News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Dark Maze game

Started by Night the Lucario, March 27, 2010, 03:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night the Lucario

Because I hadn't seen this before, I'll assume that most of you haven't played it before. That's alright, I've only played it recently. This is the way this game works; you find yourself in a pitch black maze. There are four turns you can take, Up, Down, Left, or Right. There are a number of items scattered around the maze, as well. Some of these will help, some of these will hinder and some of them may just be really really strange.

This game uses a point system to determine a winner once you have exited the maze. Here's how THAT works:

Not walking into a wall: +1
Walking into a wall: -1
Finding a torch: +3, special.
Finding a lantern: +5, special.
Finding a flashlight: +10, special.
Finding treasure(s.): +5
Finding treasure(m.): +10
Finding treasure(l.): +20
Finding treasure(d.): +100
Finding the exit: +100

Any questions?

Edit: Now with a list of people and their scores! YAY!

Third K: +1
Smokey the Bear: +35
AcerChris: +4
So_So_Man: +2522
Rob: +1615
Dusk: +10

I'm posting a list of monsters and the treasure you've found.

Treasures(s.):
----
----
Holy Sword!
----
----
----
----
Crucifix!
----
----

Treasures(m.):
-----
-----
-----
-----
-----

Treasures(l.):
-------
-------
-------

Treasures(D.):
Piles o' Loot! W00t!(Dragon's still alive, of course, so nobody can get this one right now.)

Monsters:
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
-----
-----
-----
-----
-----
------
------
------
Dragon King
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Thirdkoopa

Do we all start at the same point?

And this sounds like an interesting forum game. Count me in. Is there a sign up sheet? If not, I take the road down/south.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Night the Lucario

Yes, and no. You all start in the center, everyone who posts after this just gets ported to the center. Then they look back with the directions that worked and didn't and get to everyone else from there.

You decide to feel your way down. You take a tentative step, then a second one, and, with gaining confidence you walk directly dow- OW! Who put this wall here?!
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Thirdkoopa

Sounds fine to me. So am I allowed to move anywhere asides from south now or do I have to go back up north?

If I don't have to go back up north then I take left.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Night the Lucario

Nope. Since you ran into a wall, you haven't moved anywhere.

You reach your hand out, and don't feel anything, although that doesn't mean much, you think, smiling ruefully. Still, you carefully step left, hoping to avoid giving yourself a bloody(or broken, that would be worse) nose. You step to the left, and again, and take a third step. No walls!

Thirdkoopa

Very well then; This'll be interesting as long as we get more people later in the day. Now that I'm onto the left I'm gonna try moving north.

Night the Lucario

You begin to move north, assured that there can't possibly be only one hallway in this maze? Right? Right? Unfortunately for you, you think your nose is now broken. It is certainly bleeding, anyway.

Thirdkoopa

Ok, so north/up isn't possible, and left...Then again it may be somewhere else.

Hmm, gonna give one more try around here before I check that it's a dead end. How about south?

Night the Lucario

Beleaguered and no little concussed, you wander south... right into another wall.

Thirdkoopa

This game is going to get pretty difficult for me D; -2 already. Anyways, move back to the left/start and try going left one more.

Night the Lucario

You take another series of steps into the dark labyrinth that you still have no real idea why you're in. Success! At least it's not another wall!

Dog Food

Are there more ways to go then one? Do you have the maze all planned out?

If there are more ways to get places then one, then I choose to go north. If there isn't, then take me left.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Chris8492

Night the Lucario

Quote from: Smokey the Bear on March 27, 2010, 05:55:54 AM
Are there more ways to go then one? Do you have the maze all planned out?

If there are more ways to get places then one, then I choose to go north. If there isn't, then take me left.

I do have the maze mapped out, actually. And yes, there is more than one path, in fact, I have five that lead to the exit. Some are simply... longer... than others.

Smokey, you head north and walk into a wall. Since I'm not feeling up to making actual RPs right now.

Acer, you walk into open space, and you feel something against your foot. You reach down to pick it up. Congratulations! You've found a Torch!

...Alright, now I'm going to explain what I meant by the Special the three sources of light have. When you find one, I PM you directions equal to the item bonus; i.e., for a torch, you get three. The sources of light allow you to see a number of squares(five feet, about three steps), equal to their bonus, as well. So. Yeah.

So_So_Man

i move to the left 2 spots