News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

pl_red_cart/pl_redcart Progress Thread #1

Started by Daft Pink, February 28, 2009, 05:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daft Pink

Still undecided on the name, I'll have you guys vote right now to choose the name. Well, as many of you know, I've been working on a map for a few weeks now in my spare time. Many of you guys have asked me on the progress, so why don't you see for yourself?

As you can probably see, I still haven't added in the skybox. That red wooden building near the 1st point is red's second spawn. Red is attacking on this map. Also, that red spawn building will be made larger to have more exits so that if one exit is spawn camped, you don't have to be forced to go that way; the other exits won't have a way of being able to spawn camp. As you can probably see, the map still needs a lot of work, and I barely have the beginning plan finished. I'd say that this map is somewhere between 20-25% done in terms of just getting the basic map layout done. Expect another progress thread in the near future. Maybe some beta testers. D:

One last note: Excuse the horrible graphics, whenever I test a map using Hammer, it always runs on the worst possible graphics for some reason.

Red Alert

on a more positive note, I have some insider info for you guys! The maker of jump_propel is working on a regular map now, and it's lookin pretty good. I expect valve to pick it up in their next update if he releases it before then.

Jono2

Quote from: Red Alert on February 28, 2009, 10:09:37 PM
on a more positive note, I have some insider info for you guys! The maker of jump_propel is working on a regular map now, and it's lookin pretty good. I expect valve to pick it up in their next update if he releases it before then.

propel is amazing, and aznbob (that's who made propel, right?)'s an amazing mapmaker, but the thing is, he would have to work hellahard on it, because it would have to be both made, balanced, and fully textured.  It's not happening for the next update, if at all.  Maybe the one after that.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Red Alert

Quote from: Jono2 on February 28, 2009, 10:49:01 PM

propel is amazing, and aznbob (that's who made propel, right?)'s an amazing mapmaker, but the thing is, he would have to work hellahard on it, because it would have to be both made, balanced, and fully textured.  It's not happening for the next update, if at all.  Maybe the one after that.
lol, no, it's not aznbob. I'm friends with him and was in the same clan as him and I can assure you he's no map maker.

I realize that it will take a while, but the map is already almost in its beta stages. And even if it wasn't, the next update won't be out for another 2 months at least.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7002/cpnew0007vw7.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1238/cpnew0008rw8.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4343/cpnew0009tq0.jpg

edit: now that I think about it I seem to remember him making a jump map, but i don't think it ever got very popular

TheDarkChief

Jono2

Quote from: Red Alert on February 28, 2009, 11:02:44 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on February 28, 2009, 10:49:01 PM

lol, no, it's not aznbob. I'm friends with him and was in the same clan as him and I can assure you he's no map maker.

I realize that it will take a while, but the map is already almost in its beta stages. And even if it wasn't, the next update won't be out for another 2 months at least.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7002/cpnew0007vw7.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1238/cpnew0008rw8.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4343/cpnew0009tq0.jpg

edit: now that I think about it I seem to remember him making a jump map, but i don't think it ever got very popular

yeah, mixed him up with Bob[M+M] or whatever his name is currently.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Daft Pink

Get on intercourse ing topic you idiot. This is a thread to discuss the map, not some other guy's map.

DDantas

Quote from: Daft Pink on March 04, 2009, 06:37:10 PM
Get on f***ing topic you idiot. This is a thread to discuss the map, not some other guy's map.
You should know by now that Red Alert doesn't like your maps. Anyways, I feel that is should be something OTHER than desert. Grass maybe? I mean most of the payload maps I've played on are desert styled.

BOSSNIG

Get on intercourse ing topic you idiot. This is a thread to discuss the map, not some other guy's map.
maybe if you made good maps we would
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Red Alert

Get on f***ing topic you idiot. This is a thread to discuss the map, not some other guy's map.
woah man no need to get so hostile, i was just trying to brighten the mood.

TheDarkChief

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Boris, Overlord of All Acorns. on February 28, 2009, 10:49:01 PM

aznbob you say?
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER