News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Trainer appearance customization

Started by bluaki, November 24, 2008, 01:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

Pokemon Battle Revolution has a pretty nice trainer customization system, for those who haven't played it.

With each trainer, the player can:
  • Choose between 6 main body types (game calls it "character styles", though I find it too unspecific); 3 of each gender (Young Boy, Cool Boy, Muscle Man, Young Girl, Cool Girl, Little Girl)
  • Choose between 3 shades of skin: white, somewhat dark, more dark (of course not official names)
  • Choose between many available hats, hair colours, face decoration, glasses, shirt, pants (except with Little Girl, who wears the shirt as a dress), glove/wristband, shoes, badges (emblems worn on chest), bags, and outfits (single gear that covers all parts, like a costume) most of which must be unlocked. Many of them are restricted to certain body-types/character-styles. Face decoration, glasses, glove/wristband, badges, and bags are optional.

This is much unlike the Stadium games (trainer doesn't exist), the Shadow Pokemon games (only one character playable), and all the handheld RPG (newer games having one selectable trainer of each gender, pre-Crystal ones with only male)
    Diamond/Pearl do have the union room representations, but that is extremely limited to a randomly-generated list of four trainers who share the player's gender.
    Do you think the future games should have trainer customization? I don't necessarily mean as extensive as PBR's, but perhaps give a decent list of non-recycled trainer appearances to choose from at the beginning of the game alongside the gender selection.

JrDude

I've been wanting customizable trainers for a long ass time. And the customizable trainers was the main reason I ever wanted that game (I never got it though).

I think in later games, you should get a few choices of clothes from the begining, then can bring the rest along and change later (if you want), then later in the game, when you get the big mall place that sells most everything and has like 20 floors, there can be more clothes to buy, and after completing certain tasks, you can obtain new clothes like that as well, like maybe clothes can be obtained by one of the enemies quitting (same gender as you), then somehow changing clothes then dropping the team clothes on the ground and you can pick them up and use it to get into their base and fool some of the people inside (I thought of this when I got the Magma Emblem in Emerald). Then being able to get other clothes as a bonus, that have no effect on what happens in the storyline (except the enemy clothes when talking to the enemies).
[move][/move]
Dude .

ThePowerOfOne

Holy crap, this thread reminded me I had PBR stuffed away somewhere in my gaming closet D:  I've got to play that again...

But I would love trainer customization in more Pokemon games, it makes it feel... More personal.

jnfs2014

It really is a good feature, but it's hardly worth the points.

Put it into the 2011-2012 series, and I'll be satisfied.

Shujinco2

I think you should be able to choose, say, the Female from Ruby, or the Male from Red, and all the other character models over the years.

JrDude

Quote from: Shujinco on November 24, 2008, 08:44:51 PM
I think you should be able to choose, say, the Female from Ruby, or the Male from Red, and all the other character models over the years.
Something like that, will never happen, and shouldn't.
It's a new game, a new life, not just moving a old character to a new place and start all over.
"Oh hey May, here's your first Pokémon, Torchic!"
*new game*
"Oh hey May, you just moved again, here's your first Pokémon, Piplup!"

Which is why it is stupid.
[move][/move]
Dude .