trying to explain how to tell time. After that I was mad off from having to make a half-assed conclusion and bombed the first reading section, but thereafter I did pretty well. Kinda mad that they decided to make one of the math sections the "experimental" section this time around, since math is my strong suit.

Past two tests:

Reading: 600
Math: 690
Writing: 600

Reading: 570
Math: 690
Writing: 650

Hoping to get on this test:

Reading: 650
Math: 720+
Writing: 650+

Oh yeah, and I'm taking the SAT II subject tests next month. Math Level II and Physics. Should be interesting/fun/mind-numbing.

Rayquarian

God, I hated that 25 minute essay.  It takes me 40 minutes to write anything decent.

THEBIRD

going in that early on a Saturday was a ninny. only took them once last June.

Math: 590

guess which one isn't my strong suit. you'll never get it.

Rayquarian

Quote from: THEBIRD on May 04, 2010, 11:16:35 AM
going in that early on a Saturday was a ninny. only took them once last June.

Math: 590

guess which one isn't my strong suit. you'll never get it.
Reading?

THEBIRD

Quote from: Rayquarian on May 04, 2010, 02:33:32 PM
Reading?
told you guys you'd never get it.

big surprise coming up, it's math. and i think it runs in the family.

Rayquarian

Quote from: THEBIRD on May 04, 2010, 03:16:29 PM
told you guys you'd never get it.

big surprise coming up, it's math. and i think it runs in the family.
AAAAA my meta-prediction failed.

Math is my strong area, yet I didn't score all that high on mine.  I think I made a 660-ish.

Java

I've officially signed up for two SAT II's: US History and Math Level 1.

I wanted to sign up for one more, but I wasn't sure which other one to take.
I wasn't sure if I'd be prepared enough for Literature (I'm in AP Lang now, so I don't know if the Lit test correlates with AP Lit).
I was also considering World History, but the downside to that is that I took AP World History last year, so I'd have to do a lot of reviewing.

I'm still considering signing up for a third and paying the late fee.
Does anyone have any experience with either of the two?

Totla

Signed up for the one in june. Hopefully I can get 700's in everything and then not have to take it again.

Mikoyan

Quote from: Java on May 05, 2010, 09:06:08 PM
I've officially signed up for two SAT II's: US History and Math Level 1.

I wanted to sign up for one more, but I wasn't sure which other one to take.
I wasn't sure if I'd be prepared enough for Literature (I'm in AP Lang now, so I don't know if the Lit test correlates with AP Lit).
I was also considering World History, but the downside to that is that I took AP World History last year, so I'd have to do a lot of reviewing.

I'm still considering signing up for a third and paying the late fee.
Does anyone have any experience with either of the two?
The USH SATII is a breeze if you've had APUS; it tends to test on quotes and people a lot, though. I took the Math IIC, but the Math I should be basic algebra/geometry; nothing from Algebra II or space iirc.

Java

Quote from: Mikoyan on May 05, 2010, 11:05:50 PM
The USH SATII is a breeze if you've had APUS; it tends to test on quotes and people a lot, though. I took the Math IIC, but the Math I should be basic algebra/geometry; nothing from Algebra II or space iirc.
That's good to know about USH.

By any chance do you remember what Math II is on?