News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Hey Kids, Who Likes the 3DS?

Started by Flying Chickens, March 17, 2012, 12:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephilicious

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 19, 2012, 12:54:24 PM
Serebii confirmed that they're new games.

that doesnt stop them from reusing the same resources, writing a bit of new dialog and a new story squesnce or two, and calling them new games.

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 19, 2012, 05:12:48 PM
I'm saying that I think he'll play a major role in B2W2, and if those are sequels there needs to be another region for that to be true.

or, you know, he could come back. omg zeph you're so crazy.
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 19, 2012, 05:18:27 PM
that doesnt stop them from reusing the same resources, writing a bit of new dialog and a new story squesnce or two, and calling them new games.

or, you know, he could come back. omg zeph you're so crazy.
Then what would be the point of saying that he went to another region?

This won't be a third version. If it is, I'll buy it for three people.

zephilicious

so he can come back and say look how powerful ive become by training in that unnamed faraway region.

really it doesnt take that much imagination to figure this out.

youre not spiting me by buying extra copies i done give a intercourse  how successful it is
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 19, 2012, 05:12:48 PM
I'm saying that I think he'll play a major role in B2W2, and if those are sequels there needs to be another region for that to be true.
To the former, yes.
To the latter, no.

If they moved to a region that wasn't Unova, it sure as hell wouldn't be Hoenn.

I don't see what you're NOT GETTING about THEY REUSE THE NEW REGION WITHIN ITS GENERATION. Crystal didn't get a new region. Emerald didn't get a new region. Platinum didn't get a new region. They all just used the region that had just been introduced.

What I see as likely is getting an ADDITION to Unova. I mean, look at it. It's really small. It's got the fewest routes and towns of any region. Ever since it came out it's been screaming "Addition! Addition!"
So we could very likely see a few new routes and towns branching off of Unova. Hell, if the Mistralton airport was used, it could even bring the player to a new America-centered region (maybe somewhere far from New York, like California, Florida, etc.) that just has a few routes and towns to its own. That would actually be really cool.

But B2/W2 will not take place in Hoenn and you need to get that out of your head if it isn't already.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Flying Chickens

Kayo

Quote from: Flying Chickens on March 19, 2012, 07:47:33 PM

So get one of B2/W2.

And one of the R/S remakes.

The existence of the latter is entirely inevitable.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 20, 2012, 11:59:40 AM
So get one of B2/W2.
But that's for DS.

[spoiler]And you're forgetting a huge flaw in your theory. Actually, two huge flaws. However, I don't want to derail this further, so bring it up in the B2W2 thread if you want me to tell you them. If you want to drop the issue, however, that's fine.[/spoiler]

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 20, 2012, 04:42:25 PM
But that's for DS.

[spoiler]And you're forgetting a huge flaw in your theory. Actually, two huge flaws. However, I don't want to derail this further, so bring it up in the B2W2 thread if you want me to tell you them. If you want to drop the issue, however, that's fine.[/spoiler]
I'm really hinting mainly at getting the R/S remakes, provided they're on 3DS.
[move][/move]

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Pennington on March 20, 2012, 05:44:46 PM
By this point, I'll spend money on any of the mainline Pokemon games, simply because they're Pokemon. R/S remakes would be just tops though, they really would.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 20, 2012, 05:44:46 PM
Those would be at least two years away, however, so it's not really something worth mentioning. (Gen VI isn't going to start with remakes for obvious reasons.)

Neerb

Pretty much all the games have been suggested, but just to perhaps provide a priority suggestion, here are all of the 3DS games currently 80 or above on Metacritic, in order:

94 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
90 - Super Mario 3D Land
90 - Pushmo
85 - Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
85 - Mario Kart 7
84 - Kid Icarus: Uprising
83 - Mutant Mudds
82 - Cave Story 3D
82 - Resident Evil: Revelations
82 - Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
82 - VVVVVV
81 - Star Fox 64 3D
80 - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

Hmm... I rarely if ever download titles, and when I do there almost always VCs or remakes, but perhaps I may need to actually give Pushmo a go.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 20, 2012, 06:43:22 PM
Those would be at least two years away, however, so it's not really something worth mentioning. (Gen VI isn't going to start with remakes for obvious reasons.)
Lately, Pokemon's been pretty consistent with getting the NA release 6 months after the Japan release. The way I see it:
BW/W2 (DS): JP June 2012, NA Dec 2012
Gen VI (3DS): JP September 2013, NA March 2014
R/S (3DS): JP Summer 2014, NA Early 2015
Gen VI Game 3 (3DS)(why the hell not): JP Early 2015, NA Late 2015

Actually, I'm excited to see how well that holds up.

@thread: If that Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition game comes to America, I'll be getting it. It actually looks pretty darn good for a spinoff, if you can call it that.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 20, 2012, 09:42:25 PM
Lately, Pokemon's been pretty consistent with getting the NA release 6 months after the Japan release. The way I see it:
BW/W2 (DS): JP June 2012, NA Dec 2012
Gen VI (3DS): JP September 2013, NA March 2014
R/S (3DS): JP Summer 2014, NA Early 2015
Gen VI Game 3 (3DS)(why the hell not): JP Early 2015, NA Late 2015

Actually, I'm excited to see how well that holds up.

@thread: If that Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition game comes to America, I'll be getting it. It actually looks pretty darn good for a spinoff, if you can call it that.
... So you agree.

Also, they said Fall for B2W2.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 21, 2012, 04:12:37 AM
... So you agree.

Also, they said Fall for B2W2.
Yeah, I just felt like plotting out some likely release dates to see it better; it also made the 3DS Pokemon seem not quite so far away.

December is still Fall. I think B2/W2 won't be here in America until late November-early/mid December. If they come earlier, I'll be thrilled. But I'm not so sure they will.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 21, 2012, 12:15:05 PM
Yeah, I just felt like plotting out some likely release dates to see it better; it also made the 3DS Pokemon seem not quite so far away.

December is still Fall. I think B2/W2 won't be here in America until late November-early/mid December. If they come earlier, I'll be thrilled. But I'm not so sure they will.
December is considered part of the winter shopping season, but I suppose an early December release like MK7 is possible. It's a shame that this won't help 3DS sales, though. :/