News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

the real question

Started by Custom, September 06, 2011, 12:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

will the ruby/sapphire remakes be on 3DS or DS?

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

FruitFlow

I'm gonna guess 3DS, since it would be more reasonable.
But it would totally suck for those that don't have the money/plan to buy one.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Custom

it would totally suck if they put it on regular ds
so i, the 3ds buyer, felt like i wasted money on a console they're not interested in

i'm kind of worried because i know it'd be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more accessible for them to put it on regular DS

Kayo

Because I'm buying a 3DS in the very near future, I seriously hope that they put it on that. But the REAL question is of Nintendo's strategy:

A) Make it DS so more people will buy it
B) Make it 3DS to give people more reason to buy the 3DS

I'm hoping they go with option B, since that would, for me, make the 3DS THAT MUCH more worth it. It could look really awesome.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: FruitFlow on September 06, 2011, 01:45:25 AM
I'm gonna guess 3DS, since it would be more reasonable.
But it would totally suck for those that don't have the money/plan to buy one.
If people aren't planning to buy it, it's probably because it doesn't have the games they want, which would make this the solution. Nintendo shouldn't be thinking about appeasing the people who don't want their product; they should trying to make those people want to buy it.

Nintendo's not going to let it go on DS, even if Game Freak wants it there. End of story.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on September 06, 2011, 03:47:07 PM
If people aren't planning to buy it, it's probably because it doesn't have the games they want, which would make this the solution. Nintendo shouldn't be thinking about appeasing the people who don't want their product; they should trying to make those people want to buy it.

Nintendo's not going to let it go on DS, even if Game Freak wants it there. End of story.
Basically, like I was thinking, "You want to play this totally awesome game? Buy a darn 3DS already and you can."
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

That's kind of the entire intercourse ing point of making a new game console. Make software that people want so people buy it.

Custom

nintendo is releasing a new color of dsi xl
this makes me think they might hold onto it like sony did with the ps2
which i don't like one bit
i want the new games to be 3ds exclusives
i don't even use the 3d

Neerb

Quote from: Custom on September 09, 2011, 12:26:37 PM
nintendo is releasing a new color of dsi xl
this makes me think they might hold onto it like sony did with the ps2
which i don't like one bit
i want the new games to be 3ds exclusives
i don't even use the 3d

Sales seem to be an issue in both cases; maybe they just know they'd sell more games on DS?. Granted, 3DS sales are picking up fast, but with the new "peripheral" coming out, who knows what Nintendo's doing with their handhelds.

DededeCloneChris

The sales for the 3DS as of August report that sales went up by 260 percent.

Kayo

Quote from: NotAsagiChris on September 09, 2011, 09:50:49 PM
The sales for the 3DS as of August report that sales went up by 260 percent.
Priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice drop.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Custom

they released a kirby game on ds recently
sure, it's just a kirby game
but at the same time, it's a kirby game
if they want to just reuse sprites for that and put it on ds, why not do it with pokemon?

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on September 16, 2011, 07:42:01 AM
they released a kirby game on ds recently
sure, it's just a kirby game
but at the same time, it's a kirby game
if they want to just reuse sprites for that and put it on ds, why not do it with pokemon?
They're more than likely to just use all the BW sprites for the remakes instead of making any new ones, what with all the frames and everything. They might make a few minor changes, like extend the animations of some important Gen 3 Pokemon (since a bunch of them are pretty short) but reusing sprites won't be a problem at all.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on September 16, 2011, 12:05:39 PM
They're more than likely to just use all the BW sprites for the remakes instead of making any new ones, what with all the frames and everything. They might make a few minor changes, like extend the animations of some important Gen 3 Pokemon (since a bunch of them are pretty short) but reusing sprites won't be a problem at all.

>IMPLYING THAT'S A GOOD THING