News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

so

Started by Bearissoslow, October 07, 2011, 07:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravioli

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on October 07, 2011, 06:12:19 PM
MM is not the best. 

I don't know if WW is the best, but it's definitely better than MM.
WW is my second favorite so I don't care enough to debate this preference.

Super

WW is my second least favorite.

Zero

Twilight Princess really wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

j/s

Ravioli

It's a great game.

MM, WW and OoT are just better.

Bearissoslow

TP was terrible, only good things about it were the Lakebed Temple and the Sky place whatever.

all the DS Zelda games weren't mediocre, they were actually far worse. PH was a terrible knockoff of WW with Ocean Temple, which was terrible and you can't prove me wrong on this. ST I've never played since I'm not stupid enough to buy Miyamoto's bad fanfiction.

Zero

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 08, 2011, 10:52:26 AM
TP was terrible, only good things about it were the Lakebed Temple and the Sky place whatever.

lol you're overly-critical as always

I've played terrible games. TP isn't one of them.

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: Zero on October 08, 2011, 10:58:23 AM

I've though about going back and playing it again.   When I finished the game last time, I kind of went "What now?"  Usually when I beat a Zelda, it's time to go back and finish side quests and get everything I missed.  It just didn't seem like there was that much more to do.

Ravioli

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 08, 2011, 10:52:26 AM

QuoteLakebed Temple

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Zero on October 08, 2011, 10:58:23 AM

if i'm being overly-critical, what are the finer points of TP? its terribly written plot or its boring overworld or its unlikeable characters?

Doodle

don't forget the overly dramatic cutscenes and Link's equally dramatic faces
YEAH

I liked Link's surprised face when you're fighting that giant spider boss and Link thinks it's dead but then it wasn't really dead yet.
...̅̅̅

Doodle

Quote from: Custom on October 07, 2011, 10:12:21 PM
dude, they're awful
they're the easiest zelda games out there, complete jokes
spirit tracks was a step up from boring as PH, but htey're both garbage games for being a part of the zelda series
they're decent as ds games, but as zelda games jesus they're awful
Spirit Tracks was still a decent Zelda game. The controls were improved, and the central dungeon was a lot more fun and designed much better. Also, there was actually useful interaction between Link and Zelda, so she wasn't just the useless vagina of a damsel in distress like she is in every other Zelda game.  Phantom Zelda was fun to control, too, and actually made for different poop like playing chicken with enemies or riding her across lava
The exploration in both DS games was pretty poopty though, but I prefer the train to WIND WAKER: NOW WITH 90% LESS SHIT
YEAH

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on October 08, 2011, 08:53:18 AM
Twilight Princess really wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

j/s
I've never played it before but I bought it a few months ago (still haven't played it due to being busy), and I expect it to be good.

I don't understand why people are so negative about it, it's gotta be a good GCN game. Whether it compares that way to other games or the series that way or not, I'm sure it's high on the list of good Gamecube games.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 08, 2011, 01:57:19 PM
if i'm being overly-critical, what are the finer points of TP? its terribly written plot or its boring overworld or its unlikeable characters?

Everything you just described as negative others could have found to be positive aspects of the game.

I enjoyed the gameplay. Dungeons were pretty alright. Sky temple in particular was badass. Can't say much else.

As for what I found to be negative, it was too easy and I didn't like most of the new characters except for the ghost knight that teaches you poop.

It was pretty much what I expected. The second I saw the wolf poop in Nintendo Power in what, 2004 or 2005?, I knew it was doomed to be the worst 3D Zelda to date, and it was. Doesn't mean it was a terrible game though.

Play Naughty Bear. There's your terrible game.

EDIT: @Kayo: I played the Wii version. So, I don't know, I think the GCN version pulls a Master Quest and Mirrors dungeons. You'll probably like it as long as you aren't going into it expecting a jesus game.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on October 08, 2011, 06:45:36 PM
EDIT: @Kayo: I played the Wii version. So, I don't know, I think the GCN version pulls a Master Quest and Mirrors dungeons. You'll probably like it as long as you aren't going into it expecting a jesus game.
Correction. The Wii version is the mirror. And there are no Master Quest thingies in either.