News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Critical Captures

Started by Kayo, March 12, 2011, 07:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

I really need to catch a Shelmet soon before Winter.
Super fast ninja bug looks awesome.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 18, 2011, 02:22:55 PM
I really need to catch a Shelmet soon before Winter.
Super fast ninja bug looks awesome.
I have two of them. I'd happily help you out if you need.

In fact, I was thinking about breeding a bunch of Shelmets soon.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 18, 2011, 03:08:14 PM
I have two of them. I'd happily help you out if you need.

In fact, I was thinking about breeding a bunch of Shelmets soon.
It's alright.
I'm at Twist Mountain right now, so I should have one soon.

Would Timid Nature be best for it?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 18, 2011, 03:33:21 PM
It's alright.
I'm at Twist Mountain right now, so I should have one soon.

Would Timid Nature be best for it?
Probably. I know Accelgor has Base 100 Special Attack and mediocre Attack, so that would work. I doubt it has any physical moves that would make it worth sacrificing an already terrible defensive stat to avoid an attack drop.

I'd go Timid.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Accelgor is one of the fastest pokemon in the game. I think it's just under Ninjask?

Also: What's this metal noise everyone has mentioned for Critical Captures? I've had a ton of Critical Captures and never once heard a noise cue.

JrDude

Just listen for a noise that you wouldn't normally hear. If you can't hear the difference, get your ears checked, you may be partially tone deaf. I mean, I can understand if you didn't hear it a few times, but if you had a ton and still didn't hear it, either your DS isn't loud enough, or you're deaf in some way, shape, or form.
It might not sound "metallic" to you, but the sound is plenty different from the regular sound.
[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

Speaking of captures, the "rocking" action the ball does can be prolonged. It took it a bit longer to rocket a third time to me.

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on March 18, 2011, 06:29:21 PM
Accelgor is one of the fastest pokemon in the game. I think it's just under Ninjask?

Also: What's this metal noise everyone has mentioned for Critical Captures? I've had a ton of Critical Captures and never once heard a noise cue.

When you throw the ball, it makes more of a "fwing" than a "woosh." Uh.... well, let me try to explain. Remember the sound SolarBeam made during the second turn in the 4th gen? It's sort of close to that, but it's terribly hard to explain. That's how I tell, as soon as I hear the sound I think "Awesome."

It happened to me again today. I think I was catching a [Mawile] in that cave on Route 9 you can only enter after the E4.

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 18, 2011, 07:09:02 PM
Speaking of captures, the "rocking" action the ball does can be prolonged. It took it a bit longer to rocket a third time to me.
It definitely does. Maybe it's for added suspense?
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Suspense that kills you or destroys your hopes in catching the Pokemon you want.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 18, 2011, 05:52:53 PM
Probably. I know Accelgor has Base 100 Special Attack and mediocre Attack, so that would work. I doubt it has any physical moves that would make it worth sacrificing an already terrible defensive stat to avoid an attack drop.

I'd go Timid.
Pretty much.
It would actually make a pretty good Spiker.
Plus it has access to Guard Split.

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on March 18, 2011, 06:29:21 PM
Yeah. Accelgor is only 15 points behind.

Nayrman

Oh, finally got one. On a jigglypuff I happen to come across. I noticed that really odd "Fwee!" and it wobbled in the air. Neat to see in person.

FruitFlow

Is it always a different sound, or the same thing?

JrDude

I assume the same thing, but I never compared sounds.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

It would have to be the same thing. I can'e see how the game would make a different soune every time. I've always heard the same thing.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

I could have swore I heard a different sound on my second capture.