News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Pokémon Snap 2?

Started by JrDude, September 05, 2011, 03:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

I recently re-played Pokémon Snap and beat it, and it made me think, I think there should be a sequel to this game. And that thought made me think of a bunch of things that gave me ideas that I thought were awesome.
Morning/Day/Night system: Like in the handheld games, there should be a Day cycle that happens. Morining, certain Pokémon, Day, different Pokémon, Night, different Pokémon, while some are in the level regardless of the time of day. Sometimes doing something different depending on the time of day (sleeping for example).
Days of the week: Like in some games, have some Pokémon appear only on certain days of the week, maybe Pokémon that are already there will behave differently of specific days. EX: Lapras only appears in a cave level on Mondays. Drifloon (and Blim maybe) only appears in a grassy level on Fridays, etc.
Weather system: Have some levels (not all, as that would be difficult) be affected by weather depending on the month (Like in B/W). (Deerling +evo could be in one of these levels)
Difference pictures: For Pokémon that have different appearances, (EX: Deerling, gender difference Pokémon), they could be saved as a separate Picture.
Events: Every now and then, there could be events provided by Nintendo/Game Freak which has new levels or Legendaries appear within certain levels.

And this idea is just an idea that I thought was awesome, but think is very unlikely.
[spoiler]• Pokémon companions: I was thinking it would be cool to have a little Pokémon buddy ride along with you. Can't be in pictures, but can use an attack. It can only use the attack if it saw a different Pokémon use the attack (Take picture of the attack while Pokémon is with you). EX: You start off with a Pichu or something, and it does nothing until you reach a level with a Pokémon that uses an electric attack. If you take a picture of the Pokémon as it attacks (maybe save pic too?), then Pichu will learn how to use the attack as well (HIT B!!!!! or some other button, doesn't matter), and then change how some Pokémon look while shocking them, or turn on close-by electrical outlets, and maybe even evolve Pokémon (Like how Charmander evolves by being attacked by Magmar).
Get more Pokémon companions: See some random Pokémon fall in love and MAKE AN EGG, pick it up by taking a pic, or by using an item the Prof provides or something. Make Pokémon fall in love by throwing food in front of them and then they share and do the Egg making game. After playing a few levels, the egg hatches into a Pokémon relating to the ones that made it to have a new ability of attack (Fire, water, etc.). One of them could even have a Pokémon that has the move Attract, which can make any Pokémon fall in love with another, use it on 2 that are the same species to get another Egg (sometimes). If you already have the egg and they make an egg, the egg can hatch as you drive past it (maybe by a companion's attack), and you can take a picture.
Pokémon Companions are forever babies and won't evolve. 1 Move per companion. 1 companion per picture-taking trip.
[/spoiler]

So... do you think there should be a Pokémon Snap sequel?
Do you think any of my ideas should be used?
Do you like my Pokémon companion idea?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Tupin

I like Pokemon Snap. I would be surprised if Nintendo didn't bring it out again for the 3DS or WiiU.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

Pokemon Snap 3D would be AWESOME. Gyroscopic controls, 3D effect, portability; it would be like you're ACTUALLY TAKING PICTURES.

Kayo

Everyone's already speculated the poop out of the "Pokemon Snap on the 3DS idea" and I'm really getting tired of hearing it. Yeah yeah it makes perfect sense so that automatically means it has to exist blah blah blah.

That would be silly of Nintendo to not even think about making this. But the ultimate question is: Do they want to make this game again?

We say "Why not?" but maybe they don't have plans to revive this whole idea. Honestly though, it would be pretty cool. Especially with the whole, you know, see Pokemon in your living room on the screen, etc.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on September 05, 2011, 06:42:53 PM
Everyone's already speculated the poop out of the "Pokemon Snap on the 3DS idea" and I'm really getting tired of hearing it. Yeah yeah it makes perfect sense so that automatically means it has to exist blah blah blah.

That would be silly of Nintendo to not even think about making this. But the ultimate question is: Do they want to make this game again?

We say "Why not?" but maybe they don't have plans to revive this whole idea. Honestly though, it would be pretty cool. Especially with the whole, you know, see Pokemon in your living room on the screen, etc.
Pokedex 3D already does that. And if there was a Pokemon Snap 3D, the 3DS wouldn't be able to handle real environments with the camera.

Turning it into a cartridge with the gyroscope functionality on and with pre-rendered backgrounds, however, would be more plausible. But I'm worried about using Toad again.

Custom

aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

CoasterKid93

Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Kayo

Quote from: NotAsagiChris on September 05, 2011, 06:58:02 PM
Pokedex 3D already does that. And if there was a Pokemon Snap 3D, the 3DS wouldn't be able to handle real environments with the camera.

Turning it into a cartridge with the gyroscope functionality on and with pre-rendered backgrounds, however, would be more plausible. But I'm worried about using Toad again.
You're a Nintendrone you're supposed to believe anything is possible with two cameras.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on September 05, 2011, 07:30:58 PM
You're a Nintendrone you're supposed to believe anything is possible with two cameras.
Just because you have two cameras doesn't mean the resolution is any better.

Kayo

Quote from: NotAsagiChris on September 05, 2011, 07:32:31 PM
Just because you have two cameras doesn't mean the resolution is any better.
What, you're doubting the Nintendo overlords now?
[move][/move]

The Riddler

I got excited. I thought this topic was gonna say they announced it.

Asshole.

JrDude

I actually almost called this thread "Should there be a Pokémon Snap 2?"
Then thought "Wait... more people will look in it, if they don't exactly know the topic, make them possibly think 'Wait, is there a Pokémon Snap 2? or is he talking about a game he wants to be made? I NEED TO CLICK TO FIND OUT'"
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on September 05, 2011, 09:07:54 PM
I actually almost called this thread "Should there be a Pokémon Snap 2?"
Then thought "Wait... more people will look in it, if they don't exactly know the topic, make them possibly think 'Wait, is there a Pokémon Snap 2? or is he talking about a game he wants to be made? I NEED TO CLICK TO FIND OUT'"
Well that's a dick move.
[move][/move]