News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Just got TF2 today

Started by Dog Food, June 20, 2009, 07:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

Just downloaded it off Steam today. It was perfect; I left my laptop running and when I came home it was done and ready for me to play. I played it for like half an hour with a couple friends, and sucked. I blamed the fact that I was using a mouse pad on my laptop instead of mouse, and after I changed that I got a lot better. Still suck though. It's fun though, and maybe if I get decent I'll attempt to join your server here. Maybe. Are any of you guys good? Maybe you've got some tips for a beginner?

I've been using Scout.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Totla

You can play with us, most of us aren't that good. :p
And you'll want to play with players above your level so you can learn from them. Just watch what they do.
Try out all the classes for a while to see which one(s) you like best, and try and get good at that.
But really, the best way to get better is to play a lot.

Tsumaru

Use Pyro.

Trust me, you'll get a good k/d ratio in no time.

Dog Food

I'm finding now that I'm better with Soldier/Sniper. But I've still got a few characters I've never tried. I guess I'll go do that, and watch myself get raped. Or play on your server, there's only 5 people on there now. If it's always that small, maybe I won't die as often XD

Mario583

Quote from: Tsumaru on June 21, 2009, 12:30:07 PM
Use Pyro.

Trust me, you'll get a good k/d ratio in no time.
As long as you constantly use fire on EVERYTHING and EVERYONE :-X

Omega12

Pyro is the butt of the joke on TF2.

Just play with us on bro night, or go to an all Crits instakill server and learn.

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online

Dog Food

It seems my bests are Heavy and Spy now... I didn't think I was doing good at Spy, it's hard when I'm new to the controls trying to turn invisible, reappear behind someone, stab 'em (my first try I accidentally did it, and haven't been able to do it a second time since...). Buuuuuut, I got my highest score from Spy. So maybe I'm not as clueless as I thought :D

Quote from: Omega12 on June 22, 2009, 11:18:39 AM
Pyro is the butt of the joke on TF2.

Just play with us on bro night, or go to an all Crits instakill server and learn.
When's bro night? But I'm not a bro ;-; I'm a brah D: (and don't let anyone tell you otherwise...).

Mario583

Quote from: Kill Joy on June 22, 2009, 06:03:26 PM
When's bro night? But I'm not a bro ;-; I'm a brah D: (and don't let anyone tell you otherwise...).
CatSaturday's  [spoiler]They only let the cool kids in and I am totally cool bro[/spoiler]