News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Playstation Vita Thread

Started by Tupin, December 18, 2011, 01:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

It took the 3DS more time to sell that much, however, I'm skeptical in regard to the future success of the Vita.

We all know it'll explode as soon as a Monster Hunter or Kingdom Hearts game comes out for it.

Hero_of_Darkness

It's not bad. Unfortunately, it's tough to say exactly how the western launch did. ~590,000 of those are from Japan alone, but other Asian countries make it so that we can't just divide the other 610k between North America and Europe.

That said, 3DS's first week in the west totaled ~660k iirc.

jnfs2014

Played it again today (at gamestop) and I'm almost sold on it. The only things keeping me back are the analog sticks (will probably get used to them eventually) and the lack of games (should be fixed in a few months).

Neerb

The thing's so uncomfortable. I have to hold it awkwardly to avoid touching the pad on the back, and I feel like I'm going to break those weird little analog sticks.

Hero_of_Darkness

Sony didn't give a US launch figure for Vita, but NeoGAF estimated it based on info they did give. If NeoGAF's calculations were even close, there's a reason why Sony didn't give a number.

On the bright side, new Vita games will be announced tomorrow.

Zero

So I finally got to play with one at a Target. It's a really cool device and is a lot more comfortable to hold than I initially thought it would be.

If I had the money and it had better games out for it, I'd probably get one.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 09, 2012, 05:37:34 AM
So I finally got to play with one at a Target. It's a really cool device and is a lot more comfortable to hold than I initially thought it would be.

If I had the money and it had better games out for it, I'd probably get one.

Doesn't look like you'll ever buy one. Oh, sony.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

To be fair, it has a few games out that are actually good. I should rephrase what I said. If it had more games that interested me, I'd definitely consider it.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 09, 2012, 05:15:13 PM
To be fair, it has a few games out that are actually good. I should rephrase what I said. If it had more games that interested me, I'd definitely consider it.
Sony handhelds are doomed to have a lack-of-games issue for all eternity.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Er... forget the post I made earlier. Vita nearly outsold 3DS last month.

Zero

That's good. It's VGchartz data is still looking pretty bad.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Z on April 13, 2012, 09:26:25 AM
That's good. It's VGchartz data is still looking pretty bad.
That's why you don't use VGChartz.

That said, both Vita and 3DS are doing extremely poorly. Only PS3 and 360 sell well in the US now.

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 13, 2012, 10:58:52 AM

That said, both Vita and 3DS are doing extremely poorly. Only PS3 and 360 sell well in the US now.

Where do you get your data?

Yeah, maybe things will pick up later in the year.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 13, 2012, 10:58:52 AM

Because a bunch of people already bought them, and now both handhelds desperately need to keep pumping out games in order to attract the attention of people who still haven't bought it.

Neither system has really enough games to attract the people that haven't already bought 'em.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Z on April 13, 2012, 11:30:09 AM
Where do you get your data?

Yeah, maybe things will pick up later in the year.

The NPD thread on NeoGAF.

Also, the following game sold more than the Vita version of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom in March:

[spoiler]Super Mario 64 DS. 100% serious[/spoiler]