News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The Sound of Silence

Started by Dog Food, March 27, 2010, 06:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night the Lucario

Damn it, they aren't tied to death! Oh well... they seem to be tied to memory.

>Sing On the Rise, from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

The Riddler

Red seems to be Star Fox or video game related.
>Run around the room as if you have a Power Star from Mario. DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DODODODO

So_So_Man

think about how this room is possible.  Light reflecting, but not being made?  Shouldn't it dissapear as its slowly absorbed by the walls that seem to reflect light, but not images?

Come to the conclusion that the light is some sort of magical light and try to harness its power

Dog Food

Quote from: Night the Lucario on March 27, 2010, 02:31:24 PM
Damn it, they aren't tied to death! Oh well... they seem to be tied to memory.

>Sing On the Rise, from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog
You sing On the Rise from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog. Nothing happens, but the sound fills the room for a little bit until you decide to stop.

Quote from: Rosencrantz on March 27, 2010, 02:33:05 PM
Red seems to be Star Fox or video game related.
>Run around the room as if you have a Power Star from Mario. DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DODODODO
Then you decide to run around the room as if you have a Power Star from Mario. In your excitement, you attempt to run through one of the walls. Instead, you just bump into it and fall down. Enough pretending, it hurts.

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 27, 2010, 02:46:48 PM
think about how this room is possible.  Light reflecting, but not being made?  Shouldn't it dissapear as its slowly absorbed by the walls that seem to reflect light, but not images?

Come to the conclusion that the light is some sort of magical light and try to harness its power

You decide to get serious. This room can't exist. It just isn't scientifically possible. You come to the conclusion that the light is some sort of magical light and try to harness its power. But you aren't exactly sure how to do that, so you sigh and sit down, at a loss once again.

What do?
Hint?

More explanations -
When things don't seem to be getting anywhere, hints will be made available. You get 12 hints for the game. Possible ways to earn more later on.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Thirdkoopa

>Keep going forward outside; Attempt searching for people.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

The Riddler

>Punch Walls and Floor

Maybe somewhere it's hollow.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Smokey the Bear on March 27, 2010, 06:16:43 AM
I might have posted something like this before, can't remember. Anyway, now that

You wake up to a blinding whiteness. You blink until your eyes finally adjust. All it is is white. Nothing but white. It looks as if you are floating in a space with no dimensions.
I made a game like this months ago.

>Click your heels three times

So_So_Man

So_So_Man

Dog Food

Quote from: Third K on March 27, 2010, 03:08:24 PM
>Keep going forward outside; Attempt searching for people.
You walk along the walls, but there is no way for you to slip by them and go outside. They seem solid enough. Your watch begins beeping again, so you move away from the walls to make it shut up.

Quote from: Rosencrantz on March 27, 2010, 04:07:16 PM
>Punch Walls and Floor

Maybe somewhere it's hollow.
You attempt it, only hurting your hands. Everything seems solid.

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 27, 2010, 04:18:08 PM
I made a game like this months ago.

>Click your heels three times
((If you guys ever get to the plot of my game, you'll realize ours are very different. So don't go thinking I stole your idea, I came up with this before I saw yours D:)) You click your heels three times and without really thinking say, "I want to go home." But nothing happens. It only makes you feel more alone, as you do not know where home is.

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 27, 2010, 05:53:20 PM
meditate
You meditate. Calmness surrounds you. Maybe you can get some memory back by doing this? Your mind clears and you begin to think. What did you have to use? What could you use to your advantage?
-Phone -- broken and useless. Might as well just throw it away now.
-iPod -- seemingly useless for now.
-$7 -- seemingly useless for now.
-2 blue poker chips - seemingly useless for now.
- Marlboro Light - 20 cigarettes left
- Lighter Gun - Can light the cigarettes.
- 3 Keys on a chain - seemingly useless for now.
- Receipt - It was with your money, but what is it a receipt for?
- Note - It was tucked away inside your cigarette carton, but what does it say?
- Watch - It keeps on beeping near the wall, and giving me a headache...

But that was all that came to you with your head cleared. Still no information about your past...

What now?

The Riddler

>Read Note
>Read Receipt

I WONDER WHAT THEY SAY?!

>Take off watch
>Place watch near wall
>Step Back

LETS SEE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS.

Edit: Cellphone is shattered into pieces, and money has been burned. They gone.

So_So_Man

stab the wall with the keys
do a barrel roll through the wall

Dog Food

Quote>Read Note
You read the note. It says:

Ah, so you have succumbed to smoking to settle your nerves? Tsk, tsk, that's a bad habit. You are probably wondering why you are here. Better yet, you must be asking yourself who you are. I know the answer. I have given you a watch on your left wrist. It has many different functions, as it is no ordinary watch. It is my special invention. If you want to know more, you can contact me with it. I am sure a smart fellow like you would be able to figure out how to use it, no?

~ The Silencer

Quote>Read Receipt
It's a receipt for some purchases. The date of these purchases is December 20th, 2012. The things you bought were:
- One 64 GB iPod Touch
- Marlboro Light carton
- Lighter Gun

Quote>Take off watch
>Place watch near wall
>Step Back
Before listening to this man, this "Silencer", you decide to try another approach. What if the watch has a timed bomb on it or something? You didn't realize the watch wasn't yours before. You quickly take it off, but soon realize you can't. "What?" you ask yourself, attempting to pry it open. How did you not realize this before... It's basically been chained to your wrist. "Bastard," you mutter, giving up.

Quotestab the wall with the keys
Angrily, you stab at the wall with your keys. It has no effect, besides making the watch beep again. The noise is still annoying, but you've become more accustomed to it now, like you are to the sound of silence.

Quotedo a barrel roll through the wall
You attempt it, but just crash into the wall. "I'm sick and tired of barrel rolls," you grumble in pain.

What now?

QuoteCellphone is shattered into pieces, and money has been burned. They gone.
I accounted for cellphone, but the money never ended up getting burned because you started with the carton of cigarettes and finding the note in there stopped that action.

The Riddler

Aha.
Contact the man...
>Check watch for buttons.
>Press button if applicable and shout loudly.

Dog Food

Quote from: Rosencrantz on March 27, 2010, 09:02:32 PM
Aha.
Contact the man...
>Check watch for buttons.
>Press button if applicable and shout loudly.
You decide you might as well look at the watch. You gasp as you realize it really isn't an ordinary watch. There are several functions the watch has. The main screen gives several options, they are:
- Contact List
- Map
- Stats
- Inventory
- Hints

You hit the Contact List. There is one choice: The Silencer. You click his name and after a few beeps a hologram pops up. It shows a miniature stool with a miniature man sitting on it in a white robe.

"Er, hello?" you greet the hologram cautiously. "Are you the Silencer?"

"Hello, dear Hero. Welcome to my humble abode," said the hologram version of the Silencer.

"Uh, hi."

"I'm sure you have many questions-"

"Yeah actually, about that-"

"but I won't be answering them right now."

"Oh..."

"Come find me, where we can talk in person. I have something to show you."

"A way for me to get my memories back?"

"Yes, you're memories will be there as well."

"Okay, I'll come. Where are you?"

"If you have the will, you have the way."

"Wha-?" But the line was disconnected. "Dammit. Why do these mentor figures always have to be so vague?" You sigh. Looks like there is still yet another challenge ahead of you before you can piece together some of your past.

What now?

Note: The watch will always be there with its functions. If you ever need it or don't remember it's functions, just ask to look at it again.