News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Super Mario 3D Land discussion

Started by Nayrman, November 13, 2011, 02:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOREDFOREVER

Wait wait wait

There's a game where you play a skinned racoon dog that dies over and over in an almost futile attempt to reclaim his skin.  It really shows that it's okay for animals to be under the dominion of man, since you control the character, and it's fine to get enjoyment out of something even if it involves animals repeatedly dying by getting smashed and falling in holes.  Someone should tell PETA about this.

Also I intercourse ing hate PETA.  With images trying to turn kids against parents with this add campaign:[spoiler][/spoiler] They jumped the shark into ridiculous and inane.

Today the tried to pull the old "Whatever; we were just kidding stop being so serious" internet defense, and said this:

QuoteOur spoof is simply making a serious point: that there is a much darker story behind tanuki skins than Mario lets on. In games like Call of Duty, where characters shoot and kill animals, or in Dog Wars, where players have fun fighting and torturing dogs, it sends a dangerous message that this kind of behavior is acceptable.

In Call of Duty you KILL PEOPLE.  Isn't that more important to be upset about?  Don't the dogs that make up about .01% of things you kill fall lower on the scale of abhorred violence?  Did I miss the mission that was a dog shooting gallery?

Which is the oft repeated slam against PETA: They put animals ahead of people all the time every time.  You can say that they do it because no one else will, but it's not a program of moderation like, say, the Humane Society.  I can disagree and still respect the HS.  Not PETA.  Never PETA.

Mona

Way to go, PETA. Let's turn some kids against their parents AND scar them for life so we'll have a generation of children too afraid to go fishing with their dads.

Tupin

PETA spends most of its money on advertising, not helping animals. They completely miss the point of domestication, and don't want people to have pets. A 97% kill rate should testify to that.

It is a shame that the talent of artists and programmers goes to waste making their advertisements and games. Mario isn't even wearing the skin of a tanuki, he's wearing a costume. Are they going to attack the frog suit next?

Anyway, the game looks great. Does 3D really help a lot? I've heard that it's really needed for some difficult jumps.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Tupin on November 16, 2011, 09:13:47 PM
PETA spends most of its money on advertising, not helping animals. They completely miss the point of domestication, and don't want people to have pets. A 97% kill rate should testify to that.

It is a shame that the talent of artists and programmers goes to waste making their advertisements and games. Mario isn't even wearing the skin of a tanuki, he's wearing a costume. Are they going to attack the frog suit next?

Anyway, the game looks great. Does 3D really help a lot? I've heard that it's really needed for some difficult jumps.
3D doesn't really help but makes things prettier.

Doodle

From what I've played of the 3DS I could never get any 3D to work. :U
Maybe I just hold it weird.
YEAH

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Doodle on November 17, 2011, 05:11:59 AM
Make sure you get the sweet spot, and that you can notice the depth. Also, the game has two 3D settings if you use the control pad.

Zero

you're doing it wrong

Kayo

That's because you're playing a DSi.

Seriously though, what
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Doodle

YEAH

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Doodle

Quote from: Kayghost on November 17, 2011, 05:04:36 PM
You mean it doesn't work at all? Not even a bit?
It looks like it does something, but it doesn't seem like a big 3D effect so I'm probably just holding it wrong
YEAH

Kayo

One day I'll hold a 3DS in my hand long enough to play with the 3D setting myself.

Until then, I am not even familiar with the effect enough.
[move][/move]

BOREDFOREVER

Kayo

Quote from: BOREDDEVILBOY on November 18, 2011, 08:49:12 AM
Maybe you can't see 3D effects.

Here's a test to try:

http://www.mediacollege.com/3d/depth-perception/test.html
I have a dominant eye and a less dominant one... that shouldn't be a huge problem, right?
[move][/move]

Doodle

YEAH